mitchweber's trades-adjusted mock....with more trades 

Post#1 » by pillwenney » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:43 am

Trades

Indiana trades
#11 pick
#17 pick

Memphis trades
#5 pick

Why? We all know that Chris Wallace thinks like a RealGM fanboy and wets himself at the thought of DeAndre Jordan's "totally siiiiiick" potential. Here he trades down to a spot where he should still be able to obtain him, while acquiring another pick to either move up (with the #28 pick) or to use to fill some of Memphis' many holes.

For the Pacers, they trade up for a guy who judging by some of Bird's public comments, he probably wants in Love (and also someone who fills a glaring need for his team now that JO is gone).

2nd trade

Portland trades
Joel Pryzbilla
#13 pick
#27 pick

Milwaukee trades
#8 pick
Dan Gadzuric

Why? The teams swap backup centers--the difference being that Pryzbilla is actually a really solid player who should be a solid backup in Milwaukee. So Milwaukee gets that upgrade while likely being able to fill their need at SF still at 13 and the added incentive of a late 1st rounder. Portland moves up to ensure that they can get their guy in either Alexander or Westbrook (I'll just say Alexander so that PNF doesn't blow his lid).

3rd Trade

Grizzlies trade
Brian Cardinal
#17 pick

Kings trade
Quincy Douby
Shelden Williams
#43 pick

Why? Since both Douby and Williams have team options next year, they could both be expirings, thus helping Memphis wipe away Cardinal's contract, while potentiall getting some players that could be worth the #17 pick. But it's mostly a salary dump.

The Kings do it because Petrie has a man-crush on Hibbert and we can afford to take on a year of Cardinal's salary.

4th trade

Charlotte Trades
#20 pick
#38 pick

Washington trades
#18 pick

Why? After losing out on their prize in Hibbert, Charlotte sacrifices their 2nd rounder to make sure they get their consolation in Koufos.

Washington still gets their guy (according to my complete guess) while getting another 2nd rounder.

1. Bulls - Derrick Rose
2. Heat - Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota - OJ Mayo
4. Seattle - Brook Lopez
5. Indiana - Kevin Love
6. New York - Jerryd Bayless
7. LAC - Eric Gordon
8. Portland - Joe Alexander
9. Charlotte - Russel Westbrook
10.New Jersey - Danilo Gallinari
11.Memphis - DeAndre Jordan
12.Sacramento - DJ Augustin
13.Milwaukee - Anthony Randolph
14.Golden State - Donte Greene
15.Phoenix - Brandon Rush
16.Philadelphia - Darrel Arthur
17.Sacramento - Roy Hibbert
18.Charlotte - Kosta Koufos
19.Cleveland - Alexis Ajinca
20.Washington - Javale MgGee
21.New Jersey - Marreese Speights
22.Orlando - Courtney Lee
23.Utah - Robin Lopez
24.Seattle - Nicolas Batum
25.Houston - Chris Douglas-Roberts
26.San Antonio - Mario Chalmers
27.Milwaukee - Devon Hardin
28.Memphis - JJ Hickson
29.Detroit - Bill Walker
30.Boston - Jason Thompson

I'll probably add explanations later.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Re: mitchweber's trades-adjusted mock....with more trades 

Post#2 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 am

So quick to give up on Shelden? I understand he's pretty much a bust, but to package him + Douby + 2nd round for a 1st + bad contract...I would think two "young" players with SOME potential + 2nd round is good enough for a mid-late 1st already....without having to take a bad contract...right?
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,522

Post#3 » by pillwenney » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:So quick to give up on Shelden? I understand he's pretty much a bust, but to package him + Douby + 2nd round for a 1st + bad contract...I would think two "young" players with SOME potential + 2nd round is good enough for a mid-late 1st already....without having to take a bad contract...right?

It depends on who is on the other end of the deal. Petrie really likes Hibbert, so I could really see something like that happening.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#4 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 am

mitchweber wrote:
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:So quick to give up on Shelden? I understand he's pretty much a bust, but to package him + Douby + 2nd round for a 1st + bad contract...I would think two "young" players with SOME potential + 2nd round is good enough for a mid-late 1st already....without having to take a bad contract...right?

It depends on who is on the other end of the deal. Petrie really likes Hibbert, so I could really see something like that happening.

And I have no idea why...maybe if we didn't have Hawes, or if either one could be turned into a PF. But both are too slow and not great rebounders. I would rather have a project PF/PG who can start in 1-2 years than a role player/bench player in Hibbert.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#5 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:53 am

I don't think that the 11 and 17th picks is going to get you anywhere near the number 5.

All I can say about the Cavs pick is yech
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Mock Drafts