Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,111

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1141 » by J-Ves » Tue Nov 4, 2014 2:59 pm

hands11 wrote:
J-Ves wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:Ariza is going off in HOU. He just had another hyper efficient game shooting 8-13 overall and 6-9 from 3. He's already made 16 threes in just 4 games.

Houston got a real bargain there. Ariza makes a fraction of what Parsons and Iguodala make and he might be the best player of that trio.

In other news, JaVale McGee has 9 blocks in 43 minutes this season. In 286 minutes the entire Wizards frontcourt has...5. :oops:

And he is making $11,250,000 to come off the bench. But it looks like he put up some number in 14 minutes in a lose to SAC.

So what would be a good price for a player like McGee ?

Birdman is making 5M

Truth be told, I haven't seen a minute of McGee since he was traded other than the highlights and lowlights on ESPN/TNT. Looking at the advanced numbers he seems to be paid about what hes worth. Hes an efficient scorer, elite shot blocker, and very good rebounder. He also doesn't turn it over too much and he manages to do it with a moderately high usage rate, unlike Birdman who is always the 5th option when hes on the floor. But of course, the fact that McGee can't crack the starting lineup in Denver probably means his defense doesn't cut it as starting center which lowers his value alot.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1142 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:40 pm

I am sure Shaq is happy to see Javale back in action.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1143 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:18 pm

J-Ves wrote:
hands11 wrote:
J-Ves wrote:Houston got a real bargain there. Ariza makes a fraction of what Parsons and Iguodala make and he might be the best player of that trio.

In other news, JaVale McGee has 9 blocks in 43 minutes this season. In 286 minutes the entire Wizards frontcourt has...5. :oops:

And he is making $11,250,000 to come off the bench. But it looks like he put up some number in 14 minutes in a lose to SAC.

So what would be a good price for a player like McGee ?

Birdman is making 5M

Truth be told, I haven't seen a minute of McGee since he was traded other than the highlights and lowlights on ESPN/TNT. Looking at the advanced numbers he seems to be paid about what hes worth. Hes an efficient scorer, elite shot blocker, and very good rebounder. He also doesn't turn it over too much and he manages to do it with a moderately high usage rate, unlike Birdman who is always the 5th option when hes on the floor. But of course, the fact that McGee can't crack the starting lineup in Denver probably means his defense doesn't cut it as starting center which lowers his value alot.

Javale never played next to a big man like Nene or even a healthy Emeka Okafor. Javale would thrive next to another PF/C. He doesn't work particularly well with undersized PF Kenneth Faried. Javale didn't work well with Andray Blatche.

McGee compromises a team's defensive principles because he always goes for blocks. He needs to play alongside a big who will hold position inside. I think Javale would be really good with Nene.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1144 » by Dat2U » Tue Nov 4, 2014 7:58 pm

This is Javale's problem....http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20 ... medication

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22909147/just-being-javale

"I just didn't want to take [Ritalin]," McGee said. "I was young (when it was diagnosed); it was a long time ago. But, yeah, it's definitely fun having ADD. It's extremely fun. I'm not boring."

I read it maybe a year or so back and I'm glad we traded him. He doesn't care or really wants to be a successful basketball player, he'd rather be a happy-go-lucky type of guy. Good for him, but I no longer want any parts of him on my basketball team.
RealGM

Post#1145 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:09 pm

Compounding the problem of Javale being less focused is he has never been paired with a serious veteran.

You and most are glad he was traded. I wonder how much better Gortat is than McGee? Put McGee in Gortat's position next to Nene and Pierce. He's suddenly not so happy go lucky. He gets passes at the rim where he finishes well. He rebounds well. He runs the court extremely well. He blocks everything in sight. I have a hard time seeing him not taken seriously next to serious players.

ADD or IQ problems don't negate good genetics completely. Somewhere in there is a freakishly athletic dude who is physically capable of doing great things.

Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1146 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:19 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Compounding the problem of Javale being less focused is he has never been paired with a serious veteran.

