Have Both Westbrook and Durant In My Fantasy Team

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Have Both Westbrook and Durant In My Fantasy Team 

Post#1 » by BJGOAT3 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 4:04 pm

I am thinking of maybe trading Westbrook+bum for Jeff Teague + Batum, would I regret it heavily later on? 12 team H2H league with top6 getting into playoffs, I am in serious jeopardy of missing it.

Rest of the team consists of Dwight-Noel-Lawson-R.Anderson-Asik-Beverley-Gallinari-TonyAllen-MKG-Norris Cole-John Henson-Steven Adams

So my talent pool is mostly rebounds+steals+blocks and hopefully %FG. I also have Beal down with injury :D

What do you guys think I should do?

Edit: I hope to get some assist and 3pt boosts, the same team that I am planning the trade with has Dragic and Parsons on the team.

Another possible candidate has Klay and Bledsoe but it is near impossible to get both of them without giving Lawson as well, knowing the owner of that team.

A third possible combination is Wall+Korver, but I probably would have to add in considerably more.

I can target Rondo+Isiah Thomas/Conley from another team, can be a possible trade partner because he wants to get better talent, but put himself in danger of missing playoffs with this trade. Don't think it is feasible.

Finally I can target Lowry+Kevin Martin, this owner lacks assists as well so he is unlikely to be persuaded.
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Re: Have Both Westbrook and Durant In My Fantasy Team 

Post#2 » by sweet_jesus » Mon Nov 3, 2014 5:35 am

I would say if you are going to gamble away talent for a short term boost at least look big picture and get guys with better playoff schedules than Westbrook. That way the help you get now in return will still payoff down the line. Hopefully offsetting the loss of having to give up on Westbrook because of one month of games.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:42 pm

Keep them both and punt points and maybe assists while they are out. Use your waivers to focus on cats those guys didn't help as much in. If it is a 9 cat league then you can probably now win turnovers, but if you focus on blocks, rebounds, fg%, to's, then that is four categories you can win every week.

But I guess it largely depends on whether or not you get points each week for winning categories, or if there is on winner that gets one win and another that gets one loss. If that's the case, it might be tougher.

With those two out, I don't know if you can focus on winning all the categories or it could hurt.
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#4 » by BJGOAT3 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks guys, I took your approach and decided to stay put with both. I am doing long term moves to best utilise them when they come back.

I may trade Westbrook for Chris Paul once Durant comes back though :D Paul's owner is padding in assists and needs desperate scoring.

Return to Fantasy Basketball