ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread VIII: 4/21/09 - 6/25/09

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Re: Official Trade Thread VIII (Visitors Post Trades HERE!) 

Post#1441 » by Severn Hoos » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

sashae, Landry would be great - but I can't see any way (or why) Houston trades him.

Foster would be good - but would probably take minutes from McGee without really being able to play alongside him. Not bad if the goal is to maximize this year's team, but not much for the future.

Collison would be fine - OKC doesn't really need him, and he could be a good rental for us.

Don't see GS giving up on Wright that quickly, but if they did, I'm sure they could get better offers elsewhere.

I'd love for them to pursue Landry. Might require next year's 1st, but I'd probably do that (I know, rules restrict - maybe 2011 1st?) Otherwise, I think it's probably the FA route. I'd also love McDyess in here if he wants to play for Flip again.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#1442 » by Benjammin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:07 pm

My initial feeling is that the Wizards should look for the wide body banger PF to their front court. I still like that idea but I also can see adding a pure center so that Blatche can focus more on PF and to have a backup center as insurance that McGee isn't ready to make the next step forward. Ideally the Wizards would get both but they need at least one of those type guys. The backup PF could also be the greybeard wily veteran who is a glue guy and can hopefully stick an open 15 footer.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#1443 » by Benjammin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:22 pm

sashae wrote:Assuming the basis of Mike James + #32 pick (our most tradeable/disposable assets) I came up with:

To GS for
Ronny Turiaf (bad contract)
Brandan Wright

OR to Memphis for
Darko Milicic

OR to Houston for
Carl Landry
Brian Cook (expiring)

OR to Indy for
Jeff Foster

OR to Oklahoma City for
Nick Collison

OR to Milwaukee for
Dan Gadzuric

OR to Portland for
Joel Pryzbilla

I admittedly am not hugely inspired by the list of options.

Of those deals, the ones the other team would probably realistically consider would be Gadzuric, Foster, and Collison (all because they have an additional year 2010-2011 on their contracts), Darko (makes a little more than James). Turiaf's contract is longer but not at a lot of money. Landry and Pryzbilla are too valuable for those packages.

What it means to me (as has been mentioned by nate and possibly others) is that the better route is to trade Stevenson and Crittenton to keep the 2010 cap under some control. The problem with trading James for someone who is not an expiring is that the Wizards lose the cap savings of James' contract expiring. Therefore, to trade James for a non-expiring deal, the Wizards better get some serious value. If the plan is to develop Blatche and McGee, then the Wizards cannot afford to invest too much in a 4th or 5th big guy.
jimij
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#1444 » by jimij » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:32 pm

gilbertgoes05 wrote:I like the idea of trading the 2nd and a future first and maybe even a filler for another 1st round pick this year. I've never thought of it before. It makes sense. The players from 6-15 are all at about the same skill level. Adding that person could be a phenomenal help to our bench.

It definitely could happen since we are obviously in a win now situation.

:nod: Me likey....
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1445 » by yungal07 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:54 pm

I'd give up Jamison and Stevenson for Brand...
eltacoman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#1446 » by eltacoman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:04 pm

clips have to many bigs now...im hoping the clips take

Deshawn James 32nd and Future considerations
for
Marcus Camby

:guitar:

how dose Future considerations work anyways ?.... anyways dont really give our 32nd up for Future considerations like Ernie said he might do :-?
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#1447 » by Benjammin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 pm

eltacoman wrote:clips have to many bigs now...im hoping the clips take

Deshawn James 32nd and Future considerations
for
Marcus Camby

:guitar:

how dose Future considerations work anyways ?.... anyways dont really give our 32nd up for Future considerations like Ernie said he might do :-?

I seriously doubt the Clips would be willing to take on extra salary in 2010 because of Stevenson. I don't know that Camby's the greatest fit but for this package I would certainly do it.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1448 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 pm

James+Critt+32 for Camby works from a salary and talent perspective. But then we would have two veteran centers (Haywood and Camby) in contract years arguing over minutes. And don't say "Camby can play PF" because nate already proved that Camby isn't effective there. I just don't think Camby would work out from a chemistry persepctive.

If we do Stevenson for Humphries and then Critt for Skinner, that would pretty much re-balance the roster. We can use the #32 on BPA regardless of position and go through the rest of the summer with our roster pretty much set.
eltacoman
Junior

Post#1449 » by eltacoman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Pendergraph or Taj Gibson

then sign

Grant Hill ..... the Suns seem like they are going to throw the towel in … he could finish his career near his home town DMV baby
eltacoman
Junior

Post#1450 » by eltacoman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:47 pm

LyricalRico wrote:James+Critt+32 for Camby works from a salary and talent perspective. But then we would have two veteran centers (Haywood and Camby) in contract years arguing over minutes. And don't say "Camby can play PF" because nate already proved that Camby isn't effective there. I just don't think Camby would work out from a chemistry persepctive.

