Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1121 » by montestewart » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:49 am

closg00 wrote:http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/10/07/iggy-azalea-rolling-with-iggy-azalea-thumb-surgery

Stephen Collins played for the Wizards?
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1122 » by dlts20 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:44 am

I saw some Wiz fans earlier in the Preseason say that TA hasnt been playign that well for the Rox but every box score I had seen up until that point had him playing well and the Rox fans loved him. Thought he fit better than Parsons and was night & day compared to how he was last time he was there. He's playing great for them tongiht in the opener so far.

Im still a big TA fan. People always make those threads on the gen board about picking your 5 teams for league pass and Houston is always my 5th or 6th choice partly due to him. I still think we will be better off with Pierce & Otto both short and long term but TA was great and Ill still root for him
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1123 » by hands11 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:49 am

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578309

Tough Juice pulls out a monster game.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1124 » by montestewart » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:08 pm

hands11
Banned User

Post#1125 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:53 pm

montestewart wrote:A.J. Price waived. Where to now?

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 6339411968

But but.. we should have kept him. EG was an idiot for letting him go.

Feel sorry for the dude. He is a nice guy. Great bench cheer leader and good locker room 15th piece.

Cleveland signed Will Cherry instead.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1126 » by montestewart » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:23 pm

hands11 wrote:

Really, what do Wiz board posters know? EG sure showed them who's smart by signing Maynor to the BAE and only having to give up a 2015 mid-2nd rounder to get rid of him after 23 games.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,549

Post#1127 » by closg00 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 12:40 am

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Really, what do Wiz board posters know? EG sure showed them who's smart by signing Maynor to the BAE and only having to give up a 2015 mid-2nd rounder to get rid of him after 23 games.

...and he showed is scouting and drafting genius by jumping on Jan Vesely. Grunfeld apologist just don't know when it's best to keep quiet.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,060

Post#1128 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 2, 2014 1:10 am

I would welcome him back in Rasual BuLTer's spot.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1129 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 2, 2014 3:05 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

He's a scrappy defender, and he developed a pretty good 3 point shot while he was here. What happened? He barely got any court time last year with the Wolves.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1130 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 3, 2014 1:39 am

Was looking at A.J. Price's preseason numbers. In about 13 mpg, he was hitting 19.6 points per 36, with a TS% of .589. His +/- numbers didn't look great, but neither did any other Cavs bench players. Based on reports, it looks like Price may have been caught in a numbers game, with the Cavs possibly electing to keep one spot open for Ray Allen and another for if they need front court help. (Inevitable Love or Verajao injury?)

Based on that preseason and as injuries arise, Price may yet land on with some team that needs shooting off the bench and/or another PG. Wizards obviously do not need either.

I guess Jamison is retired. He's apparently trying to get into broadcast analysis. Sounds like he would have preferred playing another year.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... -sportsnet
hands11
Banned User

Post#1131 » by hands11 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:06 am

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

And then went on to the 2nd round of the playoffs with the roster they had beating a CHI team that very few projected them to beat.

Mont. We know EG makes mistakes. Just saying crying over letting Price go wasn't one of them. Personally, I was in favor of letting him go.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#1132 » by tontoz » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:10 am

When Beal and Webster get back i hope they look to dump Butler and add a pg. I would be fine with Price.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User

Post#1133 » by hands11 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:10 am

I would give R Butler a chance first.

He is a Non G so I'm no sweating it.

We will have to see if Professor can get it going. I suspect he is working himself into shape. Miller is known for not training very much during the summer and allowing his body to naturally gain weight and naturally lose it as the season picks up. Dude has been a mode of staying healthy so hard to argue against what works for him.

Plus he has new players and we are missing 2 of our better 3 point shooters.

Its still early. I want to see what they really have and if Randy figures out how to adjust the rotations before moving pieces.

RB is a 6-7 vet SG/SF that should be able to step in and provide some three point shooting. If he ends up not needed and we need something else more, we can make that move.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1134 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:15 am

hands11 wrote:
montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

And then went on to the 2nd round of the playoffs with the roster they had beating a CHI team that very few projected them to beat.

Mont. We know EG makes mistakes. Just saying crying over letting Price go wasn't one of them. Personally, I was in favor of letting him go.

Price had a pretty good year here, and could likely have been resigned to a vet minimum deal, but there wasn't a huge groundswell in opposition to Price not being resigned, because it was the best year he'd ever had, and maybe that was his peak. Not many people are crying about the decision now, but it was what followed, signing Maynor, that magnified such a relatively minor roster move.

I usually don't look at Price or similar 10th to 15th man moves as likely making or breaking much of anything, but I try to use them as a window on the overall thinking of the team. After a while, enough questionable moves can make me wonder how well they're doing on the big moves that really matter. If they make the ECF this year, I'll probably chill on this a little bit.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1135 » by hands11 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:33 am

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:
montestewart wrote:Really, what do Wiz board posters know? EG sure showed them who's smart by signing Maynor to the BAE and only having to give up a 2015 mid-2nd rounder to get rid of him after 23 games.

Price had a pretty good year here, and could likely have been resigned to a vet minimum deal, but there wasn't a huge groundswell in opposition to Price not being resigned, because it was the best year he'd ever had, and maybe that was his peak. Not many people are crying about the decision now, but it was what followed, signing Maynor, that magnified such a relatively minor roster move.

I usually don't look at Price or similar 10th to 15th man moves as likely making or breaking much of anything, but I try to use them as a window on the overall thinking of the team. After a while, enough questionable moves can make me wonder how well they're doing on the big moves that really matter. If they make the ECF this year, I'll probably chill on this a little bit.

