Allowing player comparison dscussion in GD

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Allowing player comparison dscussion in GD 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't see why we insist player comparisons can only be done in the player comparison forum. GD discusses all kinds of topics. Trades are discussed there, even though we have a trade forum. Drafts are discussed there, even though we have a draft forum. Team specific issues are discussed, even though we have team forums.

GD should be for any and all issues, even if the discussion could take place in a smaller forum.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Re: Allowing player comparison dscussion in GD 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Laimbeer wrote:I don't see why we insist player comparisons can only be done in the player comparison forum. GD discusses all kinds of topics. Trades are discussed there, even though we have a trade forum. Drafts are discussed there, even though we have a draft forum. Team specific issues are discussed, even though we have team forums.

GD should be for any and all issues, even if the discussion could take place in a smaller forum.

Do you mean The General NBA Board?
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#3 » by Laimbeer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:I don't see why we insist player comparisons can only be done in the player comparison forum. GD discusses all kinds of topics. Trades are discussed there, even though we have a trade forum. Drafts are discussed there, even though we have a draft forum. Team specific issues are discussed, even though we have team forums.

Yes.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:03 am

Laimbeer wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Yes.

Laimbeer,

The General NBA Board has enough topics as is.

We made the Player Comparisons Forum years ago to relieve the clutter.

All Player Comparisons Discussion should be there.

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,189

Post#5 » by tsherkin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:12 pm

There is an entire forum for player discussions; that is the entire purpose OF said forum. There is no reason for extra comparison threads to bleed over onto the GB, which has a host of other topics to use as the foundation of its thread base.

The PC Board is not really a "smaller forum," either; it's very active, much more so than most of the team boards apart from the properly humongous fan bases, so that really wasn't a fair characterization either.

Trades and Draft stuff are typically locked/moved over to the appropriate forums as well, in any case, though as with anything on a board that size, sometimes they are missed. As Howard said, there are tons and tons and TONS of comparison threads, which was the whole reason the PC Board was created in the first place. No sense moving back to having them on the GB. No tangible value thereto, either.

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Thank you for going in-depth tsherkin.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions