Locked topic question

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Locked topic question 

Post#1 » by chrismikayla » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 am

Good evening I am fairly new to this board and I had a question about a topic I started back in October that was locked and I was not sure why. It was on the PC board where I referenced a user's post on another forum stating Larry Bird would be a Kyle Korver type role player today and thought it was amusing. It was locked after five or six posts.

Thanks
[gfycat][/gfycat]
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Re: Locked topic question 

Post#2 » by tsherkin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:10 am

That was likely locked because there would be no productive conversation coming from such a ridiculous and ignorant opinion, to be honest. Not that it was your opinion, obviously, but that's the sort of nonsense we try very hard to avoid on these forums because it's rooted in absolutely nothing intelligent.

It's something which is very obviously untrue based on players who are in the league today, players who are in some cases less skilled and less clever in terms of their vision and understanding of the game.

So that's likely why the thread was locked. I think, though cannot confirm without wading through months of logs, that I was the one who locked it, as I remember that post.

Does that help?
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#3 » by chrismikayla » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:17 pm

tsherkin wrote:That was likely locked because there would be no productive conversation coming from such a ridiculous and ignorant opinion, to be honest. Not that it was your opinion, obviously, but that's the sort of nonsense we try very hard to avoid on these forums because it's rooted in absolutely nothing intelligent.

It's something which is very obviously untrue based on players who are in the league today, players who are in some cases less skilled and less clever in terms of their vision and understanding of the game.

So that's likely why the thread was locked. I think, though cannot confirm without wading through months of logs, that I was the one who locked it, as I remember that post.

Does that help?
Yes that makes it clear thank you.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Post#4 » by tsherkin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Glad to help out.
Howard Mass
Site Admin