ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards vs. Pacers 12-12-09

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Re: Wizards vs. Pacers 12-12-09 

Post#161 » by Ji » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:44 am

dont blame the refs.We played a bad team at home without their best player and it came down to the wire. A good team wins this game by 15

WE SUCK and thats why we dont get calls.WE SUCK. BLOW IT THE MUCK UP!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#162 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 am

All the talk about whether the foul occurred after the clock or before the clock are irrelevant, IMO. The real concern is why we were in that predicament in the first place. We can cry REFS till the cows come home but this is a game Indiana had no business being in and they found a way to win (or rather, we found a way to lose).
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#163 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 am

Hansbrough dominated down the stretch. (Wizards could have ....)
Bye bye Beal.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#164 » by Ji » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
nate33 wrote:This is the worst of all possible outcomes. I'd rather lose badly and have an excuse to blow it up. Now the Wizards can say it was a fluke due to bad refereeing and bad free throw shooting.

Bad refs, bad ft shooting, and a bad substitution by Flip at the end.

what about bad team,bad gm and bad chemistry?
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#165 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 am

Despite all the times this team has been jobbed by the refs, despite it being on video and being verifiable for the rest of eternity, despite Gilbert getting calls when he was an All Star that he cannot buy now, despite all of this we still have people here who say DO NOT BLAME THE REFS!! ITS ALL US!!

Amazing. Anybody who has sat in the MCI/Verizon Center knows this is the reason this team will never amount to anything, nobody really cares.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,355

Post#166 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 am

There is nothing positive to take from this game. Indy is a lousy team playing without their best player on a back-to-back. We should have won by double digits. Instead, the only reason we were in this game was because we were ridiculously hot and shot 55% - mostly on jumpers. It felt like an EJ-era game: good jumpshooting compensating for terrible defense.

It looked like we'd end up stealing a game we didn't deserve to win, and then we managed to give away (with some help from the refs).

Pathetic. Just pathetic.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:46 am

Krizko Zero wrote:
nate33 wrote:Now the Wizards can say it was a fluke due to bad refereeing and bad free throw shooting.

This has been the story of this team since the inception of the Big 3. Every series VS Cleveland, every big game comes down to Refs and not being able to play through it. Mentally weak teams cannot play through corrupt officiating mandated by a corrupt commissioner.

Corrupt officiating? You think Stern is in the tank for friggin Indiana?!
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#168 » by JWizmentality » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:46 am

Look at the Crabaliers game where they looked at the replay in the final seconds and called a foul. We suck, but I don't want to go out like that. F**k the NBA!!!
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#169 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:47 am

miller31time wrote:
Krizko Zero wrote:
nate33 wrote:Now the Wizards can say it was a fluke due to bad refereeing and bad free throw shooting.

This has been the story of this team since the inception of the Big 3. Every series VS Cleveland, every big game comes down to Refs and not being able to play through it. Mentally weak teams cannot play through corrupt officiating mandated by a corrupt commissioner.

Corrupt officiating? You think Stern is in the tank for friggin Indiana?!

Nope, I don't believe everything in life operates on a 3rd grade level. I believe plenty is going on behind the scenes and that games are decided before the tip off. I agree with 'Sheed that this league is a farce of WWE proportions.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#170 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:48 am

can't believe I let my kids stay up late so I could watch this travesty of a heartless team give away a game. This is up there with the Ruffin game.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#171 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:49 am

Ghastly loss there. Sure the Ref's, but, ugh, we didn't deserve that one.

But the Treacherous Pale Elves were on a back to back with us in a must win? I missed the first half as my wife sabotaged the alarm clock (she's not a fan of my getting four hours of sleep to watch basketball games. I mean, 'women', right?), but I think I can figure out how the first half looked if I dip into the memory banks.

I don't know, it kind of looks like the death knell for the big three.

The Arenas free throws were killer in that it's the second game where he does a lot of Agent Zero-ish kind of stuff but doesn't really get to build confidence due to those shots.

I suppose the best news is that the Caron Ankle injury is not that serious and he's still tradeable.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#172 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:49 am

JWizmentality wrote:Look at the Crabaliers game where they looked at the replay in the final seconds and called a foul. We suck, but I don't want to go out like that. F**k the NBA!!!

I might be the biggest, whining, blame-the-refs poster on this board... but I'm not pinning this on the zebras tonight... playing against an absolutely sucky team at home in the second of their back to backs without their top scorer while shoot like 60%.

Why was Indiana even in this game? Blow it up. Blow it up. Blow it up. Bury it. Burn any records of it ever happening.
In Rizzo we trust
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#173 » by P'Oed » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:50 am

I honestly had no idea that you could even lose that way. Seriously, I had no idea it even existed. Gilbert Arenas blew 2 games in a row...2 GAMES IN A ROW by missing 4 free throws when he HAD to make them. I can't believe it. I'm infuriated right now. We shouldn't have to put up with this crap on a yearly basis anymore. They just find new ways to lose.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:51 am

It's just weird how Gilbert has gone from being (in my opinion) the most clutch player in the NBA to the least clutch player in the NBA.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#175 » by JWizmentality » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:51 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Look at the Crabaliers game where they looked at the replay in the final seconds and called a foul. We suck, but I don't want to go out like that. F**k the NBA!!!

I might be the biggest, whining, blame-the-refs poster on this board... but I'm not pinning this on the zebras tonight... playing against an absolutely sucky team at home in the second of their back to backs without their top scorer while shoot like 60%.

Why was Indiana even in this game? Blow it up. Blow it up. Blow it up. Bury it. Burn any records of it ever happening.

I agree, this team needs to go, but I'm totally pinning this on the refs. We deserve to lose, but I refuse to lose to BS like that!!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#176 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:51 am

Glenn Consor is mentioning how down the stretch the Wizards gave up penetration to Watson and Ford and they gave up easy baskets to Hansbrough.

Had they just made it tougher, and had Gil not gone 0-2 (AGAIN) then things might have ended up differently.

Indiana, OTOH fought hard, didn't quit, and stole a key win at Verizon.
Bye bye Beal.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#177 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 am

Post game live... apparently McGee got off the bench to go in with .5 seconds left and the Flipster pulled him back out. Brilliant, just flippin brilliant.
In Rizzo we trust
lupin
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#178 » by lupin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 am

i think Gil is in a race with AJ to be Mr. Anti-Clutch D.C. (JC might be a dark horse candidate in that race too)
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:54 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Glenn Consor is mentioning how down the stretch the Wizards gave up penetration to Watson and Ford and they gave up easy baskets to Hansbrough.

Had they just made it tougher, and had Gil not gone 0-2 (AGAIN) then things might have ended up differently.

Indiana, OTOH fought hard, didn't quit, and stole a key win at Verizon.

Yup. Like I said, this loss is on us. The refs could have called every single call in this game against us and we should have won. Indiana, fully healthy, isn't a good team. And they didn't even have Granger. And they were playing the 2nd of a back-to-back! And we were at home!!! It's sad. It's just sad.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#180 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:55 am

lupin wrote:i think Gil is in a race with AJ to be Mr. Anti-Clutch D.C. (JC might be a dark horse candidate in that race too)

Come on now. JC has never, ever, ever come through in the clutch. Gil deserves some credit for the incredible victories he pulled out routinely pre injury.
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards