Trade Deadline Fantasy Implications

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

bmann626
Senior
And1: 456

Trade Deadline Fantasy Implications 

Post#1 » by bmann626 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:45 pm

I play in a 12 person daily 9-cat league and I can tell you with all of the moves that just went down, my Utility players just took a huge hit. I managed to claim Whiteside and DJ Augustine off waivers and they have been a awesome injection for me. With the Pistons moving DJ Augustine to the Thunder he is basically now useless after putting up 20pt 10ast games in the last few weeks.

My question to you is with all of the trades that just happened Im sure there are other people in my boat that got screwed because their diamond in the rough waiver moves just hit the graveyard, who just earned a lot of playing time and would be a good pick up? I guess Im asking what backups are now going to either get starter mins or recieve larger roles due to all of the trades. After the MCW trade who is now playing PG for the 76ers? lol Who are you rushing to the waivers to grab?
AwkwardDuck
Banned User
And1: 934

Re: Trade Deadline Fantasy Implications 

Post#2 » by AwkwardDuck » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 am

Very good thread. Was thinking the same thing. My team is set, I just am looking for that waiver wire pickup that is gonna explode with his new role.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#3 » by Kabookalu » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:35 am

I'm so happy some guy offered me his Kawhi Leonard for my Brandon Knight when Leonard was down for a long time.

Looking at my transaction trends Isaiah Canaan has been picked up by nearly 20 000 people. He's perfect for lineups that punts assists, that is if he doesn't flounder without James Harden to eat away defensive attention.

On the bright side of Whiteside, here's hoping that he'll get a ton of easy baskets because of Dragic.
Read on Twitter
Alswank87
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#4 » by Alswank87 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:45 am

My team got screwed in so many ways over the break, so here is how I am using the trade deadline to hopefully address the issues caused by my team.

1. Jared Sullinger went down and is probably done until Atleast the fantasy playoffs, maybe out for the year. I picked up Enes Kanter because I feel like he has a golden opportunity in OKC and should give me rebounds and points.

2. DJ Augustin went from being one of the better PGs in fantasy basketball to someone who is not even roster worthy. I picked up Isaiah Canaan to take his place. I think he can provide in the same categories that Augustin did. He won't get as many points or assists, but it think he could provide a similar amount of threes and maybe even more steals.

3. Jrue Holiday reaggrivated his injur, so I got sick of waiting for him to get healthy and am moving on. I picked up Bogut in hopes of his minutes increasing. I am also keeping an eye on Javale McGee who I think could get some burn on philly and attempting to trade for Rudy Gobert.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#5 » by tribulations » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:51 am

Canaan was the pony to bet on it seems, too slow in my league.

I thought maybe McGee might get some burn in Philly but whispers are he will get waived and I think if memory serves he is kind of banged up anyway, so wouldn't expect to play many minutes in a Sixers uni.

I'm glad I traded Sullinger for Dragic mid year - dividends coming.

Kanter was putting up numbers and production should increase.

With Singler and Jerebko out of Detroit, who is going to pick up these minutes - Prince?
Alswank87
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#6 » by Alswank87 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:11 am

Someone from the celtics front court rotation might benefit from Sullinger being out. However, the coach there makes it tough to bet on anyone. It could be seller, bass, or olynyk. Someone is going to have to grab rebounds and score from the post in that group.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#7 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:40 am

Rudy Gobert
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
nam
Senior
And1: 35

Post#8 » by nam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:02 am

For deep leagues I think guys like Gallinari (who is now starting) and Dudley are decent picks for now
Isiah Canaan as well who is starting for Philly.

Anyone have any other suggestions for deep leagues in the FA pool?
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#9 » by The Penguin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:00 pm

nam wrote:For deep leagues I think guys like Gallinari (who is now starting) and Dudley are decent picks for now
Isiah Canaan as well who is starting for Philly.

Anyone have any other suggestions for deep leagues in the FA pool?

Alex Len is available in my league so I picked him up. It sounds like Phoenix is going to play their younger guys and with Plumlee gone there should be plenty of time for Len.

The Knicks situation deserves monitoring with Melo done for the year. Either someone is going to up their scoring or they are going to score 70 points per game.
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Post#10 » by Axel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:43 pm

My fantasy team 12 team league was wrecked over the ASB-trade deadline. DJ Augustin is once again in worthless role, so I cut him for Canaan but I'll be happy if he returns 70% of DJ's value. Chris Bosh - done for the season with blood clots in the lungs. Still holding onto Afflalo, but he was a borderline cut in 12 team leagues as it was, don't see him producing as much in Portland. The ONLY positive for me is Kanter being shipped out of UTAH opens up more PT for Gobert.

Still, I have no idea who to pick up to replace Bosh and Afflalo's production. Not to mention I was stashing Terrence Jones prior to ASB.

Ugh.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#11 » by El Turco » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:06 pm

yeah i have augustin, afflalo, kanter on my team. kanter might keep his value, but augustin particularly hurt as i traded away lawson thinking augustin would replace most of his assist production. jack might lose his starting job to boot.

then in another league i lost my top 2 picks within days of each other in melo and bosh, plus augustin. would've had a good chance to win the league even without melo but losing bosh probably going to be too much.

i think danilo is a good one to take a chance on, he was heating up before the trades. wouldnt pick up canaan unless you are punting fg and turnovers, his efficiency going to be even worse than mcw and wroten. keep an eye on bayless as well, he is going to have good value until mcw comes back and might even start if mcw struggles to adjust.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Post#12 » by Axel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 am

El Turco wrote:yeah i have augustin, afflalo, kanter on my team. kanter might keep his value, but augustin particularly hurt as i traded away lawson thinking augustin would replace most of his assist production. jack might lose his starting job to boot.

then in another league i lost my top 2 picks within days of each other in melo and bosh, plus augustin. would've had a good chance to win the league even without melo but losing bosh probably going to be too much.

i think danilo is a good one to take a chance on, he was heating up before the trades. wouldnt pick up canaan unless you are punting fg and turnovers, his efficiency going to be even worse than mcw and wroten. keep an eye on bayless as well, he is going to have good value until mcw comes back and might even start if mcw struggles to adjust.

Well, its looking like Terrence Jones is rounding into form at just the perfect time given Bosh's injury. I did expect inefficiency from Canaan, though, so I may keep him benched depending on the matchup. Couldn't be much worse than KCP who is also on my wire.

Return to Fantasy Basketball