Well people complained big time about the bigger moves as well. Pretty much anything EG does is viewed as bad.

While there were other ways to do it, TA/Okafor for Lewis worked out well. They helped the team a ton. People hated both players here and then later loved them both.

Then Okafor and a first for Gortat worked well and seems to be still working well since they resigned him.

And Gil for Lewis was a total steal.

The place to complain most is the 2011 draft. That was a real nice deep draft. Ending up with nothing out of that draft is total suck. 2010, getting Booker at 23 was pretty good. He would have been a better player for us if he stayed healthy just a little. KS one pick before Blodsoe is a bust though. But my memory was that people were fine with KS since SAS was so high on him. They though EG was smart for moving up to steal him before SAS picked 3 picks later. Me, I was a Blodsoe fan. Would have loved to see KU united in DC. When I went to scout Wall, I found Blodsoe and was a fan from the first game I saw him. But teams don't usually draft that way spending a #1 on a franchise PG and then a 17 on a undersized SG/PG
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1136 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:47 am

hands11 wrote:
montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Well people complained big time about the bigger moves as well. Pretty much anything EG does is viewed as bad.

While there were other ways to do it, TA/Okafor for Lewis worked out well. They helped the team a ton. People hated both players here and then later loved them both.

Then Okafor and a first for Gortat worked well and seems to be still working well since they resigned him.

And Gil for Lewis was a total steal.

The place to complain most is the 2011 draft. That was a real nice deep draft. Ending up with nothing out of that draft is total suck. 2010, getting Booker at 23 was pretty good. He would have been a better player for us if he stayed healthy just a little. KS one pick before Blodsoe is a bust though. But my memory was that people were fine with KS since SAS was so high on him. They though EG was smart for moving up to steal him before SAS picked 3 picks later. Me, I was a Blodsoe fan. Would have loved to see KU united in DC. When I went to scout Wall, I found Blodsoe and was a fan from the first game I saw him. But teams don't usually draft that way spending a #1 on a franchise PG and then a 17 on a undersized SG/PG

KS has sucked, but I don't mind that pick. They can't all work out and that seemed like one that was a pretty reasonable chance. Other than Booker (if you want to call him a big) there wasn't a big picked after Seraphin that has panned out, so that was a reasonable job of trying to get some muscle up front.

Most people didn't mind Okafor and Ariza as players. Both names came up in hypothetical scenarios on the trade board, and both were known as quality defensive players. It was more the direction with regard to using up the cap space and plugging veterans into a not ready for prime time team. The Nene acquisition fits in here as well.

The Wizards looked pretty good making it to the second round, but the salaries of Nene, Ariza, Okafor, and Gortat necessarily hindered alternate moves. You can't really prove that significantly better moves would have materialized, but you can't really disprove it either. Gortat seems fine for now, and Nene looks good so far. I'm still concerned about where the future bigs will come from. And where the future PG depth will come from.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1137 » by hands11 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:10 am

^^^

Well no one know we would get Gortat. That kind of came out of no where. I thought it was cool we got him since I had wanted him before. I thought it would have been even cooler if Okafor got healthy and we picked him up for nothing. But he hasn't seemed to heal up this time. Maybe he is done. I feel sorry for that dude. Back stuff sucks. Both my brothers suffer from it and I throw mine out once in a while. Twice it happened recently. It sucks. Look at Nash.

But I wonder the same about the future bigs. Who wouldn't ? That said, Nene is looking really good this year. And so is Gortat. Neither is what I would call old for a big. 30 and 32 though I would like one young leaper like at least Khem.

Gortat should be motoring for at least another 3 years so we look solid there. Dude has low miles and stays in great shape.

I still say there is a good chance Boogie would walk on in 2018/19 so long term, I think that is the safely net. We might have to dump Gortat a year early if they get that lined up behind the scenes. Maybe that is why I don't worry about replacement center after Gortat to much.

Boogie vs LAC
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578331

The big question is KD. Is he is SF ? or is he going to be a PF in two years ? What happens after Nene ? 13M is his last year next year. Then its KDs FA year in 2016.

We will see. For now, its about this year. Looks like there are options down the road.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#1138 » by GhostsOfGil » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:09 am

Ariza is going off in HOU. He just had another hyper efficient game shooting 8-13 overall and 6-9 from 3. He's already made 16 threes in just 4 games.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,119

Post#1139 » by J-Ves » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:52 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:Ariza is going off in HOU. He just had another hyper efficient game shooting 8-13 overall and 6-9 from 3. He's already made 16 threes in just 4 games.

Houston got a real bargain there. Ariza makes a fraction of what Parsons and Iguodala make and he might be the best player of that trio.

In other news, JaVale McGee has 9 blocks in 43 minutes this season. In 286 minutes the entire Wizards frontcourt has...5. :oops:
hands11
Banned User

Post#1140 » by hands11 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:55 am

J-Ves wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:Ariza is going off in HOU. He just had another hyper efficient game shooting 8-13 overall and 6-9 from 3. He's already made 16 threes in just 4 games.

Houston got a real bargain there. Ariza makes a fraction of what Parsons and Iguodala make and he might be the best player of that trio.

In other news, JaVale McGee has 9 blocks in 43 minutes this season. In 286 minutes the entire Wizards frontcourt has...5. :oops:

And he is making $11,250,000 to come off the bench. But it looks like he put up some number in 14 minutes in a lose to SAC.

So what would be a good price for a player like McGee ?

Birdman is making 5M

Return to Washington Wizards