ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#901 » by hands11 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 am

Nick and McGee are going to have good games. That is not a negative for the Wizards. They had good games and good runs of games here as well.

As for Mack, I don't have a huge problem with how it played out. Hopefully the DL has helped him hone his skills. But we are talking an average back up PG. For that, they went with Price who is quicker and a better defender. Its just he is hurt now.

I think the bigger problem was not having anything near a starting PG to replace Wall while he was out. Price wasn't it. Best they could have done was make Crawford that player but they didn't do that early enough.

But then again. That is assuming Ted didn't want another tank year under his belt. Which its looking more and more like he did/do.

You don't start a back up PG like Price ( or Mack if he was here) with a 19 year old kid and no #1 or #2 scoring options unless you are outright stupid or you are looking to tank.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#902 » by hands11 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 am

Nivek wrote:Grunfeld must have some kind of Jedi mind thing over team owners. My guess is that they've convinced themselves that the problem is injuries to Wall and Nene and that everyone would play better if those two were in the lineup.

So your position is that they wouldn't play better with Wall and Nene in the line up ?

Hey, I know it is cathartic and all to beat on Ted and EG. Lord knows we are all frustrated. Specially since they have accumulated some pieces.

But come on now. Of course they would be better with those two out there. No Wall and Nene to start the year had a huge effect on this season. And to make it worse, Kevin was injured preseason as well. And now they don't have Trevor A, Price and Booker on top of that.

This has been a train wreck. But at least we are probably behind the worst of Beals play. He should start to rebound now. Kevin S is someone who's development will be fun to watch. He could still be a beast if they keep developing him well. There are still pieces that will be fun to watch get better. But the season... the season is shot. Its a tank. And that sucks. You can no longer count on them doing anything logical to win because winning is bad for the tank. God I hate tank years. Takes all the fun out of expecting them to do anything good or logical. Gotta put your tank logic hat on to predict their next moves.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#903 » by TGW » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 am

Nick Young didn't have a good game against the Lakers...alot of garbage buckets and typical Nick Young iso-shot jacking.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#904 » by Halcyon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Josh Howard cut, apparently torn ACL.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#905 » by Induveca » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 pm

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/29/he-got-paid-so-where-is-javale-mcgee/

Ouch, McGee called a "20 minute player" by Karl. Article slams McGee pretty badly as a disappoint,emt, essentially calling him "not so bright" and unreliable, but not in those exact words.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#906 » by Dat2U » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Induveca wrote:http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/29/he-got-paid-so-where-is-javale-mcgee/

Ouch, McGee called a "20 minute player" by Karl. Article slams McGee pretty badly as a disappoint,emt, essentially calling him "not so bright" and unreliable, but not in those exact words.

The article needs to be slammed too. McGee is the best center on that roster. And it's not even close.

22.4 PER
.597 TS%
113 ORtg
104 DRtg
.163 WS/48

Maybe Karl needs to re-evaluate who he's giving minutes to. I've read many folks around the league, including scouts who believe McGee should be playing more. Even with his asthma he should be getting 26-28 minutes a night.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#907 » by Induveca » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:22 pm

He made a good point, Karl doesn't allow him to shoot. He only gets layups and dunks.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#908 » by Dat2U » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Induveca wrote:He made a good point, Karl doesn't allow him to shoot. He only gets layups and dunks.

Which is fine. I don't mind Karl being a hard ass on McGee. McGee likely needs that type of motivation, but he certainly deserves more minutes as well.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#909 » by FAH1223 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Great leader of men has been benched.

“Fifteen years,” the Lakers forward said, recapping his career. “My only thing is let me know why. I don’t think you go from starting and 30-something minutes to not in the rotation whatsoever. And not explaining to me what exactly happened, that’s the toughest thing. There’s nothing you can do but be positive and support your teammates. The only reason I came here was they said I was going to play and to win a championship.”

“There’s a competitor in me that wants to compete and I know I can help the team,” Jamison said. “Whenever I get answers, I guess I’ll feel more better about the situation but nothing has been told to me why nothing has happened or that I did anything wrong.

“DNPs for the first time in my career. I have not had a conversation with [D’Antoni] about anything about the situation.”

Lakers' Antawn Jamison unhappy about being benched - latimes.com
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#910 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:40 pm

McGuire has been waived again, probably for the last time. When your a defensive-minded player who can't shot *cough Vesely*, it makes it hard to stick in this league.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Post#911 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:01 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Induveca wrote:http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/29/he-got-paid-so-where-is-javale-mcgee/

The article needs to be slammed too. McGee is the best center on that roster. And it's not even close.

