Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Pistons fans opinions on the Wiz 

Post#1 » by Wizardspride » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Read the entire thread. It's only two pages. : :D

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=937551
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: Pistons fans opinions on the Wiz 

Post#2 » by no D in Hibachi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:00 pm

They are entitled to their opinions, which I think are wrong. However, one thing that really sticks out to me regarding a large population of Pistons fans is that they think that Butler isn't a well rounded player. That's complete bunk! They say, 'oh well Butlers good, but since Prince is more well rounded he's the better player,' which is completely insane. Over the last two years the only players to average 20ppg 6rpg 4apg and 1.5spg are lebron and caron. Carons worst season in Washington is better than Princes best season of his career. There's really no comparison and a majority of them think Prince is better!! Also, Prince is hopelessly lost when trying to guard the better SF's in the game (Lebron and Pierce) where as Butler does at least an adequate job against them. I don't even consider Detroit to be a legit playoff team, let alone the 4th team in the conference.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#3 » by RTM » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:58 pm

I figured a link to that thread would end up here.

My perspective as a Detroit fan:

The Wiz are talented, and they have a great regular season coach in Flip. I won't be shocked if they finish better than the Pistons in the regular season - barring major injuries, I expect it. Individually, they have better talent at PG (Arenas, if healthy, is much better than Stuckey), SF (Caron is better than Tay) and C (Haywood/McGee are better than Kwame/Wilcox). You can debate that the Pistons are stronger at SG (Rip/Gordon are more productive than Miller/Foye/Young) and the same at PF (CV and Jamison are nearly identical per 36, and Maxiell as just as good as Blatche right now). Regardless, health is a big if, as the Wizards have shown no sign of being able to put together a healthy season in years (Arenas being the most important factor).

As noted in the above thread, Flip is great at lip service, but don't fall for it. For starters, saying this is the best team he has ever coached is really not true (lest you forget the back-to-back finalist Pistons he inherited). He's a coach to talk a good game plan, and in the regular season, he really delivers. Flip's fatal flaw is making adjustments once in a 7 game series. Year after year, the Pistons would come into a series with a pretty good game plan, but as the other team made adjustments, Flip seemed baffled, and our offense and defense really bogged down. If the Wizards are healthy, I expect them to be a 4-6 seed. But unless your team veterans step in when Flip falters, I don't expect much more than that. If the Wiz have another rash of injuries, this is going to be a big, expensive mess.

All that being said, I think the Pistons can be just as good. But there are more "ifs" surrounding us right now, so I can't say anything definitive. I'm willing to bet we finish behind the Wiz, assuming health.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#4 » by DaRealHibachi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 pm

RTM wrote:As noted in the above thread, Flip is great at lip service, but don't fall for it. For starters, saying this is the best team he has ever coached is really not true (lest you forget the back-to-back finalist Pistons he inherited). He's a coach to talk a good game plan, and in the regular season, he really delivers. Flip's fatal flaw is making adjustments once in a 7 game series. Year after year, the Pistons would come into a series with a pretty good game plan, but as the other team made adjustments, Flip seemed baffled, and our offense and defense really bogged down. If the Wizards are healthy, I expect them to be a 4-6 seed. But unless your team veterans step in when Flip falters, I don't expect much more than that. If the Wiz have another rash of injuries, this is going to be a big, expensive mess.

Maybe the others teams were just better...

Miami had Wade and Shaq and went on to win it all...
Boston had KG, Pierce and Allen and went on to win it all...

CLE was the one team you were outcoached by, but they have that one certain dude you know...
:beer: Magnumt
RTM
RealGM

Post#5 » by RTM » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:18 pm

A team should never be out coached by Mike Brown... He's terrible! He beat us by running the same LeIsolation play and having every one else stand around and shoot 3s.

It was disgusting how Flip couldn't wrap his head around it.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#6 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:22 pm

They are running the guard spots with a bunch of shooting guards and none of them who are fantastic scorers to begin with. Ben Gordon is a nice player but he's going to have a tough time working without a combo guard like Hinrich or a pass first PG like Rose.

I don't understand peoples fascination with Rodney Stuckey. He wasn't all that great last year. We are so much better at every position besides SG than them.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:22 pm

RTM wrote:A team should never be out coached by Mike Brown... He's terrible! He beat us by running the same LeIsolation play and having every one else stand around and shoot 3s.

A coach can only do so much with a bunch of quitters like Sheed.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#8 » by DaRealHibachi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 pm

RTM wrote:A team should never be out coached by Mike Brown... He's terrible! He beat us by running the same LeIsolation play and having every one else stand around and shoot 3s.

True, I should'nt have used the word outcoached... You guys were totally outplayed...

