59. Raptors- Patric Young, PF, Florida
60. Spurs- DeAndre Kane, SG/PG, Iowa State
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: What the hell I'll do one 

Post#2 » by LloydFree » Sat May 24, 2014 2:33 am

I don't see the Jazz taking Marcus Smart. I think they take one of the Power Forwards. I think Stauskas will go before Garry Harris. I like the Kyle Anderson to the Celtics. Don't believe Adreian Payne will fall past the Bulls picks. Don't believe Jordan Clarkson will go in the 1st round. Semaj Christon is better than Clarkson. James Macadoo may not get drafted.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Big_C_KU
Junior
And1: 106

Post#3 » by Big_C_KU » Sat May 24, 2014 4:25 am

LloydFree wrote:I don't see the Jazz taking Marcus Smart. I think they take one of the Power Forwards. I think Stauskas will go before Garry Harris. I like the Kyle Anderson to the Celtics. Don't believe Adreian Payne will fall past the Bulls picks. Don't believe Jordan Clarkson will go in the 1st round. Semaj Christon is better than Clarkson. James Macadoo may not get drafted.

I had a tough time choosing between Smart and Vonleh for the Jazz spot. I get the feeling that Utah may give Favors-Kanter another year and would prefer to upgrade the SG spot more and move Hayward to the SF spot. Wouldn't be surprised at all either if they reached for Gordon at 5 to play him at SF or possibly PF if they decide Favors is better at C.

I actually think Stauskas and Harris can go either way. I have Harris just slightly ahead of Stauskas but Stauskas may actually be better fit for Charlotte than Harris at 9. Who ever isn't taken would be snatched up by Philly at 10.

I almost put Anderson at 16 to Chicago. I think Bulls would take the scorer more than the playmaker though at SF at 16.

I almost put Payne to Chicago at 19. Chicago taking a PG will depend upon whether they decide they're going to try and bring Augustine/Hinrich back. If they decide before draft that they want to then I think they'll draft Payne. I actually think they might draft Nurkic at 16 or 19 and see if he wants to remain overseas in hopes of stashing him and saving money to spend on Melo or as a trade asset to get Love. In the end I felt they'd rather let Augustine/Hinrich walk and try to bring in Ennis or Payton at 19.

I also put Hairston at 29 to Thunder but I don't think anyone will give him a guaranteed contract with his off the court troubles. So I went with Clarkson as the guard they choose at 19. Would not be surprised at all if they reached and took Greek Freak's bro late 1st either. I don't think Thunder would take Christon unless they planned on moving Jackson during the offseason or next season.

I'm not a fan of McAdoo either and him not getting drafted wouldn't surprise me either.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#4 » by dautjazz » Mon May 26, 2014 8:25 pm

As a Jazz fan, it's BPA. To me it's like this, one of these if they slip: Embiid, Wiggins, Parker or Exum. After that I would probably take Randle or Smart. They both look NBA ready. Not impressed with clips I saw of Vonleh.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Big_C_KU
Junior

Post#5 » by Big_C_KU » Thu Jun 5, 2014 4:07 am

Decided to do lottery explanations. If you want an explanation for picks outside of Lottery just ask.

1. Cavaliers- Joel Embiid, C, Kansas- They really can't go wrong with any of the top 3 picks. All 3 fit a need and have the potential to be great. As long as his back checks out I believe they'll be wowed by Embiid's overall game and potential and dreams of a PG-C combination in Cleveland with Irving-Embiid.

2. Bucks- Jabari Parker, SF/PF, Duke- Have gone back and forth with this pick. I personally have scary thoughts of the combination of Wiggins and Greek Freak on the wings together defending and in the open court so I personally like Wiggins at #2. All reports though are that the Bucks prefer Parker at this point so have to put him here for now and it's very understandable when you consider Parker might compliment the Giannis on the wing better than Wiggins as Parker can be more of a scorer at SF/PF while Giannis can be the defender at SG/SF.

3. 76ers- Andrew Wiggins, SF/SG, Kansas- The 76ers fall to 3rd but still get their man. Great young nucleus in Wiggins, MCW, Noel, and Wroten to go with the veteran of Young. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Wiggins is taken 2nd and Parker 3rd and then swapped in a trade either as Philly apparently really wants Wiggins. Similar to Jamison-Carter in 1998.

4. Magic- Dante Exum, SG/PG, Australia- I don't feel Exum or Oladipo is a PG but I do like the idea of a tall backcourt in Exum and Oladipo. I believe they both can handle the ball well enough to play very well together. Still Exum will take a while to get used to the NBA game and playing the point so they'll need to add a PG in FA before Exum or Oladipo takes over.

5. Jazz- Noah Vonleh, PF, Indiana- Unless the Jazz just absolutely fall in love with a player or one of the top 4 falls then I seriously see this pick being shopped or at least shopped hard. If they stay here though I think Vonleh will be their pick. I had Smart but changed to Vonleh this time because I don't believe they'll like Smart enough and feel Vonleh fits best next to Favors going forward.