Maybe he hasn't gotten to play with what you would consider to be a great front court player. Still, Faried is pretty good frontcourt player- he did start for Team USA over guys like Cousins. He had a good coach in George Karl and kept making really dumb mistakes. He has played with talented players like Ty Lawson and Iguodala. McGee's problem isn't that he hasn't shown flashes of great talent. It's that he's inconsistent. He misses defensive rotations. He doesn't know his limitations (like dribbling up on a fast break).
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1147 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:20 pm

Dat2U wrote:This is Javale's problem....http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20 ... medication

"I just didn't want to take [Ritalin]," McGee said. "I was young (when it was diagnosed); it was a long time ago. But, yeah, it's definitely fun having ADD. It's extremely fun. I'm not boring."

I read it maybe a year or so back and I'm glad we traded him. He doesn't care or really wants to be a successful basketball player, he'd rather be a happy-go-lucky type of guy. Good for him, but I no longer want any parts of him on my basketball team.

See if you can stay out of the penalty box longer than a day this time. No more Bulls board for you. If you go over and say hi that might be enough for another vacation.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#1148 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:39 pm

"I didn't know you had ADD," Kenneth Faried told McGee. "I knew something was wrong with you, but I didn't know it was that."

:lol:
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#1149 » by Dat2U » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:43 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Compounding the problem of Javale being less focused is he has never been paired with a serious veteran.

You and most are glad he was traded. I wonder how much better Gortat is than McGee. Put McGee in Gortat's position next to Nene and Pierce. He's suddenly not so happy go lucky. He gets passes at the rim where he finishes well. He rebounds well. He runs the court extremely well. He blocks everything in sight. I have a hard time seeing him not taken seriously next to serious players.

ADD or IQ problems don't negate good genetics completely. Somewhere in there is a freakishly athletic dude who is physically capable of doing great things.

The ADD problems do negate good genetics. It means he can't focus or concentrate on the task at hand. It means he floats mentally from play to play as we have seen. Ever wonder why he doesn't have a huge impact despite being a complete freak of nature with good touch around the rim? It's the ADD and his refusal to treat it.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#1150 » by Dat2U » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:51 pm

tontoz wrote:
Dat2U wrote:This is Javale's problem....http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20 ... medication

See if you can stay out of the penalty box longer than a day this time. No more Bulls board for you. If you go over and say hi that might be enough for another vacation.

If I get suspended again for something as simple as typing IBTL in a joke of thread that got deleted on the GB minutes later then that's probably a wrap for me here. Despite whatever Howard Mass said, it's laughable that we can let mods say anything, allow their own board members or buddies to say anything yet they can have an iron fist when it comes to enforcing certain rules with posters they are not familar with.

Imagine if I actually did something regrettable lol.

Again the only reason I deal with it is the core group of posters here.... everyone else can fly a kite into some electric wires.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1151 » by fishercob » Tue Nov 4, 2014 9:15 pm

Ariza picking up right where he left off -- and then some -- with the Rox.

He's absolutely lighting it up through 4 games. 64% of his shots have been for 3 and he's making 59% of them. TS% of .77, ORtg of 142 and WS/48 of .300. He's going to be just devastating with Howard and Harden.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#1152 » by Kanyewest » Wed Nov 5, 2014 12:07 am

fishercob wrote:Ariza picking up right where he left off -- and then some -- with the Rox.

He's absolutely lighting it up through 4 games. 64% of his shots have been for 3 and he's making 59% of them. TS% of .77, ORtg of 142 and WS/48 of .300. He's going to be just devastating with Howard and Harden.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bryan_mears/status/529653351580180481[/tweet]
RealGM

Post#1153 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 5, 2014 1:01 am

Dat2U wrote:

You and most are glad he was traded. I wonder how much better Gortat is than McGee. Put McGee in Gortat's position next to Nene and Pierce. He's suddenly not so happy go lucky. He gets passes at the rim where he finishes well. He rebounds well. He runs the court extremely well. He blocks everything in sight. I have a hard time seeing him not taken seriously next to serious players.

