Walter
Klintman
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 841

Re: FarBeyondDriven 2024 Draft HQ 

Post#2 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:45 am

3/10

There are several guys I have with 1st round grades but there's only 30 picks. Ingram, Ware, Ajinca, Carter, Boswell, Clingan, Mgbako Stojakovic and Scheierman in particular.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,988

Post#3 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:39 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:3/10

There are several guys I have with 1st round grades but there's only 30 picks. Ingram, Ware, Ajinca, Carter, Boswell, Clingan, Mgbako Stojakovic and Scheierman in particular.

You think Jamir Watkins can grade out as a mid-first rounder? I think he's probably looking at 25-35, but his play this year has been inspired on a weak FSU team (poor guard play).
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#4 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:07 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:3/10

You think Jamir Watkins can grade out as a mid-first rounder? I think he's probably looking at 25-35, but his play this year has been inspired on a weak FSU team (poor guard play).

yes because he's imho capable of being in an NBA rotation as a two-way player right away due to his combo of size/athleticism/skill and the position he plays. Anywhere from mid-first to where you have him he could go. Nothing would shock me. A lot of the lottery talents look like they'll need a couple of seasons of seasoning. Like today, Watkins is a better player than Cody Williams and he can help an NBA team win games. It will take another year for Cody to catch up. But Cody is taller and longer and might have more upside and his brother is killing it in the league so teams will probably draft him over Watkins despite this. But I really don't think there'll be much difference between the two player 5 years from now. I'm not sure if that's an indictment on Williams or because Watkins is that good.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#5 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:10 pm

3/14

Moved Furphy completely out of the first round. He needs more seasoning. In conference play, with McCullars being out many games and the opportunity for Furphy to step up and produce, he's shot 26% from three in the last 11 games and Kansas has lost several games. Furphy needs to add size, gain aggression and work on his handle and shot. If he doesn't improve in these areas he jeopardizes going in next year's first round too
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#6 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:21 am

3/22/24 update

dropped Cody Williams to the late first. I'm done making excuses for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's too passive. I'm not talking physically or skillset wise, but he doesn't look or play like his brother at all. It kinda makes me think like he plays basketball because it was expected of him not because he loves it. I get Andrew Wiggins vibes minus the skill and athleticism

Dropped Missi to the late first. I see way too many college centers scoring on him with ease to be high on him any longer. Since he can't shoot threes he's basically going to be a screen setter and rim runner with occasional put backs unless he develops and I'm not seeing the motor or BBIQ to have much faith in that. But simply because he's 6'11" and has some wiggle and ability to put the ball on the deck there's still enough promise to be somewhat optimistic.

Moved Dillingham to the end of lottery. He may never be a starting point guard on a playoff team but he's a better prospect than Sexton imo so deserves to be in the lottery. He shares all the same flaws as Sexton and is bigger knucklehead but he's a more skilled scorer and better passer. There's a chance he moves up if he can prove he can do this at the combine and depending on his measurements. He's quick enough and shown some flashes being able to pest ball carriers on the perimeter. It all collapses rather easily the moment anyone puts even a semblance of a move on him but maybe he can be coached up?

Dropped Sheppard a bit. The bad stretch of games could be a motivating factor to get him to play with more aggression which could give us an indication he can play backup PG rather than combo guard which would keep him in the middle of the first. He might fall depending on measurements and how he looks at the combine. I don't see how he could rise.

Carter moves up because after seeing him on the floor against guys I'm more familiar with my concerns about him (size and athleticism) are now alleviated. He's a guy that could move up further. I'm pretty certain he has starting PG ability

Moved da Silva into the first round. I find him so similar to Cam Johnson and feel like he'll play the exact same role as him and that's worth a first rounder. A 3 and D connective passer who can do a little bit of everything. I'm interested in how he measures and performs at the combine. He could move up

Moved Bona up above Missi because I think he's better at the few things Missi can do and he's a much better passer and shot blocker
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#7 » by The-Power » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:3/22/24 Big Board

1. Sarr
2. Risacher
3. Holland
4. Yang
5. Topic
6. Carrington
7. Castle
8. Salaun
9. George
10. McCain
11. Buzelis
12. Collier
13. Knecht
14. Dillingham
15. Carter
16. Watkins
17. Filipowski
18. Sheppard
19. Walter
20. Ighodaro
21. Bona
22. Klintman
23. Smith
24. Perrin
25. Williams
26. da Silva
27. Missi
28. Ingram
29. Mgbako
30. Mitchell, Ajay

Quoted for the record.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#8 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:28 am

I try mocks but then remember there's going to likely be a lot of trades this summer which will directly affect draft picks and needs so why bother. I'm just going to wait until we get closer to the draft and after the season.

Return to Mock Drafts