Who are the top 3 keepers here?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Who are the top 3 keepers here? 

Post#1 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Hey, as this season comes to a close I am wondering who should be my keepers for next year

Yahoo 12 team league, everyone gets 3 keepers

My team
Beverly
Clarkson

Gallanari
Jeff green
Parsons
Hayward
Jimmy butler
Durant

Anthony Davis
Marc gasol
Tyson chandler
Mozgov
Asik

Clearly Durant and Davis are two but who would you pick as your last keeper between Marc gasol, Hayward, parsons or jimmy butler.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: Who are the top 3 keepers here? 

Post#2 » by truth18 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:01 am

Butler, Gasol, Durant, drop Davis. If you insist on keeping Davis, Gasol.
YOU LOSE
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#3 » by rocketsballin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:48 pm

drop davis? :crazy:

davis is in a class of his own in this season's fantasy ball. keep davis, then pick 2 of gasol, durant and butler. durant would be a no brainer but after this season a lot of fantasy palyers will see him as a risk.

i would bank on durant not having another freakish injury prone season and go with davis, durant and gasol. getting quality bigs who can block shots isnt easy. butler will improve but i dont think he'll do anything crazy fantasy wise.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#4 » by Doormatt » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 am

truth18 wrote:Butler, Gasol, Durant, drop Davis. If you insist on keeping Davis, Gasol.

surely youre joking, right? anthony davis is on his way to being the GOAT fantasy player, his defensive stats are insane. He was the clear cut #1 player this season, why on earth would you drop him?

as for who you should keep outside of durant/davis, id say its a hard one since Butler obviously overachieved in a contract year putting up top 10 value, but hes still gonna be an incredibly valuable player going forward. if butler wasnt on the bulls id say hes an easy keeper, but Thibs just wears his players out and this is the second season in a row butler has led the league in minutes and gotten injured as a result. if u wanna play it safe go gasol but if you wanna gamble then butler is your man.
#doorgek
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#5 » by El Turco » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:31 pm

davis is not the clear cut no.1, in standard leagues he is the 3rd most valuable player since he missed so many games. though i agree it would be dumb to drop him.

hayward. you'll likely lead points/rebounds/blocks with davis/durant as long as you dont completely blow your mid round picks, with hayward you have some assists and 3s as well. plus he will be the first option on offense for the forseeable future.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#6 » by Doormatt » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:39 pm

El Turco wrote:davis is not the clear cut no.1, in standard leagues he is the 3rd most valuable player since he missed so many games. though i agree it would be dumb to drop him.

hayward. you'll likely lead points/rebounds/blocks with davis/durant as long as you dont completely blow your mid round picks, with hayward you have some assists and 3s as well. plus he will be the first option on offense for the forseeable future.

nah i dont think so, the gap between him and curry is larger than the gap between curry and harden, and 13 missed games doesnt make that less valuable. literally all that matters is if hes healthy for the playoffs, which he is. hes clearly the #1 player.

#doorgek
El Turco

Post#7 » by El Turco » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:16 am

Those are per game numbers, which means nothing, unless you really think durant has been the 4th best player.And davis missed games just last week when playoffs started in all yahoo leagues.

He is best when he is on the floor but lets not act like there is not a high injury risk attached to him.

Doormatt
RealGM

Post#8 » by Doormatt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:28 am

obviously they are per game, which was my point. his per game value is far and away the best. yes there is no an injury risk, but hes still been the most valuable player this season, i dont think anyone would argue that.
#doorgek
El Turco

Post#9 » by El Turco » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:10 am

Again, ask kevin durant owners what good per game numbers did to them. Over the course of season there have been 2 produced more than davis. this is not really an argument, every fantasy league provides you this stat.

sngm
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#10 » by sngm » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Doormatt wrote:
El Turco wrote:davis is not the clear cut no.1, in standard leagues he is the 3rd most valuable player since he missed so many games. though i agree it would be dumb to drop him.

nah i dont think so, the gap between him and curry is larger than the gap between curry and harden, and 13 missed games doesnt make that less valuable. literally all that matters is if hes healthy for the playoffs, which he is. hes clearly the #1 player.

which websute did you use for that stats?
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#11 » by Doormatt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:59 pm

El Turco wrote:Again, ask kevin durant owners what good per game numbers did to them. Over the course of season there have been 2 produced more than davis. this is not really an argument, every fantasy league provides you this stat.

lol, kevin durant played 27 games, davis more than twice that, dont even try that bs.

the value of missing 13 games, unless a majority of them are playoff games, does not make up for the difference between davis and harden/curry. only way i could take the other 2 is if the rest of your team is really, really **** and you need those games to make the playoffs - but i would consider that a unique circumstance.
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#12 » by Doormatt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:01 am

sngm wrote:
Doormatt wrote:

which websute did you use for that stats?

basketball monster
#doorgek
El Turco

Post#13 » by El Turco » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:02 am

Doormatt wrote:
El Turco wrote:Again, ask kevin durant owners what good per game numbers did to them. Over the course of season there have been 2 produced more than davis. this is not really an argument, every fantasy league provides you this stat.

lol, kevin durant played 27 games, davis more than twice that, dont even try that bs.

the value of missing 13 games, unless a majority of them are playoff games, does not make up for the difference between davis and harden/curry. only way i could take the other 2 is if the rest of your team is really, really **** and you need those games to make the playoffs - but i would consider that a unique circumstance.

sounds like your username is an euphemism for your fantasy basketball performance

Doormatt
RealGM

Post#14 » by Doormatt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 am

El Turco wrote:
Doormatt wrote:

sounds like your username is an euphemism for your fantasy basketball performance

dank bro
#doorgek
CaptainAwesome
Senior
And1: 83

Re: Re: Who are the top 3 keepers here? 

Post#15 » by CaptainAwesome » Mon May 25, 2015 2:10 am

I'm willing to roll with Durant in a keeper/dynasty league. The procedure he had this time around - while with a substantial recovery time - has a very high likelihood of success. Stephania Bell has a good writeup about it on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/stephania-bell/post/_/id/3070/prognosis-good-on-kevin-durants-foot

Return to Fantasy Basketball