The ADD problems do negate good genetics. It means he can't focus or concentrate on the task at hand. It means he floats mentally from play to play as we have seen. Ever wonder why he doesn't have a huge impact despite being a complete freak of nature with good touch around the rim? It's the ADD and his refusal to treat it.

You misquoted me and totally changed the meaning of what I said.

In my opinion Javale would be outstanding next to Nene. He played well in playoff game against pre-injury Bynum. I don't hate McGee. You do IMO. Don't think he's a good player but I also don't think he's terrible.
Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#1154 » by doclinkin » Wed Nov 5, 2014 4:03 am

Dat2U wrote:
tontoz wrote:

If I get suspended again for something as simple as typing IBTL in a joke of thread that got deleted on the GB minutes later then that's probably a wrap for me here. Despite whatever Howard Mass said, it's laughable that we can let mods say anything, allow their own board members or buddies to say anything yet they can have an iron fist when it comes to enforcing certain rules with posters they are not familar with.

Again the only reason I deal with it is the core group of posters here.... everyone else can fly a kite into some electric wires.

And that was my point in the Howard Mass thread. HIs new rules primarily embolden already self-important and bloated would-be bullies to show off for their pals and collect syncophantic rear-end sniffing. And keep all boards parochial since people are nervous about crossing over even to say hello. All it does is stifle dialogue which OUGHT TO BE THE **** POINT of a message board. That you have some give and take with each other. What the actual hell. The only positive that limits Mod power is the idea that you can now have a singleboard ban, so the Bulls mods can temp ban you from posting on a the Bulls board instead of shutting you down on all boards because one assbag is swollen with a sense of power. And what is the BS that you can't criticize Mods anywhere ever? Or get sent to the Gulag? Vlad Putin will send death squads to make us disappear? You really want petty dictatorships instead of dialogue?

For years I had no idea who Mass was or any of the mods on any other board because who gives a rip? Like in business often the best management move is to put good people in place and not dick around with it. Now there's this activist moderation trend that's really distasteful. The point of a mostly anonymous message board is free speech, so long as you are providing interesting content, even if it is disagreeable to those who read it. Squelching that conversation is counterproductive. That's why I was always a champion of folks like SD20 and all, because they would get people talking. Villains provide drama, otherwise we just have poorly edited screeds full of self-congratulation about how right a poster was the one time they were actually right. And people getting on each others nerves over minor points of disagreement. Give me some major points to argue. Give me disagreement and fervor.

It's stupid. The only thing the new rules lead to is people being too nervous to cross over into another board at all. And to become timid in posting a strongly felt opinion. I had a feeling that shxt would happen when Mass horned in to the the thread on that topic. Its a dumb move. Counter productive, and will only eventually serve to make the boards boring if that trend keeps up. Cross pollination is good.

Hmmn, sorry to derail the thread. Um, yeah: Trevor Ariza is good, and even better under a system that only lets him do what he is already good at: shoot threes and hit close baskets. A perfect fit. On the plus side: Garret Temple is this year's Martell Webster, as Ariza was last year's. The John Wall effect is real. You will get open shots, just keep your hands up. And there are good quotes from Temp talking about the David Adkins effect as well, nitpicking on the small things that pay big dividends to fix your form. Lets hear it for actual player development!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1155 » by montestewart » Wed Nov 5, 2014 4:33 am

doclinkin wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
tontoz wrote:

And that was my point in the Howard Mass thread. HIs new rules primarily embolden already self-important and bloated would-be bullies to show off for their pals and collect syncophantic rear-end sniffing. And keep all boards parochial since people are nervous about crossing over even to say hello. All it does is stifle dialogue which OUGHT TO BE THE **** POINT of a message board. That you have some give and take with each other. What the actual hell. The only positive that limits Mod power is the idea that you can now have a singleboard ban, so the Bulls mods can temp ban you from posting on a the Bulls board instead of shutting you down on all boards because one assbag is swollen with a sense of power. And what is the BS that you can't criticize Mods anywhere ever? Or get sent to the Gulag? Vlad Putin will send death squads to make us disappear? You really want petty dictatorships instead of dialogue?

