My last Mock Draft

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

DynastyInTheMaking
Rookie
And1: 1

My last Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by DynastyInTheMaking » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:16 pm

First, two trades:
LA Clippers trade #7 and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for #15 and Leandro Barbosa.

Memphis trades #28 and Kyle Lowry to Denver for Linas Kleiza and #20.

-These two rumored trades make a lost of sense to me. Im going to predict both happen. Certainly plenty more trades will happen particularly with the amount of teams having more than one pick in the second round.

FIRST ROUND

1.) Chicago- PG Derrick Rose Memphis. It’s a given at this point, it’s the rest of the offseason that is intriguing for the Bulls.

2.) Miami- PF Michael Beasley Kansas State. I do believe that they are not sold on him and will debate Mayo up until the last minute, but they will select him as he can be disguised for at least a year with Marion on the team. The #2 pick being your third option? Not too shabby. Wade/Marion/Beasley would be similar to Arenas/Butler/Jamison – I obviously see them getting Marion locked up at some point.

3.) Minnesota- SG OJ Mayo USC. I would not be surprised if this pick is traded or if Minny selects Lopez. I have them taking BPA here.

4.) Seattle- C Brook Lopez Stanford. This is my fourth draft pick and the first time I haven’t given them Bayless. I’m changing my mind because I have a feeling they will trade big for small so they take the big here.

5.) Memphis- PF Kevin Love UCLA. I see them making him the pick because they don’t need him to be a star. If he can averages close to a double-double it’s a solid pick for them. I have them trading Lowry so Navarro means Conley/Crittenton will be setting up Love for years while Gay emerges into a stud. Conley/Crittenton - Miller/Kleiza - Gay/Warrick – Love/Brown – Gasol/Milicic. Well, it’s a start.

6.) New York Knicks- PG Jerryd Bayless Arizona. D’Antoni gets a guard but don’t be misinformed, he found his Barbosa not his Nash. Again for a rebuilding team, it’s a start.

7.) Phoenix (from LAC)- PG DJ Augustin Texas. With Maggette now in the mix, Diaw could certainly be moved too but do they trust Tucker and Strawberry? Either way they now have their backup PG and likely eventual starter.

8.) Milwaukee- SF Joe Alexander West Virginia. Seems like a given at this point and I think it will be great for them. I believe he will definitely be a 20 point scorer at some point in his career and could force a trade of Villanueva.

9.) Charlotte- SG Eric Gordon Indiana. With Lopez, Love and Augustin going where they went in this draft, Gordon is the faller. Jordan goes BPA here and expects Brown to make Gordon his 6th man. A very good situation for Gordon although it may not seem like it with Richardson and Wallace on the roster.

10.) New Jersey- SF Danillo Gallinari Italy. Another pick that seems like a given, so much that it probably won’t happen. A good fit though particularly if Nachbar leaves.
11.) Indiana- PF Anthony Randolph LSU. Come two years from now O’Neal will not be on their roster, that could come sooner as well but with his salary I think it will be too hard. Randolph won’t have to play right away and could put on some weight before eventually becoming a bigger part of the team. Some have him falling but with Augustin off the board, I have him going here.

12.) Sacramento- SG Russell Westbrook UCLA. They need a PG with Udrih unrestricted but Westbrook is not a pure PG. Chad Ford has him going 4 as he thinks he resembles Rajon Rondo. It would not surprise me to see Westbrook go much higher than this as I expect him to be a solid pro for years to come. Kings fans probably wouldn’t object to this though.

13.) Portland- C Roy Hibbert Georgetown. Some people will probably knock me for this but having a solid backup center behind Oden is something they will need. I give them the experienced college player rather than someone full of potential.

14.) Golden State- PF Mareese Speights Florida. This definitely fits a need for them as they need a banger but where will that leave Brandan Wright? Wright fits the system more than Speights but they need a banger plain and simple.

15.) LAC (from Phoenix)- SG Brandon Rush Kansas. While I have them adding Barbosa, he will be their SG, everyone had them taking Gordon or Westbrook which is a role Barbosa will fill. Rush will fill the role of Maggette. So essentially they chose Barbosa/Rush over Maggette/Gordon.

16.) Philadelphia- PF Darrell Arthur Kansas. Not an ideal big man for them but he is someone who will make an immediate impact based off of his intangibles.

