Consistency of enforcement of rules on the GB

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,549

Consistency of enforcement of rules on the GB 

Post#1 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:47 pm

I normally don't criticize mods for not having consistency in rules enforcement but why is the thread Dwight Howard ripped by Zionists for "Free Palestine" tweet still open. The thread has gone on for 33 pages and has at this point nothing to do with Howard and is mostly a debate about the Israel-Palestine situation.

The vast majority of posts violate the first rule: 1. Make Your Post In The Right Forum.

A similar phenomenon occurred with the Mark Jackson preaching thread which quickly became a debate about the merits of organized religion.

I'm not asking for everyone to get warnings but the thread clearly should have been locked by now. There is no question that some mods are aware of it.

If you're going to have strict enforcement of rules it must be consistent or people will end up violating the rules because they think there are gray areas rather than black and white.

Open Disclosure: I am on ROA but I did not create this thread to complain about my status on the board. I'm quite fine with the GOB ban.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Re: Consistency of enforcement of rules on the GB 

Post#2 » by tsherkin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:29 pm

It isn't still open, it's been locked for some time. We received complaints from individual posters via reported posts and PMs to individual GB mods and locked the thread.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Re: Consistency of enforcement of rules on the GB 

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:52 am

Thank you for answering this tsherkin.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions