ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1201 » by queridiculo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Looking at that chart, we would have been better off just throwing a dart at the board than to rely on our vaunted front office to make a decent pick.

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#1202 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkPCzk9H2IQ[/youtube]

A guy I would follow-up on from that draft class would be JaJaun Johnson who is playing in the Turkish league. JJ has hops, John would love this guys athleticism.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1203 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:22 pm

How nice would it be to have Mirotic as our stretch 4? He was picked 5 spots after Singleton.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1204 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Maybe I'm missing something. Were they former Wizards ?

Meanwhile.

I read recently that Crawford isn't on that China team anymore.

Dray, he playing well over there and racking up stats. I wonder if a team like MIA picks him up when the season is done.

Ves is being Ves. Being a glue guy and missing free throws. I expect he stays over there another year.

Price got cut again. Not sure where he is. Just floating in the either.

Nick is being Swaggy in LA

Trevor A is in Houston missing Wall, playing with that ugly ass makes my eye bleed to watch him play Harden. Plus they have Josh now. And douche Howard. Hey, cash those checks Trevor. But no way he enjoys his team like he did here.

McGee is injured again and costing over 10M in DEN... Man we crushed in that trade getting Nene. Nene has played more games as well. McGee has played 19 games over the last 1.25 seasons.

C Martin is in DET logging CD-DNPs

S Mack is logging CD-DNPs in ATL 6 games and running.

Maynor is sitting on a toilet somewhere pushing out bean farts.

Booker is being Booker. Putting up stats on a bad team

Singleton.. Where is he ?

Glen Rice. We just cut. He is available to sign as of today.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1205 » by montestewart » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:45 pm

EG's postmodernist strategy: acquire lousy players, establish their lousiness, help them find their way to other teams, make the rest of the league worse. It's brilliant.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1206 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm

montestewart wrote:EG's postmodernist strategy: acquire lousy players, establish their lousiness, help them find their way to other teams, make the rest of the league worse. It's brilliant.

Add better players.

Win title

Its brilliant.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1207 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:26 pm

hands11 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something. Where they former Wizards ?

Meanwhile.

Dray, he playing well over there and racking up stats. I wonder if a team like MIA picks him up when the season is done.

Ves is being Ves. Being a glue guy and missing free throws. I expect he stays over there another year.

Trevor A is in Houston missing Wall, playing with that ugly ass makes my eye bleed to watch him play Harden. Plus they have Josh now. And douche Howard. Hey, cash those checks Trevor. But no way he enjoys his team like he did here.

McGee is injured again and costing over 10M in DEN... Man we crushed in that trade getting Nene. Nene has played more games as well. McGee has played 19 games over the last 1.25 seasons.

Says the guy who will babble about anything in any thread. Side-bar discussions happen all the time in threads...but you already know this. Apologies to the board for quoting in this response.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#1208 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:10 am

Meanwhile.

Singleton is in China, playing for a bad team putting up decent numbers. 22.5ppg, 12.8rpg, 51%fg on 15 shots per game. But again it's china and inflated stats on a bad team. I'm sure a team will bring him on when China lets out.

I read that Crawford got some kind of infection and had to leave the team, he was putting up nice numbers and he might catch a spot over here or in the D league once his deal runs out.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1209 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:25 am

closg00 wrote:

Meanwhile.

Says the guy who will babble about anything in any thread. Side-bar discussions happen all the time in threads...but you already know this. Apologies to the board for quoting in this response.

why are you apologizing for quoting one of my posts ?
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1210 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:44 pm

Booker dropped 17/7 (with 2 threes) to help beat the Warriors last night.

Overall his numbers are really no better than the were when he was here. He scores at a bit higher rate with more turnovers. His DRPM is -1.3.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1211 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1212 » by Kanyewest » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:01 pm

tontoz wrote:Booker dropped 17/7 (with 2 threes) to help beat the Warriors last night.

Overall his numbers are really no better than the were when he was here. He scores at a bit higher rate with more turnovers. His DRPM is -1.3.

Booker still might be better than he was last season. Pair him with John Wall and the Wizards supporting cast instead of Utah and his offensive production would probably rise (until Randy Wittman told him to take more mid-range 2s).
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,949

Post#1213 » by CobraCommander » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:34 am

hands11 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something. Were they former Wizards ?

Meanwhile.

Just an awesome post-
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1214 » by nate33 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 4:14 am

Kanyewest wrote:
tontoz wrote:Booker dropped 17/7 (with 2 threes) to help beat the Warriors last night.

Booker still might be better than he was last season. Pair him with John Wall and the Wizards supporting cast instead of Utah and his offensive production would probably rise (until Randy Wittman told him to take more mid-range 2s).

Booker looks like the same old Booker to me. He's a decent player who can help on offense, but he's a bit of a liability on defense. I like that he has added the 3-point shot, but it hasn't really boosted his TS% or ORtg. He shoots 35% on 3-pointers which gives him roughly the same eFG% as his 53% shooting from 2-PT range.

I liked Booker and I'm glad he is still doing pretty well, but I'm happier with Humphries and his contract. Humphries has the same PER, a higher WS/48, and he plays a few more minutes on a better team. I think we can find better reasons to complain about Ernie Grunfeld.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1215 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:43 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

Meanwhile.

