Cap jump affect on rookie scale

Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Cap jump affect on rookie scale 

Post#1 » by Amish Mafioso » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:12 pm

Ok, so I'm not quite sure if the rookie scale will increase with cap jump, or if it will remain the same until the next CBA. My instinct is that it won't change until the next CBA, but I'm not certain. Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Re: Cap jump affect on rookie scale 

Post#2 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:56 pm

It remains the same.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#3 » by Smitty731 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 12:09 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:It remains the same.

This is correct. The Rookie Scale will stay as is until the next negotiation of the CBA. Same with Exceptions and the Minimum Scale. What will change is the amount of Maximum Contracts. They are a direct relation to the increase coming.
Amish Mafioso
Banned User

Post#4 » by Amish Mafioso » Sat Apr 4, 2015 1:34 am

Smitty731 wrote:What will change is the amount of Maximum Contracts. They are a direct relation to the increase coming.

Thanks, that's bonus info that I would have probably assumed wrong. Is that somehow written into the CBA? I would have assumed that would also stay the same. I guess it's time for me to do a complete read through of LC's faq again.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 1:38 am

Amish Mafioso wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:What will change is the amount of Maximum Contracts. They are a direct relation to the increase coming.

Thanks, that's bonus info that I would have probably assumed wrong. Is that somehow written into the CBA? I would have assumed that would also stay the same. I guess it's time for me to do a complete read through of LC's faq again.

It is in both. In the FAQ, you want to read questions #16 and #17.
Amish Mafioso
Banned User

Post#6 » by Amish Mafioso » Sat Apr 4, 2015 2:19 am

Smitty731 wrote:
Amish Mafioso wrote:

Thanks, man. I trust the posters in this forum more than elsewhere, but when I have questions, I'm mostly looking for someone to point me to info I can read for myself. Thanks again.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Smitty731 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 2:28 am

Amish Mafioso wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
Amish Mafioso wrote:

Thanks, man. I trust the posters in this forum more than elsewhere, but when I have questions, I'm mostly looking for someone to point me to info I can read for myself. Thanks again.

That is how I learned (and keep learning!) myself. I've read the FAQ from top to bottom more time than I can count. I started reading the actual CBA over the last year plus. Take it from me that the FAQ is far easier to follow, despite being slightly confusing at times.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#8 » by Sixerscan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:18 am

Even though it's technically locked in until 2019 or whatever, I would be somewhat surprised if this wasn't renegotiated during the next CBA. Seems fairly ridiculous that the #1 overall pick could take up only ~5% of the cap in a few years. Talk about encouraging tanking...
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,553

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:41 am

Sixerscan wrote:Even though it's technically locked in until 2019 or whatever, I would be somewhat surprised if this wasn't renegotiated during the next CBA. Seems fairly ridiculous that the #1 overall pick could take up only ~5% of the cap in a few years. Talk about encouraging tanking...

I wouldn't count on this players union taking too hard of a stand that more money should go to younger players and not to vets, but some adjustment would certainly make sense.

Return to CBA & Business