SVG let the isolation happen last year, and they still won the series... Is it really the coach that screwed up or the players...???

Also, you can't just gameplan or force things to happen against players like James...

Good players take what the defense gives them, elite players take whatever they want...
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by yungal07 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:33 pm

I expect us to be at least 10 games better than the Pistons next season. On paper, they look terrible. Their two best scorers are shooting guards, and their point guard is really a shooting guard. And they are ultra-soft in the frontcourt.

Rip will demand a trade soon. So will Tayshaun.
RTM
RealGM

Post#10 » by RTM » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Flip has never been a winner in the playoffs. It took a MVP season from KG, and one of the best teams of the decade to make him look good. Don't expect his lack of playoff performance (what really matters) to change.

He's a nice fit for a healthy Wiz team, and could lead you to a nice regular season. Don't fool yourself into thinking he's any more than that.
RTM
RealGM

Post#11 » by RTM » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:51 pm

yungal07 wrote:I expect us to be at least 10 games better than the Pistons next season. On paper, they look terrible. Their two best scorers are shooting guards, and their point guard is really a shooting guard. And they are ultra-soft in the frontcourt.

With BG on board, I'm of the opinion that moving Rip is probably for the best. He's better than Rip.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#12 » by TAI8 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:29 pm

:lol: :lol:
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#13 » by Dat2U » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:30 pm

I don't quite understand how Pistons fans can bash Flip Saunders at coach when they've just hired John Kuester this offseason. Yes, the same John Kuester of GW fame who once led the Colonials to a 1-27 season and his best known for being LeBron's offensive coordinator in Cleveland last year.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Post#14 » by HeroicKennedy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 pm

yungal07 wrote:I expect us to be at least 10 games better than the Pistons next season. On paper, they look terrible. Their two best scorers are shooting guards, and their point guard is really a shooting guard. And they are ultra-soft in the frontcourt.

Rip and Tay both convinced Ben to come back to Detroit. If they were serious about leaving at any point, they wouldn't have even bothered.

Also, your point guard is really a shooting guard and your frontcourt is Downey-Soft as well.

It's like looking in a mirror.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Post#15 » by HeroicKennedy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Dat2U wrote:I don't quite understand how Pistons fans can bash Flip Saunders at coach when they've just hired John Kuester this offseason. Yes, the same John Kuester of GW fame who once led the Colonials to a 1-27 season and his best known for being LeBron's offensive coordinator in Cleveland last year.

Yes, because he can't have possibly learned anything in the past 20 years, right?

Not to mention when he became the "offensive coordinator" Cleveland jumped from bottom half of the league to top five offensive rating.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#16 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:49 am

Let's say Washington is 4th and Detroit is 8th. All that means is you'll get eliminated by one of Bostons/Cleveland/Orlando a series later than we will. *shrug*
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#17 » by DaRealHibachi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:37 am

HeroicKennedy wrote:

Rip and Tay both convinced Ben to come back to Detroit. If they were serious about leaving at any point, they wouldn't have even bothered.

Also, your point guard is really a shooting guard and your frontcourt is Downey-Soft as well.

It's like looking in a mirror.

No, he's a highly efficient scoring PG...

And are you sure, as a Piston fan, you want to talk about soft frontcourts...???

With Kwame Freakin Brown?!?!?!

O please... :lol:
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#18 » by DaRealHibachi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:38 am

HeroicKennedy wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I don't quite understand how Pistons fans can bash Flip Saunders at coach when they've just hired John Kuester this offseason. Yes, the same John Kuester of GW fame who once led the Colonials to a 1-27 season and his best known for being LeBron's offensive coordinator in Cleveland last year.

Yes, because he can't have possibly learned anything in the past 20 years, right?

Not to mention when he became the "offensive coordinator" Cleveland jumped from bottom half of the league to top five offensive rating.

You sure that's not b/c of that dude named Lebron James...??? :roll:

Show me stats if I'm wrong...
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#19 » by DaRealHibachi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:40 am

Cowology wrote:Let's say Washington is 4th and Detroit is 8th. All that means is you'll get eliminated by one of Bostons/Cleveland/Orlando a series later than we will. *shrug*

Who says you guys will make the playoffs...??? :lol:

Nah just playin, but what sense does your post really make...?? We'll probably make it further up than you guys, isn't that what the playoffs are all about...??? :-?
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#20 » by Arp590 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:46 am

DaRealHibachi wrote:
HeroicKennedy wrote:

You sure that's not b/c of that dude named Lebron James...??? :roll:

Show me stats if I'm wrong...

They obviously already had Lebron James before Kuester came.
As soon as Kuester came on board, their offensive numbers improved drastically.

Return to Washington Wizards