Forum Bugs

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Re: Forum Bugs 

Post#161 » by campybatman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I've logged in and out a few times and I no longer get the error message page now.

Thank you.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#162 » by Howard Mass » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:03 am

Thanks for helping out Dream.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
campybatman
Lead Assistant

Post#163 » by campybatman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Ugh. The error page is happening again. I just logged on just now.
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#164 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 pm

I am receiving emails that say that a post has been quoted. If you click the link the post it took me to was not even one that I was quoted in. Is there a way to opt out of notifications?
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#165 » by karkinos » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:10 am

RoundMoundOfRebound wrote:I am receiving emails that say that a post has been quoted. If you click the link the post it took me to was not even one that I was quoted in. Is there a way to opt out of notifications?

same
i also can't find a disable option in the user control panel settings
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#166 » by Dr Aki » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 am

cancer wrote:
RoundMoundOfRebound wrote:I am receiving emails that say that a post has been quoted. If you click the link the post it took me to was not even one that I was quoted in. Is there a way to opt out of notifications?

same
i also can't find a disable option in the user control panel settings

same as well

this hasnt happened in the 4 years before today.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#167 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

User Control Panel/Board preferences/Edit posting defaults/Notify me upon replies by default

Set it to "No".
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#168 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:User Control Panel/Board preferences/Edit posting defaults/Notify me upon replies by default

Set it to "No".

For me, it is set to no, it has been set to no and I started getting them today. So it's not that.

Also, tapatalk ap doesn't seem to work with the site anymore.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#169 » by dream34 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm

The Tapatalk app has been disabled ever since we released our own RealGM version. Search the App Store and Play Store for RealGM.

I apologize for the notification emails over the last couple days. We are working on releasing a new feature and prematurely released part of the code. We have had an option in the UCP for a very long time that allows you to auto-subscribe to threads when you post in them. Subscriptions were never set up, so it never did anything. That's why nobody noticed they enabled it. Yesterday, we began developing the subscriptions out and people started receiving emails for threads they were subscribed to. The email alerts should be disabled now though.

The Quote notification is a completely new feature we are working on. It's been disabled for now as well so you won't be receiving emails. If someone hits the quote button on your post, it will email you when they reply. Some people use that as a "reply" button and delete the quote though, so you would be sent a link to posts that weren't really replies. We are making it smarter so it should look for the [quote] text before sending you the email in the future.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#170 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed May 1, 2013 5:48 pm

dream34 wrote:The Tapatalk app has been disabled ever since we released our own RealGM version. Search the App Store and Play Store for RealGM.

I apologize for the notification emails over the last couple days. We are working on releasing a new feature and prematurely released part of the code. We have had an option in the UCP for a very long time that allows you to auto-subscribe to threads when you post in them. Subscriptions were never set up, so it never did anything. That's why nobody noticed they enabled it. Yesterday, we began developing the subscriptions out and people started receiving emails for threads they were subscribed to. The email alerts should be disabled now though.

The Quote notification is a completely new feature we are working on. It's been disabled for now as well so you won't be receiving emails. If someone hits the quote button on your post, it will email you when they reply. Some people use that as a "reply" button and delete the quote though, so you would be sent a link to posts that weren't really replies. We are making it smarter so it should look for the
text before sending you the email in the future.

thanks Will we be able to choose not to be notified with quoted, and is there a RGM app for blackberry?
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#171 » by dream34 » Wed May 1, 2013 7:30 pm

There are only apps for Android and iOS. We have no plans to look for a BlackBerry or Windows solution yet.
campybatman
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by campybatman » Wed May 1, 2013 8:48 pm

Just now, I've logged in... It appears fine. I reckon this will be an up-and-down problem. That is, some days the site will decide to show me the error page, some days it won't...
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#173 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu May 2, 2013 12:07 pm

Dream, I still find that the notifications are better than going to email, but I still get messages that I've been quoted when I haven't been. I think if someone posts a reply, even if they're quoting someone else, it sends a notification. Maybe the system can't tell who's being quotes and when a user hits post reply and has a quote in their post, the system just assumes the last post was the post being quoted.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#174 » by dream34 » Thu May 2, 2013 1:50 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Dream, I still find that the notifications are better than going to email, but I still get messages that I've been quoted when I haven't been. I think if someone posts a reply, even if they're quoting someone else, it sends a notification. Maybe the system can't tell who's being quotes and when a user hits post reply and has a quote in their post, the system just assumes the last post was the post being quoted.

I think I've found the problem and fixed it.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#175 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu May 2, 2013 2:10 pm

dream34 wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Dream, I still find that the notifications are better than going to email, but I still get messages that I've been quoted when I haven't been. I think if someone posts a reply, even if they're quoting someone else, it sends a notification. Maybe the system can't tell who's being quotes and when a user hits post reply and has a quote in their post, the system just assumes the last post was the post being quoted.

I think I've found the problem and fixed it.

Thanks Dream, btw when you'd mention top posters in a thread, does that mean the posters with the most posts in the thread, or is top poster relevant to the number of and1's a poster has received?
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#176 » by dream34 » Thu May 2, 2013 2:24 pm

It is simply the number of posts a user had made in a thread. And1's aren't being factored in.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,958

Post#177 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2013 7:01 am

Before I was able to click the "PostReply" button and login from there. Then, it will redirect me to the the thread I was going to post in. Now, it redirects me to the index page instead of the thread I was trying to post in.

I'm sure you guys get annoyed by my many suggestions. Sorry in advance.
Free Palestine
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#178 » by boogie-reke » Tue May 7, 2013 9:38 pm

I don't know if it's just me - but when like I enter the "View posts" section - it used to show me in color the old ones I already saw, and the new ones I haven't checked.

Same with regular posts in the GB or w/e.

It shows me now like every post is 'new', even ones I already read - Does anyone else have this problem? It's especially annoying in the "View Your Posts" section.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#179 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue May 7, 2013 10:10 pm

boogie-reke wrote:It shows me now like every post is 'new', even ones I already read - Does anyone else have this problem? It's especially annoying in the "View Your Posts" section.

Most likely you have your Cookies turned off or set your "Days" to keep pages in memory to like (1) depending on your browser. Either that or you are clicking the page number and not the title of the thread. Thus, only the page number is shown as read.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#180 » by john248 » Wed May 8, 2013 2:58 am

boogie-reke wrote:I don't know if it's just me - but when like I enter the "View posts" section - it used to show me in color the old ones I already saw, and the new ones I haven't checked.

Same with regular posts in the GB or w/e.

It shows me now like every post is 'new', even ones I already read - Does anyone else have this problem? It's especially annoying in the "View Your Posts" section.

This is happening to me as well.

Actually after I spend some time on the forum, I click on "mark forum posts read" which should make everything an old post. When I revisit the site, every thread is new or current.
The Last Word

Return to Feedback and Suggestions