Rate my team and I'll rate yours!!

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Rate my team and I'll rate yours!! 

Post#1 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:46 am

Please offer any advice or input on my team. I'm in a money league with 8 teams H2H normal yahoo scoring per each statistic.

Here's how I drafted. I had the second position by the way and we did it in snake style also.

Chris Paul
Allen Iverson
Steve Nash
Elton Brand
Vince Carter
Tyson Chandler
Mike Miller
Charlie Villanueva
Peja Stojakovic
Al Thornton
Dalembert
Hakim Warrick
Nick Collison
Rafer Alston
*Tyrus Thomas

*Originally I drafted Anthony Parker but I just dropped him to pick up Tyrus Thomas just because he's been going crazy in the pre season and AP only really gave me threes which I am pretty confident that I have that category pretty locked up. I think I need more help on blocks and rebounds so I picked up TT. Any info on this guy? Is he going to start? Because he's been starting over Noah in pre season and is putting up some good stats.

Also, what do you guys think of my team? I drafted pretty well from 1-5. I really wanted to get Charlie V and Thornton as they were my sleepers going into this draft. I just have a feeling that they are going to blow up this year so I kind of drafted them earlier than I should of. I also think Warrick is going to have a good year also. Any input on my team? Do you guys see any categories that I should focus on? Should I drop any of these players? What about Tyrus Thomas is he a good pick to have? Any help would be appreciated as this is a 150 dollar/team league. I'll help you on your teams if you help me on mine!.

Thanks in advance.
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Re: Rate my team and I'll rate yours!! 

Post#2 » by Kosta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:33 am

You're right that your top picks are awesome. And yeah, C.V has looked great so far and Thornton is also looking like he's going to have a big year. The bottom of your line-up is where it gets a little shaky for me, in particular with Warrick/Alston/Thomas. Hakim seems like a reach for an 8 team league, but maybe that's just me. Tyrus is a gamble that may or may not pay off for you. Could you list some of the better F.A's still on the wire in your league?
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#3 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 am

Kosta wrote:You're right that your top picks are awesome. And yeah, C.V has looked great so far and Thornton is also looking like he's going to have a big year. The bottom of your line-up is where it gets a little shaky for me, in particular with Warrick/Alston/Thomas. Hakim seems like a reach for an 8 team league, but maybe that's just me. Tyrus is a gamble that may or may not pay off for you. Could you list some of the better F.A's still on the wire in your league?

Sure. Here's a hand-full of guys that are available on my waiver wire.

Francisco Garcia
Derek Fisher
Grant Hill
Tayshaun
Anthony Carter
Marvin Williams
Cuttino
Deshawn Stevensen
Raja Bell
Posey
Farmar
Kleiza
Nocioni
Blake
Battier
Ridnour
Antonio Daniels
Thaddeus Young
Nate Robinson
Louis Williams
Martell Webster
Pietrus
Larry Hughes

Here's a list of big guys:

Bendan Haywood
Mcdyess
Jeff Foster
Milsap
Blatche
Kendrick Perkins
Dampier
Mikki Moore
Chuck Hayes
Turiaf
Scola
Ben Wallace
Rasho
Tim Thomas
Oberto
Joakim Noah
Udonis
Nazr
Brandon Bass
Pryzbilla
Bargnani
Sean Williams

Do you think I need help on any particular stat?? I thought I needed more help on blocks and steals so I went with TT. Although it's an 8 team league, it's still a 15 man team. What do you think??
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Kosta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:31 am

I would snag Thad Young asap, just my opinion though. He's starting for the Sixers and is looking solid. Dropping Warrick for Thad is a great move I think. I personally prefer Noah over Thomas also, Noah should get more minutes when the regular season starts. As for Alston, 'Cisco Garcia is an option, but that's a tough one.
darobster17
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by darobster17 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:50 am

For the bigs, I'd go with Blatche or Perkins...I think you've got to pick up Tayshaun Prince asap imo. Thaddeus Young is projected to put up better #'s but he might not be as consistent as Prince. Tyrus Thomas could be the Bad Ron Artest 2.0

I think you're stacked at the PG position with CP3 and Nash...Thornton I think will even put up better #'s with Baron as their PG.

Return to Fantasy Basketball