Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,139

Simulated (non-NBA) pro basketball league 

Post#1 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:21 pm

Fellas,

I have a team in a long-running (~20 years) online simulated pro basketball game that is looking for additional owners. We don't use NBA players; the players actually come from a similar college basketball simulation. (So it's even more make-believe than your standard fantasy sports game! But at 44, I'm too old to get made fun of for doing something dorky.)

Each coach/owner gets a pro team and what's basically a G-league team (24 players total). You draft, train monthly, sign free agents, etc. Games run Mon-Sat and we get through about 3 full seasons in a calendar year. (One of the things that originally drew me to the game was being able to play it during the NBA offseason.) Not a crazy time commitment. Hey, I've got 2 kids under 3, a crazy dog and a full-time job.

It's free to try out for a season and then there's a very nominal fee to play ($5-10), although nobody who wants to play wouldn't be allowed to play.

It's fun. Good group of guys and a nice, responsive commish (the guy who wrote the game engine).

We've got a few openings. The regular season just ended and the draft isn't for another 5 weeks, so there's plenty of time to get up to speed. I guess if someone joined now they could start coaching right away (there are consolation playoffs that run concurrently with the real playoffs).

PM me if you're interested and I can tell you more about it, including which available teams have the highest upside.

Return to Fantasy Basketball