Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Re: 2014 Mock Draft (6/18 entire draft) 

Post#21 » by djthesonicsfan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:37 am

babyjax13 wrote:21. Oklahoma City: Dwight Powell
29. Oklahoma City: KJ McDaniels

No way we pass on Payton at #21. Guaranteed.

I like McDaniels at #29.

If we could add those two guys to the team that would be a seriously fantastic draft.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:09 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:

I like McDaniels at #29.

If we could add those two guys to the team that would be a seriously fantastic draft.

I'm having a hard time with OKC because I feel like they should draft a power forward or a center, but there just isn't really anyone available that fits their needs. Ideally, Jusuf Nurkic slips to them at 21. I now have Payton out of their range, but what do you think of Ennis? I think that he would make Ibaka a more effective player on offense, but I don't know that OKC really needs a true point guard, either. And if they keep Reggie Jackson, drafting one seems sort of pointless. I think that if they draft a point guard they should trade Jackson for a low post scorer, I think Enes Kanter and Nene make a lot of sense (or if they could sign Pau Gasol). The problem is that in both cases it needs to be a three way deal, because neither team needs Jackson.

Right now I have Ennis at 21, but I really doubt that they draft a point guard with their first pick. The problem is that the best power forward available at that point in the draft is Dwight Powell. Maybe Nikola Jokic makes some sense for them?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by djthesonicsfan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:41 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:

I like McDaniels at #29.

I'm having a hard time with OKC because I feel like they should draft a power forward or a center, but there just isn't really anyone available that fits their needs. Ideally, Jusuf Nurkic slips to them at 21. I now have Payton out of their range, but what do you think of Ennis? I think that he would make Ibaka a more effective player on offense, but I don't know that OKC really needs a true point guard, either. And if they keep Reggie Jackson, drafting one seems sort of pointless. I think that if they draft a point guard they should trade Jackson for a low post scorer, I think Enes Kanter and Nene make a lot of sense (or if they could sign Pau Gasol). The problem is that in both cases it needs to be a three way deal, because neither team needs Jackson.

Right now I have Ennis at 21, but I really doubt that they draft a point guard with their first pick. The problem is that the best power forward available at that point in the draft is Dwight Powell. Maybe Nikola Jokic makes some sense for them?

Ya, we need another PF because Collison is old. Payne would be perfect at #21. And that's who we pick if he's still there but he won't be. And you're right, there's not a lot of other PFs after him. It's not totally horrible because Pleiß will likely be coming over and Presti likes Jerrett. But I'm hoping that Presti buys a 2nd and steals Patric Young. He's going to play a long time in the NBA. We also have a legit chance at signing Gasol to a MLE, but I'm not worried if we don't. Mr Funaki is good.

But we also need another shooter. PJ Hairston is the absolute right guy, although KJ McDaniels might be too. My bet is that we wind up with one of those two at #21 because Payton will also be gone by then. That kid is going to be good and we need insurance in case Jackson doesn't resign. But there will several other PGs still there #29 worthy of selection... Micic is my top pick of those guys.

As for all those trade ideas, you need to remember how Presti goes about his business. His focus is building through the draft, not by trade.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
babyjax13
RealGM

Re: 2014 Mock Draft (6/23 entire draft) 

Post#24 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Updated after news about Embiid, Saric and Austin.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:51 am

I'd be super happy with Hairston & Young. Excellent additions. We'd also need to buy a 2nd to get a PG.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#26 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:07 am

djthesonicsfan wrote:I'd be super happy with Hairston & Young. Excellent additions. We'd also need to buy a 2nd to get a PG.

Honestly, you'll probably be able to get a decent point guard as an undrafted free agent, just look at how loaded the end of the second round is with point guards. But I'm sure Philadelphia will sell you one of their second round picks, they either have four or five.

JColl
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:37 am

babyjax13 wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:I'd be super happy with Hairston & Young. Excellent additions. We'd also need to buy a 2nd to get a PG.

Honestly, you'll probably be able to get a decent point guard as an undrafted free agent, just look at how loaded the end of the second round is with point guards. But I'm sure Philadelphia will sell you one of their second round picks, they either have four or five.

Ya, that's what I was thinking too... Burton or Christon would probably still be there.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green

Return to Mock Drafts