Dropping Dwight

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

HungerJames
Sophomore
And1: 0

Dropping Dwight 

Post#1 » by HungerJames » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

Hey guys with news that Dwight might miss the next 10 days, I'm probably dropping him, would Asik be a good candidate?

Dropping him because my championship match is gonna be this coming week already.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Dropping Dwight 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Well unless it is a keeper league, I'd be dropping Dwight if it is the championship week. You would want to maximize your games played and holding onto him will not help at all. The rockets have 4 games this week and assuming that he will be out 10 days means that he will be sitting all games this week.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#3 » by Anatomize » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:08 pm

I picked up Asik.. it's going to be a tossup between him and Jones.. I assume McHale is just going to ride the hot hand and hand that one minutes depending on the matchup/performance. I don't think he likes giving 30+ mpg to either player on any given night unless they are playing really high level.
jbohle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by jbohle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:59 pm

Drop Dwight, pick up Asik. I love Terrence Jones, but the fact of the matter is Jones isn't a true center at all. He's a great power forward, and he has the potential to go 20-12 with 3 blocks any night with Dwight out, but McHale likes/trusts Montiejunas, too, so Jones and Montiejunas split time. I have Jones, and he's been good but against the Clips because of foul trouble/DMo playing well, Jones only clocked 19 minutes. Asik will be the starting center, and there are no other centers on the Rockets that are healthy. Asik will probably get you a double-double and a few blocks in all four games.

So bottom line. Normally, I'd take Jones but since Dwight's out, Asik will be in the role he played last season, where he averaged 10 points, 12 boards, and a block in just 30 MPG.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#5 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 pm

I wish I knew of Dwight's timetable, but while on centers, who would you pick up for the week Birdman Andersen or J.Oneal? I'll probably drop Varajeo with his latest injury.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#6 » by Moooose » Tue Apr 1, 2014 7:34 am

DirtybirdGA wrote:I wish I knew of Dwight's timetable, but while on centers, who would you pick up for the week Birdman Andersen or J.Oneal? I'll probably drop Varajeo with his latest injury.

If I were to choose between Andersen or JO, I'd go for Andersen. Got better schedule for this week and the upcoming week. And Bogut will probably return sometime late this week and it would definitely bring back JO's value to where it has been.

Varejao can be dropped in all formats, IMO. Even when he is healthy, he is in a timeshare with Hawes anyway. And though he's got solid per minute value, his health just can't be trusted.

Return to Fantasy Basketball