SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,361

Re: 2024 clyde draft stuff 

Post#21 » by SNPA » Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 pm

clyde21 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
i usually only rank 16-25 players in a draft, ones that I am most comfortable ranking and differentiating between each other and the rest of the crop

there really is no point in ranking 30 or 40 or 50 players, once you get low enough in a draft the idea that people can differentiate in the talent difference between the 29th ranked guy and 30th ranked guy is nonsense imo. you get low enough it just becomes about role/fit and what type of players you need

Interesting having Bridges that high. What do you like about him? How’s his defense?

i like his physical pro, well built, moves well, solid c+s guy, not a defensive stopper by any stretch but good enough on that end and can scale up or down, has untapped on-ball juice as well imo, think he be a plug and play rotation guy as soon as his rookie season if given the chance

This was my take too. But it makes me wonder why in a draft like this he isn’t higher on boards. Age. Ok. But if you think a guy can crack a rotation year one that’s clearly a first rounder in basically any draft. Especially a wing player.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,149

Re: 2024 clyde draft stuff 

Post#22 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon May 20, 2024 6:39 am

SNPA wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Interesting having Bridges that high. What do you like about him? How’s his defense?

i like his physical pro, well built, moves well, solid c+s guy, not a defensive stopper by any stretch but good enough on that end and can scale up or down, has untapped on-ball juice as well imo, think he be a plug and play rotation guy as soon as his rookie season if given the chance

This was my take too. But it makes me wonder why in a draft like this he isn’t higher on boards. Age. Ok. But if you think a guy can crack a rotation year one that’s clearly a first rounder in basically any draft. Especially a wing player.

For me, once I get to the 20s through the 40s there's a group of guys all in the same tier as role/rotational players and any one of them could go #25 and any could go #45. You're left trying to decide between the upside of Chomche, Flowers, Durisic, Johnson, Furphy, or Dadiet types and the veteran ready to contribute McCullar, Bridges, Tyson, da Silva, Karaban, Kolek or Edey types.

I still expect boards to change as guys announce they're returning and measurements for Europeans come in.

Return to Mock Drafts