22.4 PER
.597 TS%
113 ORtg
104 DRtg
.163 WS/48

Maybe Karl needs to re-evaluate who he's giving minutes to. I've read many folks around the league, including scouts who believe McGee should be playing more. Even with his asthma he should be getting 26-28 minutes a night.

McGee's comments are as good as they could be.

McGee had all the right answers after Friday’s game when it came to his limited playing time. Perhaps three-plus seasons in Washington will do that to any player.

“As long as we win, I can’t feel any way about it,” McGee said. “I’m just trying to help the team win and do everything I can to make sure that we win games. It’s definitely a blessing being on a wining team. It’s a lot more positive. Just happy to be here.”
Bye bye Beal.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,903

Post#912 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:39 pm

Here's a few excerpts from a column in today's Denver Post about McGee that was posted on another thread.

For $10 million, you would think Nuggets center JaVale McGee could buy a clue.
You would be dead wrong. It's impossible to make a basketball player smarter by overpaying him.

In a single 7-foot bundle of confusion, McGee and his unfulfilled potential represent everything that's wrong with the Nuggets, a team coach George Karl labeled as arrogant and immature after a putrid home loss Thursday night against Minnesota.

With 5 minutes, 8 seconds remaining in the fourth period of a tie game, Timberwolves guard J.J. Barea, who's about as physically imposing as JWoww from "Jersey Shore," drove the lane to the rim. McGee stood there and did nothing, as Barea made an uncontested layup. Karl called timeout. McGee took a seat on the bench. The Big Tease never returned to the court.

I would give McGee a one-way bus ticket to Altoona, Pa. Trade his unfulfilled potential in a heartbeat. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of town, big fella.

But, based primarily on a single, amazing 21-point playoff game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri gave McGee a four-year, $44 million contract, in effect doubling down on a bet that money can instill passion in a tall guy who doesn't particularly love basketball (e.g. Nene).

There are advanced hoops metrics that suggest McGee is the team's most productive player. But as I watched McGee struggle like a frustrated third-grader, as he stubbornly tried to pull on a dress shirt and a sweater over his head at the same time following the loss to Minnesota, my lone thought was: Wow, can stats tell a real doozy of a lie.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#913 » by Dat2U » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:48 pm

Meanwhile in DC we can celebrate the fact we've got Nene instead of McGee and were 4-26! Whoop Whoop!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#914 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:46 am

Dat2U wrote:Meanwhile in DC we can celebrate the fact we've got Nene instead of McGee and were 4-26! Whoop Whoop!

C'mon Dat2U. That's not fair. The 4-26 record certainly isn't Nene's fault. He has been awesome all season. His on/off numbers continue to be insane. When Nene is on the floor, the Wizards are an above-average ball club with a +6 point differential (that's about 55 wins or so). When he is off the floor, they're literally the worst team of all time.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#915 » by Dat2U » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:06 am

nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Meanwhile in DC we can celebrate the fact we've got Nene instead of McGee and were 4-26! Whoop Whoop!

C'mon Dat2U. That's not fair. The 4-26 record certainly isn't Nene's fault. He has been awesome all season. His on/off numbers continue to be insane. When Nene is on the floor, the Wizards are an above-average ball club with a +6 point differential (that's about 55 wins or so). When he is off the floor, they're literally the worst team of all time.

For all of his awesomeness the fact is were still 4-26. Maybe if he played more than 18 games at 23 minutes per those numbers would mean more.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,903

Post#916 » by DCZards » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:44 am

Dat2U wrote:For all of his awesomeness the fact is were still 4-26. Maybe if he played more than 18 games at 23 minutes per those numbers would mean more.

Healthwise, it's probably a good idea to limit Nene minutes. The Zards season isn't going anywhere and it makes no sense to overuse a top player with a foot injury that needs rest.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#917 » by sashae » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:34 pm

Andray was questioned subsequent to the Nets game in Philly with regards to the report of a rape by a Nets player.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#918 » by keynote » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:38 pm

Man, if any of that is true... That fool seems to be incapable of staying out of trouble.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... _Associate
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#919 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:17 pm

Proceed cautiously here, this tap story has all the makings of a classic honey-trap. The female was dragged upstairs to the hotel room? This will end with a "settlement"
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#920 » by keynote » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:58 pm

closg00 wrote:Proceed cautiously here, this tap story has all the makings of a classic honey-trap. The female was dragged upstairs to the hotel room? This will end with a "settlement"

That's entirely possible. That's *still* "trouble," though. Blatche was *still* up at 4 AM (with a game that night, if I have the time line right), hanging w/ a crowd and in an environment where he'd be susceptible to a "honey-trap."

Some players can live like that and get away with it. Blatche has not shown the ability thus far in his career to live that way and remain unscathed.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.

Return to Washington Wizards