Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1261 » by montestewart » Thu Oct 8, 2015 2:02 am

Not sure this is really tracking former Wizards (one's in China, the other's in jail). Maybe this is embellished hindsight, but if true, Arenas was closer to getting shot than I had ever heard.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/239443/Gilbert-Arenas-Javaris-Crittenton-Dispute-Was-Over-$1100
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#1262 » by closg00 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 2:44 am

Kevin scored 14 points tonight.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1264 » by Dat2U » Fri Oct 9, 2015 4:05 pm

That Vesely floater is ugly. I don't think that translates to real NBA games and it's certainly not a passable go-to move for a 6-11 big. I don't see how he rebounds well enough to be a passable backup C either. His skills are still remedial and he's still an NBA tweener.
BB13
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#1265 » by BB13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:50 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhrQ5hnh8I[/youtube]
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1266 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:04 pm

nate33 wrote:Vesely appears to be playing center. He has definitely filled out quite a bit. I argued throughout the Vesely era that he lacked the skills to be either a SF or PF, but if he ever could put on the necessary bulk to play center, he might have a future. He never embraced that role here.

I wonder how strict they are overseas with steroids. Maybe Vesely took some.

You were right and I was on the wrong side of the argument.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1267 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Dat2U wrote:That Vesely floater is ugly. I don't think that translates to real NBA games and it's certainly not a passable go-to move for a 6-11 big. I don't see how he rebounds well enough to be a passable backup C either. His skills are still remedial and he's still an NBA tweener.

Dat, here's where I trust you and your expertise from observing how often you're right about what translates.

My view is Vesely is an energetic player, not a skill set kind of player. I would put him on the court anywhere from SF to PF to C. He just needs highly skilled guys nearby. Jan can be very effective.

He can run the court and cherry pick. Vesley has a decent jump shot and he's a very good dunker. He's useful.
Bye bye Beal.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#1268 » by Hidden Eye » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:03 am

Wizards should get Sato and Vesely next year.. that 2 for one deal sounds good.
RealGM

Post#1269 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Hidden Eye wrote:Wizards should get Sato and Vesely next year.. that 2 for one deal sounds good.

Rightly said.
Bye bye Beal.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1270 » by keynote » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:26 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/654826947659231232[/tweet]
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
RealGM

Post#1271 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:20 am

keynote wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/654826947659231232[/tweet]

Tracy Murray was a terrific shooter.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#1272 » by AFM » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:48 am

nate33 wrote:Vesely appears to be playing center. He has definitely filled out quite a bit. I argued throughout the Vesely era that he lacked the skills to be either a SF or PF, but if he ever could put on the necessary bulk to play center, he might have a future. He never embraced that role here.

I wonder how strict they are overseas with steroids. Maybe Vesely took some.

They aren't strict.
First of all, I hate to be that guy, but most of the NBA is on gear. Just...they are.
But steroids aren't even illegal in most countries outside of the US. I mean, I'm sure they're banned in professional basketball, but they're incredibly easy to get, and have a different stigma in other countries. (they're legal in britain IIRC)
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1273 » by fishercob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Paging CCJ

A fight and shooting near a downtown restaurant led to one man's arrest and the seizure of half a pound of marijuana, nearly $6,000 and a possibly stolen gun.

Glen Rice, Jr. is recovering from a gunshot wound to the leg after he was reportedly involved in a fight with four or five other people in the "upscale, southern" restaurant in Downtown Atlanta on Sunday.

"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1274 » by fishercob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Paging CCJ

A fight and shooting near a downtown restaurant led to one man's arrest and the seizure of half a pound of marijuana, nearly $6,000 and a possibly stolen gun.

Glen Rice, Jr. is recovering from a gunshot wound to the leg after he was reportedly involved in a fight with four or five other people in the "upscale, southern" restaurant in Downtown Atlanta on Sunday.

:nonono:
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
RealGM

Post#1275 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:28 am

fishercob wrote:Paging CCJ

Oops, gotta recharge the battery on my pager, fish. :(

(See the other Glen Rice threads.) #Notsurprisedatthisnews

:nonono:
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#1276 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Mrs. EFJ and all of their Wiz/Sixers millions, will be a cast member on The Real Housewives of Potomac. Juan Dixon's ex will be showing off his money too.
http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-potomac/season-1/videos/introducing-the-real-housewives-of-potomac
RealGM

Post#1277 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:31 pm

closg00 wrote:Mrs. EFJ and all of their Wiz/Sixers millions, will be a cast member on The Real Housewives of Potomac. Juan Dixon's ex will be showing off his money too.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-potomac/season-1/videos/introducing-the-real-housewives-of-potomac

All I have to say is those women have what MEN worked for. Their jewelry, hair, makeup, extravagant lifestyles and entrance to "Potomac" was made possible by the sweat and time and effort and God-given abilities of the MEN who enabled them.

The trap doesn't work unless the bear goes after the honey pot.

Now for the ones who are decent, good women on that show and in real life, God Bless and Keep You. I'm not accusing all or maybe most.

They are not all gold diggers.
Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1278 » by payitforward » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
closg00 wrote:Mrs. EFJ and all of their Wiz/Sixers millions, will be a cast member on The Real Housewives of Potomac. Juan Dixon's ex will be showing off his money too.

All I have to say is those women have what MEN worked for. Their jewelry, hair, makeup, extravagant lifestyles and entrance to "Potomac" was made possible by the sweat and time and effort and God-given abilities of the MEN who enabled them.

Now for the ones who are decent, good women on that show and in real life, God Bless and Keep You. I'm not accusing all or maybe most.

WTF, CCJ? You are saying that Mrs. EFF and Dixon's ex are gold diggers? Which you have what reason to believe? And, although "not all (are) gold diggers" it's only a "maybe" that you are "not accusing... most"?

Maybe the success of some of those men "was made possible" by the support of their wives? Oh, and maybe they are not all "decent, good" men?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1279 » by payitforward » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Do you think, as well, that there just might be some MEN in Potomac who owe their "extravagant lifestyles" to their *wives* success?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
RealGM

Post#1280 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:57 pm

payitforward wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

WTF, CCJ? You are saying that Mrs. EFF and Dixon's ex are gold diggers? Which you have what reason to believe? And, although "not all (are) gold diggers" it's only a "maybe" that you are "not accusing... most"?

Maybe the success of some of those men "was made possible" by the support of their wives? Oh, and maybe they are not all "decent, good" men?

Now, in the words of a few presidents, "Let me make this perfectly clear. I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she ain't messing wit no broke d broke. Go head girl, go on get down!"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY[/youtube]

:D

pif, you know, my ex-wife happens to be living in this big, spacious , house in Georgia. I'm struggling, broker than broke, dude. I MIGHT be just a wee bit biased. :)
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards