DeMarre Carroll vs. Gordon Hayward

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

DeMarre Carroll vs. Gordon Hayward 

Post#1 » by ronnymac2 » Thu Feb 6, 2014 9:07 pm

Who's the better fantasy player for the rest of this season?

Hayward is incredibly inconsistent, but when he does catch fire, he burns bright.
Is the top-20 value Carroll has provided the past month sustainable?
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,352

Re: DeMarre Carroll vs. Gordon Hayward 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Thu Feb 6, 2014 10:57 pm

From a pure value standpoint I would put my money on Carroll being more valuable in 9-cat. Top 20 won't happen since his shooting is unsustainable (54% from the floor and 44% from deep since the Horford injury) but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up top 40 ROS. His minutes, steals, and lack of TOs gives him a very high floor.

Hayward has a shot at top 40 ROS as well but he's less of a sure bet to me due to the FG%. That FG% drop is due to this 3P% FALLING off a cliff (41% last season to 31% this season). Some of that may be due to the expanded role so it's not a guarantee to normalize. He's been playing better over the last month but that 3P% is still hovering around 30%.

Assuming H2H, their close enough that for me it would come down to what cats I needed. Hayward gives you extra points, assists, and FT% while Carroll is you guy if you need the steals, FG%, and low TOs.
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Re: DeMarre Carroll vs. Gordon Hayward 

Post#3 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Sun Feb 9, 2014 2:40 pm

Carroll has an extra game in week one and an extra game in week 4 of the playoffs compared to Hayward.

Return to Fantasy Basketball