Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Gilbert Arenas as a "pure PG" 

Post#61 » by dobrojim » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:30 pm

Givin that I am optimistic that Gil is recovered, I would take
Gil over Deron Williams right now.

Whoever said how soon we forget was dead on. Gil can ball.
And what we saw in those 2 brief games this year leads me
to believe he is recovered. His shooting wasn't there, but
that's the least of my concerns when thinking about his game.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Gilbert Arenas as a "pure PG" 

Post#62 » by hands11 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 am

Brenice wrote:With the improvement of Haywood, the addition of Blatche, McGhee and Songaila, subtraction of Ruffin and Etan, the addition of Nick Young and McGuire, the subraction of R. Mason, Jarvis Hayes, and JaredJeffries, the addition of Critt and the subtraction of Daniels, + the 5th pick or its assets, and next years team will surround Gilbert with better talent than when Gil was ever heathy as a Wizard.

That being the case, the wiz won't just rely on a Big 3 or Agent0. They won't have to. You saw more distribution of the ball by Gil the last 2 injury destroyed years. He has finishers now, even if some are young.

Next year, they will be playing for something meaningful, unlike last year and before. Just pray for a break with the injuries. And during the time when it is needed, hopefully Agent0 will be Agent0.

This is right on with what I have been posting.

That said, GA can be one if not the best PG in the league next year. Given he is healthy enough to play 72 games, there is nothing in the way of GA being the best except for him deciding to do it.

CP scored lots of 30pt games with 10 assists. GA can do that when needed but like you said, hopefully that isn't needed until playoff time so he is rested and ready to rock.

I agree this looks like our most talented team. Adding Haywood and GA back is going to have a huge effect. I can see us going deep in the playoffs next year. LA would still be tough but I think we have a good shot against most any other team except for our lack of experience playing deep in the playoffs.

Remember we used to get crushed by athletic teams (ATL)? We'll, now we are more athletic with more seasoned young players AB, NY, DMAC, McGee and Crit. Plus Curry :) Sure the youngs still have something to prove but I have a good feeling after a good summer and with Flip as their coach and GIl being tutored as a leader --- finally.

I have been a EG believer and it looks like everything is coming together nicely.

Return to Washington Wizards