terrence jones problems

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Firekillex
Ballboy
And1: 0

terrence jones problems 

Post#1 » by Firekillex » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 am

again terrence jones falls off fantasy relevance, getting barely no minutes and another bad stat line for the 3rd game in a row... just wondering should i keep or drop him, other options on waiver wire to sub in for him

humphries
kyle oquinn
olynk
miles plumlee
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Re: terrence jones problems 

Post#2 » by rocketsballin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am

drop him. he's gonna be another one of those horribly inconsistent players. motie and asik weren't taking minutes from him earlier in the season. now that they are, and him cooling off, he's not a fantasy player in standard leagues. only deep leagues

oquinn has been avg about 7/7/2blk for 10 games or so. i dunno what happened, but i picked him up. no injuries on the magic that bumped his playing time. he just broke out.
Firekillex
Ballboy

Post#3 » by Firekillex » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 pm

appreciate it bro, i dont understand why theyre cutting his minutes down so much, hes shooting like 70% the other night having a pretty good game and they randomly bench him for the rest of the game... with 25 mins or less he cant be that productive every night with harden and dwight taking the bulk of the stats, the only options i was thinking miles plumlee or oquinn, ill have to take a good look at oquinn 2 blocks a game is nasty and just what i need
Madmikkz
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Madmikkz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:22 am

I personally wouldn't drop him for O'Quinn, look at his beast numbers tonight lol
supermelo
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#5 » by supermelo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:02 am

Terrence Jones breakout tonight!! watch below
http://www.fansboard.com/hotcoldplayer? ... ence-Jones

but he is so unstable recently...
http://www.fansboard.com/gameLog?player=Terrence-Jones

i think you should wait and watch 2 more games, Rockets maybe will rest the start five close to NBA playoffs. TJ will get more time on the court, he needs more time to make more performance...good luck!!
Firekillex
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Firekillex » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:34 am

A game like tonight is the main frustration and reason I've never dropped him since picking him up like 2 months ago. With the minutes I know he can produce but he never gets 25+ minutes anymore the only reason he went off going jt I'd because Dwight is out to. But I'll keep him this week anyways I have a bye week see how he does the next couple games. I wouldn't drop him for oquinn he only has 3 games last week of playoffs
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#7 » by rocketsballin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:44 am

they played the jazz and dwight was out. that 16/9/2blk jones is long gone. he can still have a week where he goes 11/7/1.3 . tho its risky since he's so inconsistent now.

remember im a rockets fan, and my advice is to drop him. ur in a bye so u can wait but keep a sharp eye on the waivers. quinn's blocks aren't going unnoticed
Firekillex
Ballboy

Post#8 » by Firekillex » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Ya I feel you, I personally don't think he'll be considtent anymore unless somebody gets hurt or Mchale randomly decides to give him more minutes again which I doubt. If oquinn had a better playoff schedule I'd be more interested. I'd look more towards miles plumee because he has an extra game. Wish I took humprhies but somebody just scooped him. Maybe even olynk if they start giving him some minutes
Firekillex
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Firekillex » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 am

Mozgov for jones?? Jj Hickson out for year
LEmme no what you guys think I wanna do it I think but not sure mozgov will avg 10/10 and a block with more minutes I think and jones is gonna fall off again when Dwight is back I feel
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#10 » by Moooose » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 am

Mozgov is not a must-add in my opinion. He's more of a speculative add and if you think he will get a boost with JJ out, then I think you can take a chance on him. Guys like Arthur, Randolph, and Vesely will take up Hickson's minutes, IMO. I'd rather have Dieng or Splitter now than Mozgov. But anyway, the risk is minimal.
Firekillex
Ballboy

Post#11 » by Firekillex » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 pm

i was just reading some stuff saying they wanna get mozgov some more touches, he usually does pretty well in limited minutes so if they let him loose with jj out i think he could hold some value.. Splitter and Dieng are already taken, im just debating between mozgov and henry sims right now, hes beasting out solidified his spot as the starting center in philly hes averaging a double double right now with an assist steal and block, im going to watch the game tonight since dwight howard should be back if they limit jones minutes like they were before howard got hurt ill probably be dropping him for sims or mozgov, it sucks because hes actually really good he just doesnt get enough touches most games
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#12 » by Moooose » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:59 am

Mozgov just played more than 30 minutes last night, if you feel like adding him then you can do so, if the other bigs are gone already. The only thing I hate about Sims is his FG%. Other than that, he can be a double double producer every game. I'd pick Mozgov over Sims though.

Return to Fantasy Basketball