If we do Stevenson for Humphries and then Critt for Skinner, that would pretty much re-balance the roster. We can use the #32 on BPA regardless of position and go through the rest of the summer with our roster pretty much set.

i would want Camby as Haywoods backup... but i could see that there could be some friction between them

Grant Hill & Mcdyess im hoping they sign up with us draft a young pf too Taj Gibson i hope he falls to us
eltacoman
Junior

Post#1451 » by eltacoman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Tim Thomas for Mike James 32nd
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1452 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm

eltacoman wrote:Grant Hill & Mcdyess im hoping they sign up with us draft a young pf too Taj Gibson i hope he falls to us

Again, where do they play?

Haywood/Blatche/McGee
Jamison/McDyess/Gibson
Butler/Hill/McGuire
Miller/Foye/Young/Stevenson
Arenas/James/Critt

That's too many players! People, we can't have everybody. Some of the same people who want to keep drafting/signing forwards and centers are the same people complaining that Blatche, McGee, and McGuire need more minutes. You can't have both!

We either play the people we already have and fill out the roster with emergency players who rarely see the floor. Or we believe that the players we currently have are junk and we get rid of them and replace them with other players. Those are the choices. But you can't just keep adding players.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#1453 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:16 pm

yungal07 wrote:I'd give up Jamison and Stevenson for Brand...

Me too, but this is the kind of high risk/high reward trade that I see the Wizards shying away from.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#1454 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Me too, I love AJ but one thing I dont want to see him doing this season is shooting 3's. We now have Arenas, Miller and Foye who can all shoot the 3 way better...
eltacoman
Junior

Post#1455 » by eltacoman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:10 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
eltacoman wrote:Grant Hill & Mcdyess im hoping they sign up with us draft a young pf too Taj Gibson i hope he falls to us

Haywood/Blatche/McGee
Jamison/McDyess/Gibson
Butler/Hill/McGuire
Arenas/James/Critt

That's too many players! People, we can't have everybody. Some of the same people who want to keep drafting/signing forwards and centers are the same people complaining that Blatche, McGee, and McGuire need more minutes. You can't have both!

We either play the people we already have and fill out the roster with emergency players who rarely see the floor. Or we believe that the players we currently have are junk and we get rid of them and replace them with other players. Those are the choices. But you can't just keep adding players.

yeah thats true... we are going to cut down to a 8 or 9 man rotation soo we should not add players that will take away valuable playing time that our promising young bigs should get

maybe somthing like Mike James 32nd for DeSagana Diop to be our 3rd C
and sign Kurt Tomas to be our 3rd PF

were going to see Shaq alot more now and Howard has upped his game too so we are going to need some bodys to throw at them
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1456 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Me too, I love AJ but one thing I dont want to see him doing this season is shooting 3's. We now have Arenas, Miller and Foye who can all shoot the 3 way better...

I don't mind Jamison shooting 3's. In fact, I don't want him to change a thing offensively from what he did this past season (other than a few less attempts to accommodate Arenas and Miller). Jamison had his most efficient season as a starter in his entire career going by TS%. His 35.1% 3-point percentage is equivalent to shooting 52.6% from 2-point range. That's efficient scoring while also spreading the floor for others.

All I want to see out of Jamison is a few less minutes so he'll have energy to give maximum effort on D. He can also scale back his usage rate just a bit since there are so many other offensive players to help him.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#1457 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 pm

LyricalRico wrote:

Haywood/Blatche/McGee
Jamison/McDyess/Gibson
Butler/Hill/McGuire
Arenas/James/Critt

I think a lot of people complained about Blatche and McGee getting more minutes last year because it was a lost season and why not get the youngsters more experience. However, with a healthy roster back and a playoff caliber team, I'm not that confident a lot of people will be as tolerable or as patient with stupid mistakes, blown assignments, etc. I'm not sold that all we need is an emergency player or two that will never see the floor. At least with respect to McGee, I think a lot of people are overestimating how good he will be this coming year. I still see another year or two before he can become a reliable back-up.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#1458 » by Soup's Uncle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:

Haywood/Blatche/McGee
Jamison/McDyess/Gibson
Butler/Hill/McGuire
Arenas/James/Critt

I think a lot of people complained about Blatche and McGee getting more minutes last year because it was a lost season and why not get the youngsters more experience. However, with a healthy roster back and a playoff caliber team, I'm not that confident a lot of people will be as tolerable or as patient with stupid mistakes, blown assignments, etc. I'm not sold that all we need is an emergency player or two that will never see the floor. At least with respect to McGee, I think a lot of people are overestimating how good he will be this coming year. I still see another year or two before he can become a reliable back-up.

I really agree with that. With every brilliant/jaw dropping play McGee will make, he'll make one or two bonehead plays.

Thus the need for an experienced banger.
F Street = Wall Street
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#1459 » by Soup's Uncle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:00 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:

Haywood/Blatche/McGee
Jamison/McDyess/Gibson
Butler/Hill/McGuire
Arenas/James/Critt

I really agree with that. With every brilliant/jaw dropping play McGee will make, he'll make one or two bonehead plays.

Thus the need for an experienced banger.
F Street = Wall Street
just1bullet
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#1460 » by just1bullet » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:06 pm

We need a Back up center and an insurance policy if Haywood gets hurt or leaves in 10'
this works

Washington trades
Pick 32
DeShawn Stevenson
Mike James

Clippers trades
Chris Kaman

Return to Washington Wizards