Some trade questions...

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Some trade questions... 

Post#1 » by NetsForce » Fri Dec 4, 2009 12:16 am

Okay so for real this time, this is the thread I'm going to update for the rest of the season whenever I have a question pertaining to my 1 fantasy basketball team :lol:

===

Game Type: H2H
Teams: 16
Roster Size: 10
Roster Positions: PG-SG-G-SF-PF-F-C-UTIL-BN-BN

===

Roster:
Jason Terry
Mike Dunleavy
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Durant
Josh Smith
Andrea Bargnani
Chris Andersen
Mario Chalmers
Brendan Haywood
Roy Hibbert

===

===

So now onto my question... Would it be smart for me to try and pair Iguodala and Hibbert for another big-time scorer / rebounder?*

This would essentially mean I'd be tanking assists but given that I don't have a legitimate point guard I'm wondering if it would be better to trade away my assists to strengthen one or more of the cats I am moderately good in such as 3PTM / PTS / REB.

*This was also the team where I was asking whether I should trade Bargnani for Marc Gasol, I ultimately held off from even offering that trade (not sure if it would have been accepted) since like I hinted at above I'm not sure if I should keep my team diversified or try putting all of my eggs in a couple of baskets.

Any input is appreciated.

===

*Note: I'm thinking real big at first in that I'll try to acquire a Dirk or Granger, but if those two are a no-go any other suggestions?

*There is quite a bit of HIbbert insurance on the waiver wire (Dampier, Varejao, etc.), on that note any thoughts on Varejao vs. Chris Andersen?
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Re: Some trade questions... 

Post#2 » by Serge28 » Fri Dec 4, 2009 12:44 am

I'd drop Hibbert and pick up Dampier like NOW. Then I'd wait a week for Dampier to put up some more 10/15 lines and THEN try to package him with AI.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,559

Post#3 » by 76ciology » Fri Dec 4, 2009 4:51 am

NetsForce wrote:
So now onto my question... Would it be smart for me to try and pair Iguodala and Hibbert for another big-time scorer / rebounder?*

This would essentially mean I'd be tanking assists but given that I don't have a legitimate point guard I'm wondering if it would be better to trade away my assists to strengthen one or more of the cats I am moderately good in such as 3PTM / PTS / REB.

*This was also the team where I was asking whether I should trade Bargnani for Marc Gasol, I ultimately held off from even offering that trade (not sure if it would have been accepted) since like I hinted at above I'm not sure if I should keep my team diversified or try putting all of my eggs in a couple of baskets.

Any input is appreciated.

===

*Note: I'm thinking real big at first in that I'll try to acquire a Dirk or Granger, but if those two are a no-go any other suggestions?

*There is quite a bit of HIbbert insurance on the waiver wire (Dampier, Varejao, etc.), on that note any thoughts on Varejao vs. Chris Andersen?

There are threes categories that I would tank for your team. It's, TOs, FT% and assists. FT% because your team's success has relied so much on Josh Smith and his low FT% is something you have to live with. And with assists, it's pretty obvious that this is your team's weakness since you don't have a top 50-70 PG on your team.

Looking at your team this is what I'm going to do:

First of all, go get Dampier over Hibbert and not with Andersen. You don't want the guy with 2nd in blocks get a 1.8bpg player in Andersen. :D

Then go trade Iggy with his assists and low FG% for a guy like Pierce, Gordon, J-rich, and Morrow (, not necessarily one on one trades; In that order). Steve Nash would be perfect. He could help you sustain your assists numbers while improving your 3pts and FG%. Although he's steals is a drop off from Iggy.

Another thing you need to explore is a Mike Dunleavy for Rudy Fernandez trade. Rudy's been a good source of 3pt made and steals this season.

If you'd be able to do all these, there's high probability that you would be able to win 6 out of 9 categories every week.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#4 » by NetsForce » Fri Dec 4, 2009 5:31 am

^ What makes me sad is that I drafted both Morrow and Fernandez ^

I don't regret dropping Fernandez, but boy do I look like a complete idiot for dropping Morrow now. I will consider some of what you said.

Also is the whole team stats image I posted appearing for everyone, or is it just one line of stats? I re-uploaded it and am getting the same problem but my internet is running like Eddy Curry right now, so the problem might be there...
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#5 » by NetsForce » Sat Dec 5, 2009 4:53 am

So here's the deal. Every week I feel like I'm pretty close in rebounds and steals it could go either way, a W or L, I'm dropping Hibbert now so Millsap, Dampier, or Varejao? (Varejao has 4 games next week =\)

Fernandez was also dropped so I'll continue to monitor him but I'm not ready to commit to picking him up given his poor play as of late.

edit:

I ended up going Dampier. Though I have my eyes on a couple of other players just in case...
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#6 » by andonewheel » Sat Dec 5, 2009 9:51 am

I don't think you're bad enough at FT% to tank there, you should still be able to win that category sometimes, especially if you can bench your worse shooters if you have a comfortable lead in other categories at the end of the week OR you just trade Haywood for somebody like Love who has a higher ft% and slightly fewer blks which you should be able to handle. Tanking a category is a good idea at times, but keep in mind, you do not get any points for successfully tanking. The goal isn't to get as low in one category as possible, it is to win more categories.

As far as trading Iguodala, it sounds good if you can get a Granger or Dirk, but I doubt you'll be able to get them. It all depends on who you can get in return. Tanking assists could help you out though, but try to get someone who is a major help in multiple categories you need.

Return to Fantasy Basketball