yardbarker

Breaking the glass ceiling

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: Curtis Lemansky, floppymoose

Post#21 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 am by TheToothFairy

yeah, should I try to get z-bo for Paul George ?


I am really high on George, I would not deal him for anybody on that roster except Durant
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#22 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am by espismark

Update:
The gm changed his mind about Kobe for my Paul George+Faried

Now he has a pending trade with another gm:

Kobe+DMC for Harden, Joe Johnson and Chandler Parsons
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#23 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm by Apathy

espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:KD, LBJ, Harden, Batum (I'd do Kobe for Batum straight up no problem), Westbrook, Jefferson (I'd do Kobe for AlJeff straight up, though you may be able to get more), Irving... pretty much anyone you can think of.

I'd give up Kobe + anyone on your team not named Chris Paul for KD or LBJ.


Thanks for the tips

Btw since Kobe's owner hasn't been that active for about 3 days, I've offered CP3 + Paul George for Durant and Jrue Holiday.

Should I replace Holiday with Rondo since he owns them both ?


CP3+George for Durant would be highway robbery.

For you.

Adding in Jrue is just dum.

espismark wrote:Update:

The guy whom I proposed a CP3+Paul George for Durant+Holiday counter offered.

He wants Paul George for OJ Mayo and Demar Derozan.

His team:

rondo
mayo
derozan
durant
west
z-bo
boozer
vucevic
holiday
geoge hill
tristan thompson
d-wade
jr smith


This is what happens when you waste someone's time with insulting offers. Time is money, dude. Show respect and you get respect. Offer disrespecting offers and I wouldn't ever want to deal with you, on any kind of level.
Apathy
Veteran
Posts: 2,583
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 25, 2011
Top

Post#24 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 pm by espismark

Apathy wrote:
espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:KD, LBJ, Harden, Batum (I'd do Kobe for Batum straight up no problem), Westbrook, Jefferson (I'd do Kobe for AlJeff straight up, though you may be able to get more), Irving... pretty much anyone you can think of.

I'd give up Kobe + anyone on your team not named Chris Paul for KD or LBJ.


Thanks for the tips

Btw since Kobe's owner hasn't been that active for about 3 days, I've offered CP3 + Paul George for Durant and Jrue Holiday.

Should I replace Holiday with Rondo since he owns them both ?


CP3+George for Durant would be highway robbery.

For you.

Adding in Jrue is just dum.

espismark wrote:Update:

The guy whom I proposed a CP3+Paul George for Durant+Holiday counter offered.

He wants Paul George for OJ Mayo and Demar Derozan.

His team:

rondo
mayo
derozan
durant
west
z-bo
boozer
vucevic
holiday
geoge hill
tristan thompson
d-wade
jr smith


This is what happens when you waste someone's time with insulting offers. Time is money, dude. Show respect and you get respect. Offer disrespecting offers and I wouldn't ever want to deal with you, on any kind of level.


you're right, I was going overboard with that one. I feel that a legit scorer is what my team needs right now.

I'm thinking of proposing a trade for James Harden that involves Paul George + another player, mind suggesting a player to add ?
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#25 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 am by qwerty7

espismark wrote:
I'm thinking of proposing a trade for James Harden that involves Paul George + another player, mind suggesting a player to add ?


Again trading george for harden doesnt do much for your categories that you are week in FG% and PTS.

they are almost shooting the same Fg% atm.

By the sound of the trades you are proposing you must be new to fantasy.

if you want legit scoring on good percentage you go for a big! think lamarcus Aldridge, Timmy Duncan, Melo, Aj Jefferson, blake Griffin, David Lee.

And again you need PARKER!! he is shooting 52% from the field that is rediculous for a guard.
qwerty7
Sophomore
Posts: 108
And1: 21
Joined: Oct 27, 2012
Top

Post#26 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:08 am by espismark

qwerty7 wrote:
espismark wrote:
I'm thinking of proposing a trade for James Harden that involves Paul George + another player, mind suggesting a player to add ?


Again trading george for harden doesnt do much for your categories that you are week in FG% and PTS.

they are almost shooting the same Fg% atm.

By the sound of the trades you are proposing you must be new to fantasy.

if you want legit scoring on good percentage you go for a big! think lamarcus Aldridge, Timmy Duncan, Melo, Aj Jefferson, blake Griffin, David Lee.

And again you need PARKER!! he is shooting 52% from the field that is rediculous for a guard.


Yes, I'm new at playing fantasy basketball. LMA, Melo, David Lee and Al Jefferson were deemed to be "untouchables" by their owners.

I'm thinking of offering Paul George for Tim Duncan besides that I have no idea who to offer for Parker
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#27 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 am by Apathy

Who's on WW? Kidd is becoming droppable, esp in such a shallow league. WW is most important.

This thread is a ****. Very unorganized. Too many 'are these trades decent' and less actual concrete trades proposed.
Apathy
Veteran
Posts: 2,583
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 25, 2011
Top

Post#28 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 am by qwerty7

espismark wrote:
qwerty7 wrote:
espismark wrote:
I'm thinking of proposing a trade for James Harden that involves Paul George + another player, mind suggesting a player to add ?


Again trading george for harden doesnt do much for your categories that you are week in FG% and PTS.

they are almost shooting the same Fg% atm.

By the sound of the trades you are proposing you must be new to fantasy.

if you want legit scoring on good percentage you go for a big! think lamarcus Aldridge, Timmy Duncan, Melo, Aj Jefferson, blake Griffin, David Lee.

