November Game discussion thread

Moderator: bwgood77

wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Re: November Game discussion thread 

Post#21 » by wilt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:08 am

"I had the best seat in the house," Curry said.

The Wildcats' coaching staff was set to run Curry off screens in an effort to get him free for shots.

Curry wanted no part of it.

"He told me that he wanted to stay in the corner with the two guys and we could play 4-on-3,” McKillop said. “He said we’ll just dice them up.”

"That was the best way to attack it and get a win," Curry added.

That’s exactly what happened as Davidson beat Loyola by 30 points. Curry didn't take his second shot until five minutes into the second half, when he launched a shot from 35 or so feet. His final shot attempt came with about four minutes left in the rout.

:lol:

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by A.J. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Watching Blake Griffin play against UAB is like watching paint dry.
streetp0et
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#23 » by streetp0et » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:54 pm

and yet, davidson only shot 48%.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,309

Post#24 » by jman3134 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:How is Oregon supposed to be this season? They look pretty awful against UNC (I recognize the irony of me saying that as a UK fan). UNC looks dominant in the early going this season and not affected at all by some injuries that you would ordinarily think were significant.

I disagree completely from what I saw early on. UNC is simply the best team in the country and Oregon is very young at this point. They hung around for a while and again against Texas today, they demonstrated their ability to stick with some of the top teams in the country. They are a potential tournament team imo at this point. The Pac is extremely down this year, so they should be towards the top. USC has lost some games early, UCLA is overrated, Arizona is pretty good, Washington St. should be towards the top of the pac but down from last year, and Washington is not as improved as some expected.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by jman3134 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:59 pm

A.J. wrote:Watching Blake Griffin play against UAB is like watching paint dry.

UAB is good, but completely perimeter oriented. Blake should have a huge night, no doubt. Still, Vaden is a huge threat and this will be a test for OU's perimeter defense.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:19 am

Man, I would love to see a Purdue upset. Go BC! (probably not going to happen)
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#27 » by GYBE » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:36 am

UNC-ND in a pretty high-scoring game right now. UNC by 7 so far.

Edit: Bah, UNC just looks like they're on another level. I wasn't expecting the Irish to win, but it's still disappointing.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:44 am

GYBE wrote:UNC-ND in a pretty high-scoring game right now. UNC by 7 so far.

Sadly, it doesn't look to be too competitive right now. UNC as playing at another level from everyone else in the country. I wonder if Louisville and/or UConn can match up with them. The Big East is going to be unbelievable this year.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#29 » by GYBE » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:56 am

Unfortunately Harangody was throwing up all day. He played, but not well and he's been sitting for a lot of the second half. In crunch time he's not out there, so you know he's pretty ill.

ND will lose, but they at least kept it somewhat compeititive. It's 90-78 with a couple minutes left. McAlarney has the green light whenever he crosses half court...he's fun to watch. 10 threes!

The Big East is just insanely good this year. Syracuse looks really impressive early and they're just a middle of the pack team.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:04 am

In my opinion the big east has four of the top 6 teams in the country in #2 Louisville, #3 UConn, #5 Pitt and #6 ND.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#31 » by Polynice4Pippen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:12 am

Baylor needs to be ranked immediately. I'm jumping on the Quincy Acy bandwagon. Baylor/Arizona State should be a good one in the Anaheim Classic semifinal.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#32 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:How is Oregon supposed to be this season? They look pretty awful against UNC (I recognize the irony of me saying that as a UK fan). UNC looks dominant in the early going this season and not affected at all by some injuries that you would ordinarily think were significant.

As a current student...pretty bad. The Ducks have all of two returning starters and six freshman, and Ernie Kent isn't the greatest developmental coach ever. Some nice players and some possible future stars, but listing the Ducks as the 7th-best Pac-10 team is considered generous. They had no real business on the same floor as UNC, as UNC rightfully showed.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#33 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:22 pm

jman3134 wrote:The Pac is extremely down this year, so they should be towards the top. USC has lost some games early, UCLA is overrated, Arizona is pretty good, Washington St. should be towards the top of the pac but down from last year, and Washington is not as improved as some expected.

UCLA will probably still be up there nationally, as will Washington State. Add in an Arizona State team with two NBA prospects (James Harden and Jeff Pendergraph) and you have three Pac-10 teams that are mortal locks for the top-25. Arizona is an awful team but a nice collection of individuals, and Washington has all kinds of talent that they just might develop/put together. If Oregon is in the upper half of the Pac-10, the conference is even weaker than we realized.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by jman3134 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:17 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:

As a current student...pretty bad. The Ducks have all of two returning starters and six freshman, and Ernie Kent isn't the greatest developmental coach ever. Some nice players and some possible future stars, but listing the Ducks as the 7th-best Pac-10 team is considered generous. They had no real business on the same floor as UNC, as UNC rightfully showed.

From what I have seen, no team is able to hang with UNC. Notre Dame was crushed. So that's nothing to be ashamed about. The Ducks have some depth inside and when Porter is playing well, they are a gritty young team. It doesn't really matter how many returning starters they have necessarily. Look at what happened to Florida after Lee, Roberson, and Walsh left. I'm not saying that the Ducks will ever reach that level. But, they are a lot better than you give them credit for.

Washington St. is by no means a lock for the top 25. And, UCLA is far worse than expected.

Return to NCAA Basketball