ImageImageImageImageImage

G(oat)OTG for the rest of the season: Dagger in the spleen!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AlohaWiz
Sophomore
And1: 0

G(oat)OTG for the rest of the season: Dagger in the spleen! 

Post#1 » by AlohaWiz » Tue Feb 2, 2010 5:55 am

Washington vs. Celtics on 2/1/10: which is worse? Jamison with a 2-17 effort, or Butler's 6 turnovers out of the team total 13?

Other than the TO's, Butler went 20/11 with 2 assists and 3 steals, so I have to give the nod to Jamison. Anytime, a player can manage to miss 15 out of 17 shots, that man deserves to be Goat of the Game! 8-)

Honorable mention to Oberto for 2 fouls, 1 TO and nothing else in 4 minutes of action.

P.S. If this turns out to be a terrible idea, then I should point out it was no D in Hibachi's suggestion. If it's a great idea, then I thought of it all by myself!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Re: G(oat)OTG for the rest of the season: Dagger in the spleen! 

Post#2 » by doclinkin » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:58 am

Bad mojo. We got enough hard luck 'round here without playing cannibal on our own tribesmen. There's always something lower than the bottom...

IBTL, I'm thinkin'...
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#3 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:10 pm

They are doing exactly what we want...get us that #1 or as close to it as we can.

IBTL
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#4 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:13 pm

I hate the idea of awarding Jamison Goat of the Game when he played possibly the best defense of his life in the first half. All he does is score and when he doesn't but does something else instead, and does it pretty well, this is his reward?

IBTL
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#5 » by no D in Hibachi » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:57 pm

Jeez guys, whats with all the IBTL? I'm in favor of the thread and it's very appropriate if you ask me. I propose keeping it open until they start rebuilding or turn this ship around.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#6 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 2, 2010 4:21 pm

Alright, keep it open, but I'll use it to argue against Jamison as the goat. A previous poster used Butler's 6-11 FG going into the 4th quarter combined with Jamison's 2-17 FG during the game to support Jamison somehow being the cause of the Wizards 4th quarter collapse. Jamison and Butler were both 0-4 FGs in the 4th quarter. For the game, Jamison had a -4 differential, Butler a -14, Jamison had 1 TO, Butler 6.

Jamison missed some close in gimmes against the Knicks, and maybe thought he should move away from the basket more against the substantial Celtic interior defense. Whatever, his game is primarily get the ball and try and score, inside or outside, and his game is generally facilitated by others (Miller, Butler, Boykins, etc.) knowing he will likely try and score if given the ball. Saunders knows this too, and likely left him in hoping he'd snap out of it on any shot. Focusing on that easy stat, 2-17, give a distorted view of what happened.

Boston shut the Wizards down in the 4th, when they shot 2-18 FG as a team. Singling out Jamison's 2-17 when it hadn't hurt the team in the first three quarters and was no worse than the rest of the team in the 4th (and his defense kept us in the game in the first half) is an inaccurate portrayal relying on one lousy stat from a box score.

GOTG: Wizards lack of a decent penetrator. Arenas?
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#7 » by doclinkin » Tue Feb 2, 2010 4:23 pm

Gil's 2nd knee surgery followed a GOAT of the game thread... First injury followed a violation of Game Thread procedure. Mojo is mojo. Thumb not your nose at mojo.
AlohaWiz
Sophomore

Post#8 » by AlohaWiz » Tue Feb 2, 2010 6:24 pm

doclinkin wrote:Gil's 2nd knee surgery followed a GOAT of the game thread... First injury followed a violation of Game Thread procedure. Mojo is mojo. Thumb not your nose at mojo.

I didn't realize that. I don't know why the game yesterday frustrated as much as it did, but I don't want that to lead to bad mojo for the team. So, it might be better to just discuss bad play, good play, etc. in the game thread.

Can a mod lock this for me, please?

Sorry no D, I like the idea, but I guess I'm a little superstitious about sports and don't want to tempt the basketball gods ;)

Return to Washington Wizards