6. Celtics- Aaron Gordon, PF, Arizona- Vonleh gone so the Celtics go with the next best PF on their board. I like Randle but I really think the Celtics like the idea of a lob city in Boston with Rondo throwing lobs to Gordon. Gordon measuring in at 6-9 really helped his stock and might fit best next to the other bigs they have as they need a more athletic PF.

7. Lakers- Julius Randle, PF, Kentucky- Lakers go with the BPA and their biggest need is a PF or C and gives them someone who can create a little offense for himself and not need a PG. Also Smart would be 2nd and they will see what they can get out of Kendall Marshall at PG and they still have Kobe at SG. .

8. Kings- Dario Saric, SF/PF, Croatia- They wanted one of the top 3 PFs but they are gone. Smart is the BPA but they are solid at both guard spots right now. With the uncertainty of Gay they have a need at both forward spots. Saric fills one of those needs.

9. Hornets- Marcus Smart, PG/SG, Oklahoma State- Smart falls to 9 and the Hornets are ecstatic. Smart fills their need at SG while also allowing Kemba Walker to play off the ball more where he can focus more on scoring. They lack the shooting though still between the 3 of Walker, Smart, and MKG.

10. 76ers- Nik Stauskas, SG, Michigan- 76ers get the player that fits best with Wiggins and MCW on the perimeter giving them a shooter. Also allows Wroten to stay on the bench and play both guard spots from there. A shooter at SG is there biggest need whether they add Wiggins or Parker.

11. Nuggets- Gary Harris, SG, Michigan State- Nuggets have a need just about at every position except PG and possibly PF. SG may just be the biggest position of need and Gary Harris is the BPA as well here. He gives them solid defense and shooting next to Lawson in the backcourt.

12. Magic- Doug McDermott, SF, Creighton- Magic need a shooter in the backcourt next to Exum and Oladipo and adding another option with Tobias Harris at SF would be ideal for them. They could stand to add another big but none are available that are worth this pick here.

13. Timberwolves- Zach LaVine, SG, UCLA- Still looking for the SG of their future. LaVine is a project but if he works out he's the shooter they need next to Rubio.

14. Suns- James Young, SG/SF, Kentucky- Strong need at one of the wing spots. A roster filled with a bunch of good but not great players they need a wing with high potential as well. Young fits that bill and is their pick at 14. Another big man may be ideal but they can get on of those with strong potential a few picks later.

15. Hawks- Rodney Hood, SF, Duke
16. Bulls- TJ Warren, SF, NC State
17. Celtics- Kyle Anderson, SF/PF, UCLA
18. Suns- Jusuf Nurkic, C, Bosnia
19. Bulls- Adreian Payne, PF, Michigan State
20. Raptors- Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse
21. Thunder- Elfrid Payton, PG/SG, UL Lafayette
22. Grizzlies- PJ Hairston, SG, North Carolina/NBDL
23. Jazz- Jerami Grant, SF, Syracuse
24. Hornets- Clint Capela, PF/C, Switzerland
25. Rockets- Shabazz Napier, PG, Connecticut
26. Heat- Jordan Adams, SG, UCLA
27. Suns- Cleanthony Early, SF, Wichita State
28. Clippers- Mitch McGary, C/PF, Michigan
29. Thunder- KJ McDaniels, SF, Clemson
30. Spurs- Kristaps Porzingis, C, Latvia

31. Bucks- Vasilje Micic, SG/PG, Serbia
32. 76ers- Jarnell Stokes, PF, Tennessee
33. Cavaliers- Glenn Robinson III, SF, Michigan
34. Mavericks- Thanasis Antetokounpo, SF, Greece
35. Jazz- Isaiah Austin, PF/C, Baylor
36. Bucks- Semaj Criston, PG, Xavier
37. Raptors- Walter Tavares, C, Spain
38. Pistons- Jordan Clarkson, SG, Missouri
39. 76ers- Bogdan Bogdanovic, SG, Serbia
40. Timberwolves- Damien Inglis, SF/PF, France
41. Nuggets- DeAndre Daniels, SF, Connecticut
42. Rockets- CJ Wilcox, SF, Washington
43. Hawks- Spencer Dinwiddie, SG/PG, Colorado
44. Timberwolves- Nikola Jokic, C, Serbia
45. Hornets- Jabari Brown, SG, Missouri
46. Wizards- Artem Klimenko, C, Russia
47. 76ers- Johnny O'Bryant, PF, LSU
48. Bucks- Rasmus Larsen, C, Denmark
49. Bulls- Nick Johnson, PG/SG, Arizona
50. Suns- Deonte Burton, PG, Nevada
51. Mavericks- Roy Devyn Marble, SG, Iowa
52. 76ers- Markel Brown, SG, Oklahoma State
53. Timberwolves- Joe Harris, SG, Virginia
54. 76ers- Cory Jefferson, PF, Baylor
55. Heat- CJ Fair, SF/PF, Syracuse
56. Nuggets- James McAdoo, PF, North Carolina
57. Pacers- Russ Smith, PG, Louisville
58. Spurs- Melvin Ejim, SF/PF, Iowa State
59. Raptors- Ioannis Papapetrou, SF/PF, Greece
60. Spurs- DeAndre Kane, SG/PG, Iowa State
Big_C_KU
Junior

Post#6 » by Big_C_KU » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:03 am

Let me start with a couple trade possibilies we could see. I won't put them in the mock but I think we'll see them.

