OT: Fantasy advise... is this a good trade?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

OT: Fantasy advise... is this a good trade? 

Post#1 » by The Force. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:09 pm

I'm in a head-to-head league but it's a little different in that the league will span over the course of 3-4 years as opposed to just 1 year. So the development and anticipation of young guys is VERY important.

with that said.

I'm thinking about trading Tim Duncan & Boobie Gibson for Zach Randolph and DJ Augustine. Both Boobie & Augustine are bench players on each of our teams. He has AI as his starting point, while my starting point is Rondo. I'm assuming Rondo's stats will increase this year (as they have the past 2 years) but I feel like he won't provide me w/ enough assts over time (my only other guard is Iggy @ the moment).

I guess the main question would be, do you guys feel like Zach is gonna put up 20 ppg in NY with D'antoni's system? and also, do you guys feel Augustine will put up better numbers than Rondo by next year?
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Re: OT: Fantasy advise... is this a good trade? 

Post#2 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:59 pm

i dont know much about fantasy basketball..
but i think tim duncan is a better player in a wheel chair than zach randolph will ever be.

and no i dont think ZBo will put up 20ppg..he'll prolly get benched if you ask me

TD still has a good 3 years left id say at a high level. and Augustine blows.
anyways, again, i dont know anything about fantasy bball..
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,521

Post#3 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Don't do it, and here's why.

Augustine and Boobie are throw-aways. Neither will give you much this season. It doesn't matter that it's a keeper-league, because you won't want to keep either of them.

Duncan is old, and Randolph will have a good season under D'Antoni, I think. But an old Duncan is still better than an optimal Randolph b/c the former gives you blocks, assists and center eligibility. 3 or 4 years from now, who knows. Duncan will almost certainly be retired, but a post-prime Randolph is just as likely to be buried on some team's bench. Both are immediate-impact players, and right now, Duncan gives you more.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#4 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Would rather have Duncan because of:
1. Center Eligibility
2. Can Block Shots
3. Can shoot high percentage
4. More likely to not be benched
5. Higher 1-1 trade value
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#5 » by The Force. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 pm

true, I guess getting rid of Duncan wouldn't be the best idea..
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#6 » by Neusch23 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm

first off, in fantasy basketball the 2 easiest cats to score in are points and rebounds. The tough ones are 3's, steals, and blocks.

Based off of this, since duncan gets good blocks, he is much more valuable. However, he is a fairly poor FT shooter, and if FT% is one of your scoring cats, and he is your only bad FT shooter, he will bring down your %.

With out seeing your whole team, I can't fully comment, however, I wouldn't make that trade.

Return to Fantasy Basketball