Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Re: Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues 

Post#221 » by SMTBSI » Mon Feb 1, 2016 10:56 pm

This is by far the least important bug I will ever report. But, it is a bug, sooo...

There is an unusable emoticon (I am displaying it here using the [/img] tag). First page, fifth from the end: the big, red grinning devil: Image

There are three devil icons on that first page:
The first one is located at http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif, and inserts the code ":evil:" - Image
The second is located at http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/smilies/devil.gif, and inserts ":devil:" - Image
The third is located at http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/smilies/icon__2.gif, and also inserts ":devil:", which then displays the 2nd emoticon - Image not the one you clicked - Image

I haven't been able to identify a code that will actually insert the third devil.
:devil1:
:devil2:
:devil_2:
:devil__2:
:2:
:_2:
:__2:
:icon__2:
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#222 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:58 am

Howard i pm'd you about this

under "My Post"

Not all my post/threads i participated in are showing up. Particularly the off topic threads
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,047

Post#223 » by WolvesGuy14 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:30 pm

Recently, RealGM has come to crawling speed for me. I think it started last week. Any idea why that would be?
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
blindchase
Sophomore
And1: 131

Post#224 » by blindchase » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:57 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:Recently, RealGM has come to crawling speed for me. I think it started last week. Any idea why that would be?

I'm using Google Chrome and what's been happening is as soon as I open RealGM, it spikes my system resources being used and then my CPU fans go insane. They get up to 80 degrees C for a few seconds and then they go back down to idling when I either close the RGM window or wait it out for like 25s.
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#225 » by Vandal Savage » Fri Apr 1, 2016 4:09 am

Why does it say Suspended under my username, its been like that for awhile. I dont think I was suspended.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#226 » by Karmaloop » Sat Apr 2, 2016 11:34 pm

Not sure what's happening, but every time I'm on RealGM by browser crashes. And it's not any particular browser because it crashed with FireFox and Safari.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#227 » by insfo » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:54 pm

Spoiler tag not working.

I get a "Your message contains too few characters" message when trying to submit a post which has the spoiler tags.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#228 » by SMTBSI » Fri Apr 8, 2016 8:15 am

Update: This bug seems fixed for me now.

insfo wrote:Spoiler tag not working.

I get a "Your message contains too few characters" message when trying to submit a post which has the spoiler tags.

The strikethrough [s] tag and [youtube] tags also causes this error. Both opening [] and closing [/] tag must be present. All other tags seem fine.

Wackily, while the spoiler and strikethrough tags cause the error even if there is no content inside of them, the youtube tag only causes it when there is a semi-complete youtube link inside of it, on the same line as the opening tag.

So, for example:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/youtube]
- is not sufficient. But, put a letter or a number after the equal sign (even if the result is not a complete, valid link), and the error occurs. (Put symbols there instead of something alpha-numeric, and no error.)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=$662JyNLVpxE[/youtube]
is also okay. But, remove that dollar sign, and you get the error.

Interestingly, if you put the url on a new line, also no error. Instead, this happens:
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=&662JyNLVpxE[/youtube]
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#229 » by DarkAzcura » Sat Apr 9, 2016 1:50 pm

So I got and 1'd for a post I didn't make or..at least I don't remember making within the last two days. The post didn't even make sense in the context of the thread it was found as far as I can tell. I found a post that I supposedly made two days ago about Iggy being one of the best defenders ever in an Isaiah Thomas thread. Either I was hacked or somehow a post I made a very long time ago was swapped into the thread by some glitch? I changed passwords to be safe, but can this be looked into? This was the post that I supposedly made (but I didn't).

DarkAzcura wrote:did someone really call iguodala one of the best wing defenders of all time?

-he was first team all-nba defense once, and on the team overall just twice
-he was never, at any point, the best wing defender in the league
-never top 10 at his position in DWS/PPP allowed/DRAPM

he is a very good defender, in his prime he was one of the best on the wing. he is nowhere near GOAT wing defender though. and certainly today he isnt one of the top wing defenders.