-Philly moves up from #10. Try to get back in to 5-9 to draft Embiid. All this is contingent on them not being able to move up to #1 to get Wiggins.

-Suns will try and move up to get a player who they feel can make more of an impact right away. With 3 first round picks that seems like a lot of picks to have for a team that is already full of really good but no superstars. Wouldn't be surprised if they used all 3 to move up to 8 or 2 of them to move up to 11 or 12.

-Bulls will move one or both of their draft picks for crap in order to make room to sign Melo. Probably tag Dunleavy along with one of those picks. Same goes for Houston as well with their pick at 25 possibly they might be able to convince a team to take Lin's contract with the pick.

1. Cavaliers- Andrew Wiggins, SF/SG, Kansas- With Embiid hurt they have the choice between Wiggins or Parker. Wiggins fits their roster better and has more potential. Could see them trading the pick now though to Philly or Utah who may want to move up and select one of Wiggins or Parker. I believe they'll stay put though.

2. Bucks- Jabari Parker, SF/PF, Duke- Bucks still get their guy although Embiid's injury did put a little scare in them. Parker fits perfectly next to the Greek Freak as he can be the scorer while the Freak is the wing defender.

3. 76ers- Dante Exum, PG/SG, Australia- 76ers go best available player here as the slightly hold Exum above Vonleh. Also take Exum as they hope to move up from #10 to select Embiid or one of the top PFs in the draft.

4. Magic- Marcus Smart, PG/SG, Oklahoma State- Magic get the guy they've liked for over a year now. Smart would have gone #2 last year ahead of Oladipo instead he goes #4 and teams up with Oladipo. Will create a small and bad shooting backcourt but their defense will be top notch.

5. Jazz- Noah Vonleh, PF, Indiana- Jazz try to move up to get Parker but eventually settle for the big to put with Favors and Kanter and be their PF of the future. His potential as a perimeter shooter allows him to compliment Favors well.

6. Celtics- Joel Embiid, C, Kansas- Ainge selects Embiid for one of 2 reasons. A trade to Minnesota in order to get Love so Minnesota can use him as a starting point in a rebuilding process. Or Ainge decides to completely blow up the Celtics and move Rondo and start Embiid as the Celtics first rebuilding piece. Either way Embiid only falls to 6 after the injury.

7. Lakers- Aaron Gordon, PF, Arizona- Gordon isn't the immediate impact player the Lakers are looking for at 7. In fact with what's available I expect them to try and move the pick. A possible spot the 76ers try to move up to from #10.

8. Kings- Dario Saric, PF/SF, Croatia- Randle's own foot injury and his similarities to Thomas Robinson scares off the Kings from taking him here. They take Saric as he gives them shooting to spread the floor at the 4 spot for Cousins and can fill both needs at SF and PF for the Kings.

9. Hornets- Nik Stauskas, SG, Michigan- Hornets take the best SG available in Stauskas. He's the player they need to spread the floor on the wing as the wings they have on their roster just aren't very good perimeter shooters.

10. 76ers- Julius Randle, PF, Kentucky- 76ers try and trade up to get Embiid or one of the top PFs. In the end one of them falls to them. 76ers will be Wildcat fans new favorite team now as they team Randle with Noel int he frontcourt for the future.

11. Nuggets- Zach LaVine, SG/PG, UCLA- Nuggets are in a rough spot as they need to look into either getting a star or rebuilding. LaVine is a good piece as he gives shooting, athleticism, and potential to the Nuggets.

12. Magic- Doug McDermott, SF, Creighton- Magic take their shooter to pair with their new backcourt. McDermott will be able to spread the floor for them and doesn't need to be a great defender with the pair.

13. Timberwolves- Gary Harris, SG, Michigan State- Will they finally have their SG of the future? Possibly as Harris would team well with Rubio as he can shoot and defend at a high level.

14. Suns- James Young, SG/SF, Kentucky- Suns take their wing they need. They need to get some size in the backcourt and as a shooter can bring some great things immediately with high potential.

15. Hawks- Rodney Hood, SF, Duke
16. Bulls- Jusuf Nurkic, C, Bosnia
17. Celtics- Kyle Anderson, SF/PF, UCLA
18. Suns- Elfrid Payton, PG/SG, UL Lafayette
19. Bulls- Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse
20. Raptors- Shabazz Napier, PG, Connecticut
21. Thunder- Adreian Payne, PF, Michigan State
22. Grizzlies- PJ Hairston, SG, North Carolina/NBDL
23. Jazz- TJ Warren, SF, NC State
24. Hornets- Clint Capela, PF, Switzerland
25. Rockets- Jerami Grant, SF, Syracuse
26. Heat- Jordan Clarkson, SG, Missouri