Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1061 » by TGW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:08 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I wish I could explain why I am generally right when I take an unpopular point of view. To me it should have been obvious why Vesely regressed with Washington.

You are often right about your late round picks, but I don't think you have much of a track record of being right all that often with respect to underappreciated bench-riding NBA players. Basically, whenever you are wrong about a guy like Morris Almond, Solomon Jones or Nick Fazekas, you fervently assert that the only problem is his lack of playing time. With that as your defense, you can never truly be proven wrong.

I'll eat a feast of crow if I am proven wrong about Vesely. But for now, I'll confidently predict that Vesely will never be anything more than a 11th man type. He may occasionally have a few games where he posts 8 points, 11 boards and 3 steals, but those will come after 5 games in a row of 0 points, 2 rebounds and 4 fouls.

CCJ seems to forget the Michael Sweetney fiasco.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#1062 » by Upper Decker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm

TGW wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I wish I could explain why I am generally right when I take an unpopular point of view. To me it should have been obvious why Vesely regressed with Washington.

You are often right about your late round picks, but I don't think you have much of a track record of being right all that often with respect to underappreciated bench-riding NBA players. Basically, whenever you are wrong about a guy like Morris Almond, Solomon Jones or Nick Fazekas, you fervently assert that the only problem is his lack of playing time. With that as your defense, you can never truly be proven wrong.

I'll eat a feast of crow if I am proven wrong about Vesely. But for now, I'll confidently predict that Vesely will never be anything more than a 11th man type. He may occasionally have a few games where he posts 8 points, 11 boards and 3 steals, but those will come after 5 games in a row of 0 points, 2 rebounds and 4 fouls.

Richard Hendrix?
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,287

Post#1063 » by AFM » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:05 pm

keynote wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10296727/javaris-crittenton-caught-drug-probe-awaiting-murder-trial

Crittenton is in deeper doo doo

Indeed.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/21/javaris-c ... um=twitter

Disgraced NBA player Javaris Crittenton was part of a MASSIVE drug ring -- that was hoping to move 400 KILOS of cocaine and 10 POUNDS of weed ... this according to legal docs obtained by TMZ Sports.

400 kilos!?

400 kilos? Isn't that like 4 mil?
Monte, how much is a kilo these days?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,716

Post#1064 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:23 pm

About 2.2 lbs. street weight, according to my CI, Huggy Bear.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#1065 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Upper Decker wrote:
TGW wrote:
nate33 wrote:You are often right about your late round picks, but I don't think you have much of a track record of being right all that often with respect to underappreciated bench-riding NBA players. Basically, whenever you are wrong about a guy like Morris Almond, Solomon Jones or Nick Fazekas, you fervently assert that the only problem is his lack of playing time. With that as your defense, you can never truly be proven wrong.

Richard Hendrix?

Morris Almond?

If you have to keep these name at the forefront of your minds, it lets me know how much you want me to be wrong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,287

Post#1066 » by AFM » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:40 pm

montestewart wrote:About 2.2 lbs. street weight, according to my CI, Huggy Bear.

Well, that's at sea level
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,679

Post#1067 » by nate33 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Upper Decker wrote:
TGW wrote:

Richard Hendrix?

Morris Almond?

If you have to keep these name at the forefront of your minds, it lets me know how much you want me to be wrong.

Okay. Let's try this another way.

Name for me a few guys who sucked early in their career, drew hate from fans, but you supported the player and ultimately turned out to be right. (I'm not talking about draft projections. I already mentioned that you are quite good at finding late round gems.)
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Post#1068 » by TGW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Upper Decker wrote:
TGW wrote:

Richard Hendrix?

Morris Almond?

It's only on our minds because you talk about them in every other post you write. :D
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,364

Post#1069 » by Kanyewest » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Nick Young and Gilbert Arenas have a shooting contest on a Fisher Price hoop.

http://instagram.com/p/k81oUvuGP4#
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#1070 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 pm

nate33 wrote:
Upper Decker wrote:Richard Hendrix?

Morris Almond?

Name for me a few guys who sucked early in their career, drew hate from fans, but you supported the player and ultimately turned out to be right. (I'm not talking about draft projections. I already mentioned that you are quite good at finding late round gems.)

