Rasheed Wallace Help

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Revann22
Junior
And1: 0

Rasheed Wallace Help 

Post#1 » by Revann22 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:35 pm

What do you all think about Sheed this year? Im a little iffy about him, but unfortunately I drafted him and not sure what to do with him. I have a team in need of a C and I think i could get brandon Roy or Andre Miller for him

My team:

AI
AI2
ROnnie Brewer
Granger
Sheed
Kenyon Martin
Biedrins
Hawes
Jeff Green
Barnes
RIdnour
D. Rose
AMir johnson

I am really weak in the 3 point, scoring and assists Cats....would gettin Roy help more than Sheed?

THanks for the help
foilfence
Junior
And1: 47

Re: Rasheed Wallace Help 

Post#2 » by foilfence » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:04 am

Try to get more for Roy right now as he's struggling. Package one of your other players to get someone along with Roy.
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#3 » by Godmoney » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Struggling? Based on what? One game where he started out shooting poorly?

If you can get Roy for Sheed click accept before the other guy comes to his senses. Sheed is playing less and less every year and the Pistons finally have some decent young bigs than can spell 'Sheed. I'd trade him for Dre, too, depending on team needs, but that is more of a lateral move. If you can get Roy go for it, absolutely.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:No need to pay attention to ignormous maximus.

HUMBLEBUM: Make a new account and PM me.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#4 » by NetsForce » Sat Nov 1, 2008 12:01 am

Look all you should expect from Sheed at this point in his career are a trey or two a game and a shade under 2 blocks per game.

The dude won't beast on on the boards are fill up the stat sheet much outside of those two categories I listed.
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#5 » by freakon0mics » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:34 pm

A guy in my league dropped Sheed. I picked him up just for bench purposes. I agree with NetsForce. Sheed is only going to give you one three pointer a game, a few boards, and maybe luck out with a block. He's 34 years old. I see them giving huge minutes to Maxiell early on to keep Sheed fresh for the playoffs.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#6 » by shawngoat23 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 11:03 am

How do you like Sheed now after that monster game?

He'll give you the tough stats--treys, blocks, and steals, with low TOs and good FTs from a big men. Any points and rebounds he gets are gravy, and the only real complaint is his low FG%. He's C-eligible so everything you want.

That said, while he's an elite roto option, he's not that great head-to-head, because he doesn't let you dominate any categories, and moreover, he might rest up at the end of the season during playoff time. But he's not a bench player--he's one of the best options available at C.
penbeast0 wrote:Yes, he did. And as a mod, I can't even put him on ignore . . . sigh.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#7 » by G35 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 1:33 pm

shawngoat23 wrote:How do you like Sheed now after that monster game?

He'll give you the tough stats--treys, blocks, and steals, with low TOs and good FTs from a big men. Any points and rebounds he gets are gravy, and the only real complaint is his low FG%. He's C-eligible so everything you want.

That said, while he's an elite roto option, he's not that great head-to-head, because he doesn't let you dominate any categories, and moreover, he might rest up at the end of the season during playoff time. But he's not a bench player--he's one of the best options available at C.

I have him in most of my roto leagues based off just what you said......
I'm so tired of the typical......

Return to Fantasy Basketball