For years I had no idea who Mass was or any of the mods on any other board because who gives a rip? Like in business often the best management move is to put good people in place and not dick around with it. Now there's this activist moderation trend that's really distasteful. The point of a mostly anonymous message board is free speech, so long as you are providing interesting content, even if it is disagreeable to those who read it. Squelching that conversation is counterproductive. That's why I was always a champion of folks like SD20 and all, because they would get people talking. Villains provide drama, otherwise we just have poorly edited screeds full of self-congratulation about how right a poster was the one time they were actually right. And people getting on each others nerves over minor points of disagreement. Give me some major points to argue. Give me disagreement and fervor.

It's stupid. The only thing the new rules lead to is people being too nervous to cross over into another board at all. And to become timid in posting a strongly felt opinion. I had a feeling that shxt would happen when Mass horned in to the the thread on that topic. Its a dumb move. Counter productive, and will only eventually serve to make the boards boring if that trend keeps up. Cross pollination is good.

Hmmn, sorry to derail the thread. Um, yeah: Trevor Ariza is good, and even better under a system that only lets him do what he is already good at: shoot threes and hit close baskets. A perfect fit. On the plus side: Garret Temple is this year's Martell Webster, as Ariza was last year's. The John Wall effect is real. You will get open shots, just keep your hands up. And there are good quotes from Temp talking about the David Adkins effect as well, nitpicking on the small things that pay big dividends to fix your form. Lets hear it for actual player development!

RealGM

Post#1156 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 5, 2014 5:20 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2251 ... on-rockets

Trevor Ariza Proving to Be Right Fit at Right Time for Houston Rockets

Take a look at how Parsons' and Ariza's numbers stack up this year:

Code: Select all

G   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P  3PA 3P%  FTA  FT% TRB AST STL PTS
1 Trevor Ariza     4 33.0 6.0 10.5 .571 4.0 6.8 .593 1.5 .833 5.5 2.8 1.5 17.3
2 Chandler Parsons 4 33.0 6.8 13.5 .500 2.0 4.5 .444 3.8 .867 4.5 2.0 1.0 18.8

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table

As expected, Ariza's presence can also be strongly felt on the defensive end, where he really starts to separate himself from Parsons. The Rockets allowed teams to score 104 points per 100 possessions when Parsons was on the floor last year, the equivalent of a top-14 defense, according to NBA.com (subscription required). With Ariza in the game, they're giving up just 92.7 points per 100 possessions. Consider that the league's best defense in 2013-14, the Indiana Pacers, relinquished 96.7.
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#1157 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:01 pm

As Glen Consor has said, he struggles with concepts. I guess this explains that
there is a medical reason for it. As for refusing the generally accepted treatment,
that would seem more debatable if he had tried it and had problems. Maybe he did. IDK.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#1158 » by Dat2U » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:42 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2251131-trevor-ariza-proving-to-be-right-fit-at-right-time-for-houston-rockets

As expected, Ariza's presence can also be strongly felt on the defensive end, where he really starts to separate himself from Parsons. The Rockets allowed teams to score 104 points per 100 possessions when Parsons was on the floor last year, the equivalent of a top-14 defense, according to NBA.com (subscription required). With Ariza in the game, they're giving up just 92.7 points per 100 possessions. Consider that the league's best defense in 2013-14, the Indiana Pacers, relinquished 96.7.

That's not all Ariza though. You gotta give Harden credit, he's making a much better effort defensively. Howard too, looks healthier & more spry than he has since his back surgery a few years back.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1159 » by dlts20 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ea-XLABbsg[/youtube]
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1160 » by dlts20 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:42 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2251131-trevor-ariza-proving-to-be-right-fit-at-right-time-for-houston-rockets

That's not all Ariza though. You gotta give Harden credit, he's making a much better effort defensively. Howard too, looks healthier & more spry than he has since his back surgery a few years back.

on the flip side though i think TA really does inspire Harden to play better D

Return to Washington Wizards