The few times a player starts out very poorly there is usually an injury involved. Instead of looking to defend past predictions, I prefer to be forward thinking.

The Lakers picked up two players, Bazemore and Brooks, who many have written off. Either or both can become better than average players IMO.

The Orlando Magic have two or three players who could be all stars some day. Moe Harkless is as young as Brad Beal and IMO perhaps as talented. Tobias Harris is just 21, and is a volume scorer. People know Vucevic is a great rebounder, but Kyle O'Quinn is a very solid all around PF. He rebounds, passes, defends and is still very young. O'Quinn is one player the Wizards need to consider in free agency. Finally, Nicholson can score.

The player who has the most upside IMO is Harkless, because I think he can be a good two way player. However, he might not get any better playing for Orlando.

Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,573

Post#1071 » by closg00 » Sat Mar 8, 2014 2:40 am

Caught a bit of Andray Blatche tonight, he looks like has gotten his body-fat down finally.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1072 » by closg00 » Sat Mar 8, 2014 2:44 am

Mustafa Shakur Named D-League Player Of The Month For February

Didn't know he was back at the D
closg00
RealGM

Post#1073 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 pm

closg00 wrote:
Mustafa Shakur Named D-League Player Of The Month For February

Didn't know he was back at the D

...and now he has a 10-day with OKC, he has to have improved since he had a little run here.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,389

Post#1074 » by dobrojim » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm

closg00 wrote:Caught a bit of Andray Blatche tonight, he looks like has gotten his body-fat down finally.

still has not learned that as a 6-11 player, he should stop trying to prove how skilled he is
(unless he is Durant and he's not) and play like a freakin big man. Stop dribbling behind your
back. If I was JKidd, I'd tell him I'll bench him every time he does that.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1075 » by hands11 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:53 pm

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1076 » by fishercob » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Nick Young may be a wonderful human being. He is a steaming turd of a basketball player. I'm so glad he's gone.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iltb2YSfQ_I&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,364

Post#1077 » by Kanyewest » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Young went 5 for 6 from 3 point range (and he had 4 rebounds!) in 20 minutes. That was his only miss. He's still a decent backup- he's posting a PER higher than both Beal and Webster. Too bad he doesn't know how to pass.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#1078 » by sashae » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:33 pm

I could watch this on repeat forever. I can't imagine the clowning Gil gave Nick after this.

ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1079 » by hands11 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:55 pm

sashae wrote:I could watch this on repeat forever. I can't imagine the clowning Gil gave Nick after this.

Oh Nick.. Come on man. Really. Trying to be Gil. Just be the Swaggy P that you are. Trying to emulate a classic Gil play is just sad bro. Gil could do that because it was natural for him to do that. You can't fake it like that. If you do.. You get video clipped like you just did.

Anyway.

Mack and Martin ATL .. front row seats tonight.
Ves DEN.. is going to get minutes down the stretch from what I hear.
Pierre McGee DEN.. also on Denver but out for the year.
Swaggy P LAL... is back for LAL I think but they don't play tonight
Dray BRK..has the night off for BRK
Collins BRK.. is on the nets
Livingston BRK .. also on net. Damn. They have 3 XWiz. Dray, Livingston and Collins
Pargo CHA.. is on the Cats. We might see him or not.
Price is on MIN. March 9 cleared to play for the first time since his March 9 appendectomy
Ronny Turiaf MIN
Big Balls Crawford GS... i
Roger Mason Jr. SAC.. traded from MIA then waved.
Rashard Lewis MIA ..getting those rings

Maynor collecting that money. 2M baby. But we aren't paying it.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,474

Post#1080 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:42 am

nate33 wrote:
Upper Decker wrote:Richard Hendrix?

Morris Almond?

I had James Johnson and Steve Blake in this category.
Kyle Lowry too, though his drop off wasn't miserable, he was always steady, and his defense was always good.
Rajon Rondo counts I suppose.
Enes Kanter doesn't really count since I thought I probably liked him, but nobody had actually seen him play much. I just liked his Euro match-up vs Valanciunas in U18 competition. Liked them both actually.

Return to Washington Wizards