ImageImageImageImageImage

Why do the Cavs and wiz hate each other so much?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: Why do the Cavs and wiz hate each other so much? 

Post#21 » by miller31time » Fri May 8, 2009 7:27 pm

How does Cleveland keep getting so ridiculously lucky come playoff time?

They've faced us the past 2 times in the playoffs without Gilbert and/or Caron.

They faced the Pistons this year without Iverson (who ironically played really well against Cleveland in the regular season).

And they are now facing the Hawks without Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams and Al Horford.

Are you kidding me?

Now, that's not to say they wouldn't have beaten us, the Pistons or the Hawks with those teams having healthy rosters but still....can you ask for an easier pass through the first few rounds year after year?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#22 » by nate33 » Fri May 8, 2009 7:49 pm

miller31time wrote:How does Cleveland keep getting so ridiculously lucky come playoff time?

They've faced us the past 2 times in the playoffs without Gilbert and/or Caron.

They faced the Pistons this year without Iverson (who ironically played really well against Cleveland in the regular season).

And they are now facing the Hawks without Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams and Al Horford.

Are you kidding me?

Now, that's not to say they wouldn't have beaten us, the Pistons or the Hawks with those teams having healthy rosters but still....can you ask for an easier pass through the first few rounds year after year?

It'll come back to bite them. They won't be playoff-tested like other teams. Orlando could possibly take them out. The Lakers or Denver surely will.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#23 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Fri May 8, 2009 7:51 pm

The basketball gods will have their revenge. I've got my voodoo doll ready...
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#24 » by keynote » Fri May 8, 2009 9:43 pm

Mike Lee recognizes real: the Wizards/Cavs rivalry is indeed two-sided:

Mike Lee wrote:You'd think that the Wizards would be long forgotten, with Washington finishing with the worst record in the Eastern Conference and hoping for some lottery luck and the Cavaliers a championship-caliber team staring down an unimpeded path to the NBA Finals. But before the Cavaliers smashed the Atlanta Hawks 105-85 -- Cleveland's sixth consecutive double-digit win this postseason -- James was asked about the suspensions the league levied on Orlando's Rafer Alston and the Los Angeles Lakers' Derek Fisher and used the opportunity to needle the Wizards.

Mike Lee wrote:"Washington tried something and it didn't work," James told reporters in Cleveland last night. "They lost in the first round again. We all know Washington is not a physical team. They tried to be physical and they lost."

Mike Lee wrote:This is the second time this postseason that James has made a comment about Washington. Before the Cavaliers played Detroit, James talked about how the motivation to beat the Pistons was simply to win and advance, unlike their previous first-round matchups against the Wizards.

"We really hated them," James said. "It was easy to dial in against them."

Who says this isn't a rivalry?

It is surprising to hear LeBron still mentioning the Wizards a year later--especially when they're cruising against the current competition. The Wizards are in his head. ;)

Next year can't get here fast enough.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#25 » by closg00 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:52 am

"It's unexplainable, honestly," James said after carrying Cleveland to a 3-0 lead in the series. "There's only a few guys in this league that can get into a zone like that, and I'm blessed to have the ability to be one of those guys

The Queen after last nights victory, nuff-said.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#26 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:35 pm

closg00 wrote:
"It's unexplainable, honestly," James said after carrying Cleveland to a 3-0 lead in the series. "There's only a few guys in this league that can get into a zone like that, and I'm blessed to have the ability to be one of those guys

The Queen after last nights victory, nuff-said.

Wow he is so arrogant!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#27 » by hands11 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:24 am

keynote wrote:Mike Lee recognizes real: the Wizards/Cavs rivalry is indeed two-sided:

Mike Lee wrote:You'd think that the Wizards would be long forgotten, with Washington finishing with the worst record in the Eastern Conference and hoping for some lottery luck and the Cavaliers a championship-caliber team staring down an unimpeded path to the NBA Finals. But before the Cavaliers smashed the Atlanta Hawks 105-85 -- Cleveland's sixth consecutive double-digit win this postseason -- James was asked about the suspensions the league levied on Orlando's Rafer Alston and the Los Angeles Lakers' Derek Fisher and used the opportunity to needle the Wizards.

Mike Lee wrote:"Washington tried something and it didn't work," James told reporters in Cleveland last night. "They lost in the first round again. We all know Washington is not a physical team. They tried to be physical and they lost."

Mike Lee wrote:This is the second time this postseason that James has made a comment about Washington. Before the Cavaliers played Detroit, James talked about how the motivation to beat the Pistons was simply to win and advance, unlike their previous first-round matchups against the Wizards.

"We really hated them," James said. "It was easy to dial in against them."

Who says this isn't a rivalry?

It is surprising to hear LeBron still mentioning the Wizards a year later--especially when they're cruising against the current competition. The Wizards are in his head. ;)

Next year can't get here fast enough.

Hell, we gave them trouble this year and we weren't even healthy. The only reason Gil sat out the last game was because we wanted balls and we already proved what needed proved.

Believe it or not, Cleveland is getting old. Z, Wally, Ben Wallace, Joe Smith.

Go ahead and talk your smack while you can. You know like LeBron knows. You don't want to face us next year healthy.
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#28 » by prekazi » Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

I love reading you guys. :lol: Have fun!
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Why do the Cavs and wiz each other so much? 

Post#29 » by Wizardspride » Mon May 11, 2009 6:58 pm

As much as it pains me to say this, some of you guys need to stop.

I dislike Lebron as much as the next guy but at some point we need to drop this obsession with him.

Look....we all know Lebron was the recipient of some questionable calls and the fact is that we faced him at less than full strength for the most part.

It is what is....

That being said, the Cavs have blown past us and it comes across as childish to continually obsess over them.

Frankly, I'm more interested in talking about the steps the Wiz need to take in order to compete against them.

But that's just me....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#30 » by nate33 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:13 pm

The only thing that bugs me about this "rivalry" is the collective wisdom that it's one-sided, as if Cleveland owns the Wizards. If anything, it's the other way around. When the Wizards are healthy, they own the Cavs. Arenas has faced Lebron in 13 regular season games. The Wizards are 9-4 in those 13 games! If you count the playoff series three years ago, then the Wizards are 11-8 against Cleveland when Arenas and Lebron are healthy. You can even count the 4 playoff games last year when Arenas played on one leg and the Wizards still have the advantage 12-11.

It's only when you look at exclusively at playoff matchups, and ignore the fact that Arenas and Butler missed the entire 2006/07 series and Arenas played hurt in the 2007/08, that Cleveland owns us. Heck, we took them to 6 games without a heatlhy Arenas last year. Take away Lebron and Mo Williams from Cleveland and see how well they play against us in a 7 game series.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#31 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I would hate them irregardless of weather we were cheated out of playoff games or not. Pompous **** super stars have always been on my hate list.

Return to Washington Wizards