Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: Evanz (@thecity2) 2019 Big Board 

Post#61 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 2, 2019 8:30 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:i just think it's weird you're that low on THT but then have a guy like Reddish 15. Or Tre at 18. Or Romeo at 19. And KPJ at 37 is ok i guess if you're really putting weight on character issues/intangibles but other than that i don't really get having him that low. Kabengele at 31 i can see but im a little higher on him than you are.

What does THT have to do with Reddish, Tre, Romeo or KPJ? They're all different players. :lol:

All of them outside of Reddish have broken jumpers, and Reddish is pretty much terrible at everything else offensively. It's not impossible to draw similarities between different players, not rocket science. And at no point in my post did i ever compare THT to KPJ.

I used to be higher on THT, but I dunno man, he may never be able to shoot. Tre's jumper isn't broke to me. He shows great touch at the rim, which THT doesn't. Tre also shot 76% at the FT line. Romeo also has great touch and shot > 70% from the line. THT shot 63% from the line which historically does not bode well (on small sample size, but still).
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Post#62 » by Funcrusher » Tue Apr 2, 2019 8:56 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
What does THT have to do with Reddish, Tre, Romeo or KPJ? They're all different players. :lol:

All of them outside of Reddish have broken jumpers, and Reddish is pretty much terrible at everything else offensively. It's not impossible to draw similarities between different players, not rocket science. And at no point in my post did i ever compare THT to KPJ.

I used to be higher on THT, but I dunno man, he may never be able to shoot. Tre's jumper isn't broke to me. He shows great touch at the rim, which THT doesn't. Tre also shot 76% at the FT line. Romeo also has great touch and shot > 70% from the line. THT shot 63% from the line which historically does not bode well (on small sample size, but still).

fair enough. the reason i'm so high on him is that i think he has great touch around the basket. he doesn't have great touch on the move or an in between game but I think he shot above 70% at the rim for the season, though i could be wrong. i really don't know if his shooting will ever even be average, but i could see a team taking a risk drafting him in the late lottery or late teens and hoping his shot can develop, maybe after his second contract.

Tre can hit some elbow J's and does have pretty good touch on his shot but until he can shoot 3's regularly imo he's not an NBA player. As far as Romeo we're on the same page. what makes you so low on KPJ though?
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#63 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 2, 2019 10:15 pm

Funcrusher wrote:Tre can hit some elbow J's and does have pretty good touch on his shot but until he can shoot 3's regularly imo he's not an NBA player. As far as Romeo we're on the same page. what makes you so low on KPJ though?

Doesn't seem like much of a playmaker, shot 52% from the line, and appears to be a knucklehead.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,261

Post#64 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:58 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:waaay too low on THT, Kab, KPJ.

Pretty sure I'm not too low on Kab or KPJ. I like THT but it's hard to buy his shooting.

yea, you are. When you have Jerome as a better prospect than Kab and KPJ, you're definitely too low.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#65 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:waaay too low on THT, Kab, KPJ.

Pretty sure I'm not too low on Kab or KPJ. I like THT but it's hard to buy his shooting.

yea, you are. When you have Jerome as a better prospect than Kab and KPJ, you're definitely too low.

You weren't even onto Kab until a month ago dude. Way, way overhyping the man. Chill. :lol:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,261

Post#66 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:13 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

You weren't even onto Kab until a month ago dude. Way, way overhyping the man. Chill. :lol:

i've been 'onto' Kab since the Duke game, it has nothing to do with 'your' thread. :roll:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#67 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:18 pm

Look, I have no problem with people asking me why I like guys, but if I tell you why then just accept it and move on. Just saying "this guy or that guy is too low" isn't helpful for anyone. Make your points.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#68 » by VCfor3 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 3:25 pm

I think Hunter may be a bit low due to his floor. His ceiling may not be quite as high as some others but he seems like he should be a solid 3&D wing role player-type starter which is valuable. Jontay also may be a bit high due to his injury history but if/whenever he comes back healthy a redraft with him at #10 wouldn't surprise me. I like some of your digressions from the norm.

Quick hits:
-Agree with the others that KPJ may be a little low but he seems like a knucklehead to me who could very well never put it together so late 1st is the earliest I'd consider him.
-I really like Killian Tillie as a prospect but with his injuries I'd want to target him in the late 1st as opposed to middle of the 1st.
-Like your take on Reddish
-Agree with NAW being middle of the 1st
-Nassir may be a little low but agree that should be later in the draft than most have him
-Like Okeke but may have him a smidge lower again due to injury

Appreciate the list though.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#69 » by EvanZ » Thu Apr 4, 2019 4:13 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I think Hunter may be a bit low due to his floor. His ceiling may not be quite as high as some others but he seems like he should be a solid 3&D wing role player-type starter which is valuable. Jontay also may be a bit high due to his injury history but if/whenever he comes back healthy a redraft with him at #10 wouldn't surprise me. I like some of your digressions from the norm.

Quick hits:
-Agree with the others that KPJ may be a little low but he seems like a knucklehead to me who could very well never put it together so late 1st is the earliest I'd consider him.
-I really like Killian Tillie as a prospect but with his injuries I'd want to target him in the late 1st as opposed to middle of the 1st.
-Like your take on Reddish
-Agree with NAW being middle of the 1st
-Nassir may be a little low but agree that should be later in the draft than most have him
-Like Okeke but may have him a smidge lower again due to injury

Appreciate the list though.

Thanks, and just to be clear, even though I have Jontay, Tillie, and Okeke ranked that high, I would absolutely not draft them that high because you can easily trade back probably into the early second round to pick up any one of those guys. My ranking reflects more their talent level than simply where I would draft them.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Post#70 » by Funcrusher » Thu Apr 4, 2019 5:03 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:All of them outside of Reddish have broken jumpers, and Reddish is pretty much terrible at everything else offensively. It's not impossible to draw similarities between different players, not rocket science. And at no point in my post did i ever compare THT to KPJ.

fair enough. the reason i'm so high on him is that i think he has great touch around the basket. he doesn't have great touch on the move or an in between game but I think he shot above 70% at the rim for the season, though i could be wrong. i really don't know if his shooting will ever even be average, but i could see a team taking a risk drafting him in the late lottery or late teens and hoping his shot can develop, maybe after his second contract.

Tre can hit some elbow J's and does have pretty good touch on his shot but until he can shoot 3's regularly imo he's not an NBA player. As far as Romeo we're on the same page. what makes you so low on KPJ though?

Just to clarify, THT's FG% at the rim wasn't above 70, it was 58% per The Stepien's shot chart. Ben Rubin wrote a piece on Horton-Tucker a month ago and that's where i got that number from (77% actually, must have been a typo). so, ultimately not exceptional efficiency at the rim but above-average, and it's more impressive when you consider only 15% of those field goals were assisted. For comparison, Tre Jones shot 58% at the rim but with 35% of his field goals assisted. Romeo shot 65% but with 25% assisted field goals. Horton-Tucker definitely has touch around the basket, and more importantly can score at the rim on high volume while generating his own looks, which is obviously a valuable skill to have. And just to reinforce that THT has good touch, visual aid:

Read on Twitter
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#71 » by EvanZ » Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Updated my R1 board after the measurements portion:

Read on Twitter
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#72 » by EvanZ » Fri May 17, 2019 7:10 pm

One change is I moved Claxton to 14 last night.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#73 » by EvanZ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Just posted my top 3 tiers last night (picks 1-11):

https://medium.com/@thecity2/2019-nba-draft-board-tiers-1-3-bc12261629d8
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#74 » by EvanZ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:26 am

Return to Mock Drafts