17.) Toronto- C Robin Lopez Stanford. Nesterovic may be on the move and I’m beginning to believe they don’t believe in Bargnani. Lopez should be solid.

18.) Washington- SF Donte Green Syracuse. I think he will fit right in off the bench and should eventually start for them. I definitely feel like teams will regret passing on him.

19.) Cleveland-PG Mario Chalmers Kansas. They could take Koufos but I give them the National Champion PG. He’ll be a solid bench player for them.

20.) Memphis (from Denver)- C Kosta Koufos Ohio State. He does not necessarily have to play right away but they would not object to him outplaying Kwame or Darko. With Marc Gasol, Kevin Love and Koufos on the roster, the front court would appear to be solid for a few years.

21.) New Jersey- C Alexis Ajinca- Williams, Boone and Krstic would make them appear solid in the front court with young talent, but Ajinca doesn’t necessarily have to come over next year.

22.) Orlando- SG Chris Douglas-Roberts Memphis. He is kind of player that can make an immediate impact with them and should end Reddick’s tenure.

23.) Utah- C DeAndre Jordan Texas A&M. Sloan doesn’t exactly take projects but at this point and with that roster why not roll the dice, maybe they will hit the jackpot or maybe the 23rd pick will prove to not be so good. Unless a superstar emerges from #24 on, they can’t really be knocked for this pick one way or another.

24.) Seattle- PG Kyle Weaver Washington St. They take an experience big collegiate guard who can play the 1 or 2. He should be able to come in and crack the rotation right away.

25.) Houston- C JeValee McGee Nevada. They certainly need a backup so they pick someone who is sliding a bit but happens to be full of potential.

26.) San Antonio- PF Serge Ibaka Congo. The Spurs take a foreign player? No way!

27.) New Orleans- SG Bill Walker Kansas State. He will definitely crack the first round, he will just make the Hornets more exciting and crack the rotation more than Julian Wright did last year.

28.) Denver- PF Ryan Anderson Cal. They add their likely starting PG in Lowry and get a solid role player in Anderson, perfect night for the Nuggets.

29.) Detroit- SF Nicholas Batum France. He drops in this draft and much further than he was expected a year ago. This is a sign that someone is on the move in Detroit.

30.) Boston- SG Courtney Lee Western Kentucky. With the FA’s they have along the wing and the youth in the front court, it’s more likely they pick a wing rather than another young big (Perkins, Powe, Davis are fine to go along with KG).

SECOND ROUND

31.) Minnesota- PF JJ Hickson North Carolina State
32.) Seattle- PF Jason Thompson Rider
33.) Portland- SG Shan Foster Vanderbilt
34.) Minnesota- SG JR Giddens New Mexico
35.) LA Clippers- Nathan Jawai Austraila
36.) Portland- PG Anton Ponkrashov
37.) Milwaukee- C Omer Asik Turkey
38.) Charlotte- PF Joey Dorsey Memphis
39.) Chicago- PG George Hill IUPUI
40.) New Jersey- SF Luc Mbah A Moute UCLA
41.) Indiana- SF Pat Calathes St. Josephs
42.) Sacramento- PF Richard Hendrix Alabama
43.) Sacramento- C Nikola Pekovic
44.) Utah- PG Rodrigue Beaubois France
45.) San Antonio- G Jamont Gordon Mississippi State
46.) Seattle- SF Davon Jefferson USC
47.) Washngton- C Devon Hardin California
48.) Phoenix- PF DJ White Indiana
49.) Golden State- PG Goran Dragic Slovenia
50.) Seattle- SF Patrick Ewing Jr. Georgetown
51.) Dallas- PG Mantas Kalneitis
52.) Miami- C Semih Erden
53.) Utah- PF Josh Duncan Xavier
54.) Houston- SG Sonny Weems Arkansas
55.) Portland- C Ante Tomic
56.) Seattle- PG Sean Singletary Virginia
57.) San Antonio- C Sasha Kaun Kansas
58.) LA Lakers- SG Marcellus Kemp Nevada
59.) Detroit- C Pedrag Samardziski
60.) Boston- C David Padgett Louisville
I despise fans that cheer on a team from up north or one that resembles a dinosaur. oh wait...

Return to Mock Drafts