Does anyone else get hit with malware when browsing this forum on their phone?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Re: OT: Does anyone else get hit with malware when browsing this forum on their phone? 

Post#21 » by RememberLu » Mon May 7, 2018 5:06 pm

CBS7 wrote:
kodo wrote:odd not having this problem on my iphone.

How are people browsing, via app or browser? I'm using the latest safari, no pop-ups.

chrome on android

Same. It probably doesn't affect iPhones
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,815

Re: OT: Does anyone else get hit with malware when browsing this forum on their phone? 

Post#22 » by DuckIII » Mon May 7, 2018 5:10 pm

RememberLu wrote:
CBS7 wrote:
kodo wrote:odd not having this problem on my iphone.

How are people browsing, via app or browser? I'm using the latest safari, no pop-ups.

chrome on android

Same. It probably doesn't affect iPhones

It does.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#23 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon May 7, 2018 5:19 pm

yes and yes its annoying the friggen crap out of me, is this being addressed? and as in NOW?

because honestly its going to drive people away. it took me a bit to figure out it was realgm related as well but it most def is.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,573

Post#24 » by mj234eva » Mon May 7, 2018 6:10 pm

Use to happen all the time, but I have an effective mobile ad blocker.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 484

Post#25 » by SlimD235 » Mon May 7, 2018 6:20 pm

mj234eva wrote:Use to happen all the time, but I have an effective mobile ad blocker.

Which one
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,341

Post#26 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon May 7, 2018 6:26 pm

I’ve erased browsing history and restarted my iPhone problem went away.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,573

Post#27 » by mj234eva » Mon May 7, 2018 6:38 pm

SlimD235 wrote:
mj234eva wrote:Use to happen all the time, but I have an effective mobile ad blocker.

Which one

Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet.

They allow you to use up to 5 different blockers (simultaneously), too. But I am currently only using that one.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#28 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 7, 2018 7:10 pm

I downloaded adblocker when this was happening a few years back. Haven't had issues since.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,461

Post#29 » by samwana » Mon May 7, 2018 7:22 pm

Ghostery is a pretty good browser too, but I don't use it for realgm. I use the realgm app even though I still can't see the tweets that are posted. That's not as annoying as popup ads though
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,033

Post#30 » by Dominator83 » Mon May 7, 2018 9:26 pm

Over the past few days its been annoying as crap. But glad to know that its not my phone or browser

Ive mostly been getting hit with the "your phone is currently 28.1% damaged due to 4 viruses"!!
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,033

Post#31 » by Dominator83 » Mon May 7, 2018 9:37 pm

RememberLu wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:I've been having the same problems....been busy and tried to use my phone and it keeps going to this ad nonsense and takes over the browser.

glad I'm not the only one. I understand the need to have ad revenue but can Realgm pick legit advertisers that aren't malware scammers? That's not too much to ask

Especially with how much this site has grown since I joined. You would think they would have better sponsors/advertisers. It would be more tolerable if it atleast pooped up in a closeable window. Instead you have to completely exit the browser. Twice its happened when i was in the middle of writing a post, which i then had to rewrite from scratch
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,467

Post#32 » by CBS7 » Mon May 7, 2018 9:37 pm

Dominater wrote:Over the past few days its been annoying as crap. But glad to know that its not my phone or browser

Ive mostly been getting hit with the "your phone is currently 28.1% damaged due to 4 viruses"!!

This and being the winner of an Amazon gift card
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,093

Post#33 » by bledredwine » Mon May 7, 2018 10:25 pm

Yep, it’s annoying as hell. It’s been good conditioning for me because now I don’t check realgm all the time like I used to. I go on my phone once every.... week maybe, and never to post. I used to be on it daily. But the malware adds are that annoying, that I just don’t bother. Ironic since I’m using my phone to post for the first time in forever.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#34 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon May 7, 2018 11:24 pm

It's bad.
stepic
Junior
And1: 393

Post#35 » by stepic » Mon May 7, 2018 11:37 pm

I get a pop up redirecting me to the App Store pretty much all the time

It actually literally just happened a second ago reading this thread
Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Post#36 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Tue May 8, 2018 1:29 am

Yes and it just happened when I was reading this thread. Please fix this shilt now
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#37 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue May 8, 2018 4:01 am

Yes it is getting ridiculous. Is Realgm that hard up for revenue or just greedy and don't care what kind crap they let on this site.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#38 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue May 8, 2018 4:53 am

CBS7 wrote:
Dominater wrote:Over the past few days its been annoying as crap. But glad to know that its not my phone or browser

This and being the winner of an Amazon gift card

Ya, I've won like 8 of those now. I'm saving up for one of those 4k tv's. It's going to be pretty awesome!
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#39 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue May 8, 2018 4:53 am

I was having that problem but I got an LG V30 a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had it happen since. I'm not sure if this phone just comes with really good anti malware built-in or what because I haven't installed anything but the app. I probably split my time 50/50 on the site between my phone and my laptop. On my laptop I use Firefox with ad blocker + and I haven't had any issues.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#40 » by Mapelgleaf » Tue May 8, 2018 12:01 pm

It’s not RealGM - it’s a hack. Somehwere in the code there’s maleware injected into the site and that’s why we’re all getting this.

I am getting it on my iPhone - AFTER clearing browser.

These script kiddies have become increasingly annoying. Ugh.
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com

Return to Feedback and Suggestions