Singleton is in China, playing for a bad team putting up decent numbers. 22.5ppg, 12.8rpg, 51%fg on 15 shots per game. But again it's china and inflated stats on a bad team. I'm sure a team will bring him on when China lets out.

I read that Crawford got some kind of infection and had to leave the team, he was putting up nice numbers and he might catch a spot over here or in the D league once his deal runs out.

http://basketball.asia-basket.com/team/ ... 369?Page=3

Speaking of put up stats on against weaker comp in China, look at Dray.

31 pts a game on 63% shooting, 37% from 3 on 80-215 attempts,14.6 rebounds, 77.7 from the line 309 attempts, 5 ast, 2 steals
over 38 games

That's also the team Crawford was on. Can you imagine Crawford and Dray over in China together. Had to be a hoot. Anyway, as I mentioned before, I read Crawford left the team. Not sure where he went or what he is doing.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Chi ... 4_4369.asp

James Singleton Sighting.

James Singleton (ex Xinjiang FT) is a newcomer at Canton Charge - Jan 30, 2015 in the NBA DL

http://www.usbasket.com/D-League/news/3 ... ton-Charge

http://stats.nbadleague.com/teamProfile ... 1612709893

http://stats.nbadleague.com/playerGameL ... PerPage=25

Looks like he played 4 games so far.

James Singleton Plays Tonight at 8PM if anyone is interested
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150207/CTNSXF/

Chris Singleton is supposed to be with the OKC team in the DL as of recently.

January 23, 2015 Updates
The Oklahoma City Blue has acquired NBA-veteran forward Chris Singleton off of waivers, the team announced today. NBA.com
http://oklahomacity.dleague.nba.com/new ... singleton/

Though I don't see him in the game box scores.
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150206/OKLBAK/

And I don't see his name on their rosters. Might take a long time to get here from China :wink:
closg00
RealGM

Post#1216 » by closg00 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:58 pm

hands11
Banned User

Post#1217 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:24 pm

hands11 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Meanwhile.

http://basketball.asia-basket.com/team/ ... 369?Page=3

Speaking of put up stats on against weaker comp in China, look at Dray.

31 pts a game on 63% shooting, 37% from 3 on 80-215 attempts,14.6 rebounds, 77.7 from the line 309 attempts, 5 ast, 2 steals
over 38 games

That's also the team Crawford was on. Can you imagine Crawford and Dray over in China together. Had to be a hoot. Anyway, as I mentioned before, I read Crawford left the team. Not sure where he went or what he is doing.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Chi ... 4_4369.asp

James Singleton Sighting.

James Singleton (ex Xinjiang FT) is a newcomer at Canton Charge - Jan 30, 2015 in the NBA DL

http://www.usbasket.com/D-League/news/3 ... ton-Charge

http://stats.nbadleague.com/teamProfile ... 1612709893

http://stats.nbadleague.com/playerGameL ... PerPage=25

Looks like he played 4 games so far.

James Singleton Plays Tonight at 8PM if anyone is interested
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150207/CTNSXF/

Chris Singleton is supposed to be with the OKC team in the DL as of recently.

January 23, 2015 Updates
The Oklahoma City Blue has acquired NBA-veteran forward Chris Singleton off of waivers, the team announced today. NBA.com
http://oklahomacity.dleague.nba.com/new ... singleton/

Though I don't see him in the game box scores.
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150206/OKLBAK/

And I don't see his name on their rosters. Might take a long time to get here from China :wink:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... n-In-China

Andray-Blatche-Seriously-Considering-Deal-To-Re-Sign-In-China

His 8,471,339 from Ted ends this year. Looks like he would rather make more money then play in the NBA which has has already done.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,112

Post#1218 » by J-Ves » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm

closg00 wrote:Note the entry on Ariza.
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/12/trade- ... -gallinari

I wouldn't mind getting Ariza back. Take a chance on him returning to his 3pt shooting form playing with Wall, while picking up one of the best wing defenders in the NBA.
Ariza + one of Houston's bigs
for
Pierce + Seraphin

As to summer of 16, even with Ariza on the books the Wiz will probably still have enough to give KD the max. Webster wont hit his magic number and Beal will probably be paid sub $10 million his first year(maybe well under). Plus the cap is likely to go way up.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#1219 » by gambitx777 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:52 am

J-Ves wrote:
closg00 wrote:Note the entry on Ariza.
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/12/trade- ... -gallinari

I wouldn't mind getting Ariza back. Take a chance on him returning to his 3pt shooting form playing with Wall, while picking up one of the best wing defenders in the NBA.
Ariza + one of Houston's bigs
for
Pierce + Seraphin

As to summer of 16, even with Ariza on the books the Wiz will probably still have enough to give KD the max. Webster wont hit his magic number and Beal will probably be paid sub $10 million his first year(maybe well under). Plus the cap is likely to go way up.

If we could dump webster I would not hate getting Ariza back, but we can't reacquire him the season we traded him.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1220 » by payitforward » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:59 pm

One thing to notice is that guys like Singleton, who aren't good enough to make the many millions of $ NBA teams pay, are still able to earn a ton of money playing basketball. If they are smart, and they have good people handling their affairs, every one of these guys will wind up a very rich individual by his mid-30s.

Dray seems to be very serious now about building his financial future. If I had to guess, I'd say the $$ he earned his first few seasons evaporated just as quickly as it came in. These days he seems to building a nice big bundle. Good for him.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....

Return to Washington Wizards