This is the thread where I found the post:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1434713&start=20
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#230 » by truth18 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:22 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:Recently, RealGM has come to crawling speed for me. I think it started last week. Any idea why that would be?

Also having this issue.
YOU LOSE
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#231 » by Steve210 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:56 pm

I got a new iPhone 6S and for some reason I can't download the app to my phone? I still have the app on my old phone, but I don't even see the App in AppStore? Can someone help? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#232 » by Phish Tank » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:27 am

Steve210 wrote:I got a new iPhone 6S and for some reason I can't download the app to my phone? I still have the app on my old phone, but I don't even see the App in AppStore? Can someone help? Thanks!

I was just about to post this same thing too.... Also it looks like I can see your avatar using the app, but I'm not able to see mine. Weird

Sent from the phish tank
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#233 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Steve210 wrote:I got a new iPhone 6S and for some reason I can't download the app to my phone? I still have the app on my old phone, but I don't even see the App in AppStore? Can someone help? Thanks!

I was just about to post this same thing too.... Also it looks like I can see your avatar using the app, but I'm not able to see mine. Weird

Sent from the phish tank

Apple noticed the heavy traphic from users on RealGM and took the App down since they want to charge money to have this App available. Basically, Apple wants a piece of the pie.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
GWgw
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,117

Post#234 » by GWgw » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Having troubles in Google Chrome (on Mac) where I click icons (such as the "quote" button) and nothing happens, other than I can no longer click on anything (links, icons, etc) on the page anymore. Only solution is to hit the back button and try again. It is one of those annoying ones where it works very intermittently but I most often and consistently have this problem when trying to quote someone's post.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#235 » by SMTBSI » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:28 am

This is strange. Maybe doesn't qualify as a bug, but might be of interest to somebody.

It seems that the forum has recently stopped assigning new users even-numbered IDs. 176508 was the last even number issued to a user, on April 10th. Since then, nothing but odds for the last 139 new posters.

Timing alone (early on the 10th) makes me wonder if this is somehow related to the broken tag bug mentioned above, that gnif reported fixed on April 10th at 1:21AM.

Spoiler:
gnif wrote:This should be fixed now also, can you please confirm
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#236 » by QUIZ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:59 pm

I seem to be getting and1 notifications even though I have the option unselected in my notification settings. It just started happening today.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#237 » by Left Side Drive » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:35 am

I just realized that my And1 counter hasn't moved in a while. Not really affecting the fact that I can receive and give And1s just perplexing.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#238 » by BackseatBoss » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Left Side Drive wrote:I just realized that my And1 counter hasn't moved in a while. Not really affecting the fact that I can receive and give And1s just perplexing.

Yeah, I have the same issue, if you would call it that. Over the past couple of days I've received around a couple of hundred of And1s and I'm still stuck at my old count.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#239 » by DK-All Day » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:14 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:
Left Side Drive wrote:I just realized that my And1 counter hasn't moved in a while. Not really affecting the fact that I can receive and give And1s just perplexing.

Yeah, I have the same issue, if you would call it that. Over the past couple of days I've received around a couple of hundred of And1s and I'm still stuck at my old count.

At least I'm not the only one.
Handsome.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#240 » by SMTBSI » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:41 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
BackseatBoss wrote:

At least I'm not the only one.

EDIT: HA! I figured it out.

Every and-1 I give someone else is getting added to my total.

-------

I'm having the opposite issue.

The last couple of days, my And-1 counter seems to be incrementing faster than I can account for based on the notifications I am getting, and the and-1's that show on recent posts.

I suppose it's possible that there are older posts of mine somewhere picking up and-1s rapidly all of the sudden for some reason, but it sure seems suspicious.

Now, I'm not sure that the issue is phantom and-1's, or if it's that the notifications are getting delayed. I've noticed that I'll get in a conversation, get a couple responses and a couple and-1's, but get no notifications, and then when I log in the next day, the notifications are there. So it may just be that things are lagging so much for some reason that the incrementing seems to be doing weird things.

Edit: Like, what the heck. I just got four and-1's in the last few seconds since I posted this, and no notification

Return to Feedback and Suggestions