Drop D.Collison for Steve Blake?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

RapsAndJays21
RealGM
And1: 16,319

Drop D.Collison for Steve Blake? 

Post#1 » by RapsAndJays21 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 am

At this point in the season with Paul a few weeks away, would you drop Darren Collison for Steve Blake. Blake should be on his way back, and I'd assume he'd get a ton of minutes in the Lakers system, while Collison will go back to barely producing numbers when Paul is back.

Or... I have Reggie Jackson as well who I could drop.

Opinions?
Rep T Dot, till they bury me.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Re: Drop D.Collison for Steve Blake? 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:58 am

Ya I'd probably do it. Blake was playing real well before he got hurt. Blake is definitely a better long-term bet than Collison. Who knows when Kobe is coming back and despite the gaudy assist numbers Marshall just isn't that good so they're will be plenty of minutes available at both guard spots.

Another thing I like about the Laker players is that they have a couple Tuesday games and one Thursday game during the playoffs. Mondays and Wednesday are usually pretty busy so it helps you avoid being overloaded on those days.
jbohle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by jbohle » Wed Feb 5, 2014 9:40 pm

I wouldn't necessarily keep Collison much longer, but I definitely wouldn't drop him for Blake. Steve Nash has already solidified himself as the starting point guard on the Lakers, and Kendall Marshall is on a tear. Even when Blake returns, he'll be splitting back up minutes with Marshall. Blake isn't worth it. If he's available, pick up Nash.
iTzJeff
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by iTzJeff » Thu Feb 6, 2014 6:45 pm

Blake ROS definitely better than Collison. D'Antoni loves playing him. Nash keeps getting injured and even if he doesn't will be limited to 20-25 minutes a night.

Return to Fantasy Basketball