Joakim for Klay

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

arbenchong
Ballboy
And1: 1

Joakim for Klay 

Post#1 » by arbenchong » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 am

I am in a 20 team league with 11 cat as scoring (No reb but there are oreb and dreb, and 3pt%). I was offered Joakim Noah for my Klay Thompson. My roster goes out like this:'

Curry
K. Thompson
R. Jackson
T. Jones
Dray. Green
P. Beverly
R. Lopez
D. Jordan
C. Frye
Ed Davis
N. Cole

Am i getting a steal on Joakim here? I'm a bit hesitant due to health history of Noah while Thompson has been healthy throughout his career. I could need OREB, REB, BLK, FG% that Noah gives. Also i'm a bit worried of having my top 2 players coming from the same team. Thoughts? Many thanks!
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Re: Joakim for Klay 

Post#2 » by Axel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:18 pm

I have Noah on my team. I think its a fair trade. Noah doesn't have much upside with his injury history and his USG% will go down with Pau and Gibson also getting reps.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#3 » by rocketsballin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:39 pm

definitely. noah's numbers will go down with pau and gibson off the bench wont help. warriors need klay to have another good season and he wants a max so he should have a career year. do thsi trade before the other guy finds out he's getting ripeed off lol
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#4 » by Doormatt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:35 pm

rocketsballin wrote:definitely. noah's numbers will go down with pau and gibson off the bench wont help. warriors need klay to have another good season and he wants a max so he should have a career year. do thsi trade before the other guy finds out he's getting ripeed off lol

OP is the one with klay trading for noah

anyways, noah has never been a high usage player so the presence of pau/gibson doesnt effect his value much at all really. he will still rebound and block like a monster while getting good assist numbers for a big man. if you feel you can stand to lose the threes/points that klay gives you then its a good trade. noah was top 4 in offensive rebounds last season so he is a monster with that cat.

you also shouldnt worry about having 2 warriors because i think they have one of the most favorable playoff schedules.
#doorgek
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#5 » by sweet_jesus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Noah's value drops with a healthy Rose. It's a fair deal but Klay has the slight advantage with a better playoff schedule.

Unless you think Rose is going fall apart and give Noah top 20 value for the third year in a row.
arbenchong
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#6 » by arbenchong » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:02 am

Doormatt wrote:
rocketsballin wrote:definitely. noah's numbers will go down with pau and gibson off the bench wont help. warriors need klay to have another good season and he wants a max so he should have a career year. do thsi trade before the other guy finds out he's getting ripeed off lol

anyways, noah has never been a high usage player so the presence of pau/gibson doesnt effect his value much at all really. he will still rebound and block like a monster while getting good assist numbers for a big man. if you feel you can stand to lose the threes/points that klay gives you then its a good trade. noah was top 4 in offensive rebounds last season so he is a monster with that cat.

you also shouldnt worry about having 2 warriors because i think they have one of the most favorable playoff schedules.

I talked to the other GM and he liked my counter offer of Joakim Noah and Aaron Afflalo vs Klay Thompson and Patrick Beverly. So i would not lose entirely 3 pointers. Good move?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#7 » by Doormatt » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:56 am

arbenchong wrote:
Doormatt wrote:

I talked to the other GM and he liked my counter offer of Joakim Noah and Aaron Afflalo vs Klay Thompson and Patrick Beverly. So i would not lose entirely 3 pointers. Good move?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

It's not bad if u think Noah will help your team more than Klay. It's fair value.
#doorgek

Return to Fantasy Basketball