16. scottie lewis -- 2/3
17. jalen suggs -- 2/1
18. ibou dianko badji -- 5
19. marcus zegarowski -- 1
20. keyontae johnson -- 3/sb4
21. jaden shackelford -- 1
22. jaden springer -- 1
23. josh christopher -- 2

five (~low-level starter/top of rotation)
—
will richardson -- 2/1
devin askew -- 1
jeremy roach -- 1
alan griffin -- 2/3
jaime jacquez jr. -- 2
d.j. jeffries -- 3/4/2
cam thomas - 1
nah'shon hyland -- 1
moussa diabate - 4/sb5
james boughknight -- 2
carlos alocen -- 1
keon johnson -- 2
kai jones -- 5
jalen pickett - 1

six (~back of rotation/two-way)
—
davide moretti -- 1/2
matthew hurt -- 4
oscar tshiebwe -- 5
antoine davis -- 1
vrenz bleijenbergh -- 4

keeping an eye on:
—
Spoiler:
wendell moore -- 3/2
amar sylla -- 4
ariel hukporti -- 5
khristian lander -- 1
day'ron sharpe -- 5
isaiah wong -- 1
adam miller -- 2
neemias queta -- 5
moses moody -- 2
terrence shannon jr. -- 3
isaiah jackson -- 3/4
roko prkacin -- 4
kessler edwards -- 4
kahlifa diop -- 5
n'faly dante -- 5
romeo weems -- 3
jeremiah robinson-earl -- 4/sb5
tyrell terry -- 1
trayce jackson-davis -- 5
d.j. carton -- 1
caleb mills -- 1
juhann begarin -- 1
matthew strazel -- 1
joshua giddey -- 1
leaky black -- 3
landers nolley II -- 3/4
joel ayayi -- 1/2
[twitter] @thunderdustin
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Re: GROD's Board [2021] 

Post#2 » by a-French-Fan » Sat May 16, 2020 10:34 am

I would add one: Matthew Strazel. He showed things really interesting with ASVEL in euroleague. The matter is maybe that his profile doesn't fit with NBA, but more with euroleague. BUT this guy always surprise you, and when a 17 years old player keep a "weak team" in the game Vs Real Madrid, I think we must take him in consideration.
This guy was a real surprise this year. The plan for ASVEL was to develop Malédon with Diot as a mentor, and Jordan Taylor. The Idea was to share minutes.
Strazel was unknown as a NBA prospect a year ago, he didn't play for youth national teams. With Malédon out, Mitrovic tried him during a Euroleague game. For his first Euroleague game he scored 9. It came hard then for coach Mitrovic to give enough minutes for his 4 point guards (Antoine Diot a real injury prone, but was Parker's backup for France when healthy, Théo Malédon that you know now, and Jordan Taylor).
However, if you give me the choice between Strazel and Tyrell Terry this year e.g, I would take Strazel. And I think about now, not Terry 2020 and Strazel 2021.
Unfortunately you won't find so much highlights as pro level on YouTube, but you may even try and find some Euroleague highlights.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

Post#3 » by getrichordie » Fri May 22, 2020 10:43 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:I would add one: Matthew Strazel. He showed things really interesting with ASVEL in euroleague. The matter is maybe that his profile doesn't fit with NBA, but more with euroleague. BUT this guy always surprise you, and when a 17 years old player keep a "weak team" in the game Vs Real Madrid, I think we must take him in consideration.
This guy was a real surprise this year. The plan for ASVEL was to develop Malédon with Diot as a mentor, and Jordan Taylor. The Idea was to share minutes.
Strazel was unknown as a NBA prospect a year ago, he didn't play for youth national teams. With Malédon out, Mitrovic tried him during a Euroleague game. For his first Euroleague game he scored 9. It came hard then for coach Mitrovic to give enough minutes for his 4 point guards (Antoine Diot a real injury prone, but was Parker's backup for France when healthy, Théo Malédon that you know now, and Jordan Taylor).
However, if you give me the choice between Strazel and Tyrell Terry this year e.g, I would take Strazel. And I think about now, not Terry 2020 and Strazel 2021.
Unfortunately you won't find so much highlights as pro level on YouTube, but you may even try and find some Euroleague highlights.

I'm definitely going to check on him when I get a chance. I've seen a few clips, but the obvious concern for me right off the bat is size. Maybe he has a growth spurt, or maybe he finds a way to impact the game from deep or with just a really high IQ, so I'll be looking for those traits within his game.

Thanks for putting me on this guy! :)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,375

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:25 am

This draft is going to be nuts. Personally I'm really high on keyontae johnson, and would likely have him in that 'tier 3' group.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#5 » by getrichordie » Sat May 23, 2020 4:09 am

babyjax13 wrote:This draft is going to be nuts. Personally I'm really high on keyontae johnson, and would likely have him in that 'tier 3' group.

Yeah, I think I was the first one on the draft board to put people on Keyontae. He's going to be good. Maybe he makes that jump to tier 3 but I have to see it, first.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
JohnReese
Senior
And1: 270

Post#6 » by JohnReese » Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Garuba is better than 90% of the list right now playing relevant minutes for the best team in Europe. Tier 2 minimum.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#7 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 3, 2020 6:26 am

~updated
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,226

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 7:23 pm

what changed for Evan Mobley? last time you had him like in the mid teens or something
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#9 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 3, 2020 9:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:what changed for Evan Mobley? last time you had him like in the mid teens or something

Saw a video where he looked bigger and showed more skill from outside. Just kind of went with consensus since I haven't got to see him a whole lot so I feel like it was a safe place to move him. TBH, I see him sliding. He has a ton of work to do on the defensive end. I haven't seen him guard perimeter players or show great footwork on that end. He just blocks shots, which is great, but you need to show more than that. At times, he looks slow footed as well. Scouts have already mentioned that his effort levels wax and wane as well but they could be more of a product of him just not being challenged enough at current levels. His legs are pretty thin too.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Mock Drafts