And again you need PARKER!! he is shooting 52% from the field that is rediculous for a guard.


Yes, I'm new at playing fantasy basketball. LMA, Melo, David Lee and Al Jefferson were deemed to be "untouchables" by their owners.

I'm thinking of offering Paul George for Tim Duncan besides that I have no idea who to offer for Parker


from my experience a lot of fantasy owners underrate Parker because he is not flashy but the guy flat out produces.

Maybe use a package surrounding lowry (and someone else if its not enough) to get parker.

as for your scoring big...maybe look at bosh, griffin or DMC they might be available but i wouldnt trade Paul George for them tho as your pretty weak at SG.

however if you do wanna trade George id consider the Joe Johnson and Parsons for george they should be enough to cover he's loss and strength your SF spot.

whos on the waiver wire?
qwerty7
Sophomore
Posts: 108
And1: 21
Joined: Oct 27, 2012
Top

Post#29 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 am by espismark

[quote="qwerty7"][quote="espismark"][quote="qwerty7"][quote="espismark"]

Maybe use a package surrounding lowry (and someone else if its not enough) to get parker.

as for your scoring big...maybe look at bosh, griffin or DMC they might be available but i wouldnt trade Paul George for them tho as your pretty weak at SG.

however if you do wanna trade George id consider the Joe Johnson and Parsons for george they should be enough to cover he's loss and strength your SF spot.


A gm offered Chris Bosh and Arron Afflalo for Paul George and Joakim Noah, I think it's disadvantageous on my part

I offered George, Faried and Lowry for Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. The gm said he'll think it over
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#30 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm by Apathy

too much imo, rescind that offer asap.
Apathy
Veteran
Posts: 2,583
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 25, 2011
Top

Post#31 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm by espismark

Apathy wrote:too much imo, rescind that offer asap.


Will Lowry and Paul George be enough ? And Should I drop Kidd for Korver ?
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#32 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 am by 21shumpshumpst

espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:too much imo, rescind that offer asap.


Will Lowry and Paul George be enough ? And Should I drop Kidd for Korver ?

Why do you want to trade George? Get Korver asap.
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012
Top

Post#33 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am by espismark

21shumpshumpst wrote:
espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:too much imo, rescind that offer asap.


Will Lowry and Paul George be enough ? And Should I drop Kidd for Korver ?

Why do you want to trade George? Get Korver asap.


Mainly because of the anticipated return of Granger and plus his value is so high right now. I'm having difficulty on who to drop whether Dudley or Kidd. Both of them can do the same stuff but Dudley is a starter
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#34 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 am by qwerty7

espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:too much imo, rescind that offer asap.


Will Lowry and Paul George be enough ? And Should I drop Kidd for Korver ?


Yes that is way too much. again dont trade george unless your gettin a decent SG back cause u are weak there.

if i were u:

1) trade lowry and get parker (you might have to add a little extra)
2) trade chris paul for steph curry and hopefully a lil more if u can other wise do it straight up.. curry scores more and is playin beast mode this year
3) package faried and hibbert and gettin a decent scoring big

that will change your weaknesses!
qwerty7
Sophomore
Posts: 108
And1: 21
Joined: Oct 27, 2012
Top

Post#35 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 am by espismark

qwerty7 wrote:
espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:too much imo, rescind that offer asap.


Will Lowry and Paul George be enough ? And Should I drop Kidd for Korver ?


Yes that is way too much. again dont trade george unless your gettin a decent SG back cause u are weak there.

if i were u:

1) trade lowry and get parker (you might have to add a little extra)
2) trade chris paul for steph curry and hopefully a lil more if u can other wise do it straight up.. curry scores more and is playin beast mode this year
3) package faried and hibbert and gettin a decent scoring big

that will change your weaknesses!


Yes, but the 3rd one is the most applicable since
1. Parker's owner is having second thoughts in trading him
2. The owner of Steph Curry isn't that active in trades

BTW I dropped Kidd for Korver

Offered Roy Hibbert and Faried for Brook Lopez. Or should I try the same offer for Ryan Anderson ?
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#36 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 pm by Apathy

Dropping Kidd was the correct choice. He's becoming droppable nowadays with Felton's return. He may defy belief and keep it up, but he's not exactly highly thought of either; you could prob pick him back up in time.

Good luck trading Hibbert.
Apathy
Veteran
Posts: 2,583
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 25, 2011
Top

Post#37 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 am by espismark

Apathy wrote:Dropping Kidd was the correct choice. He's becoming droppable nowadays with Felton's return. He may defy belief and keep it up, but he's not exactly highly thought of either; you could prob pick him back up in time.

Good luck trading Hibbert.


If by any chance I was able to get BroLo, who should I pick up between the following people:

Drummond, Aminu, Sullinger, MKG, Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Hawes, Bynum or Marion
espismark
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Top

Post#38 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm by 21shumpshumpst

espismark wrote:
Apathy wrote:Dropping Kidd was the correct choice. He's becoming droppable nowadays with Felton's return. He may defy belief and keep it up, but he's not exactly highly thought of either; you could prob pick him back up in time.

Good luck trading Hibbert.


If by any chance I was able to get BroLo, who should I pick up between the following people:

Drummond, Aminu, Sullinger, MKG, Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Hawes, Bynum or Marion

Drummond
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012
Top

Post#39 Re: Breaking the glass ceiling
Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 pm by Apathy

ya I wouldnt wait in grabbing Drummond
Apathy
Veteran
Posts: 2,583
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 25, 2011
Top

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users