Incorrect Moderation

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Incorrect Moderation 

Post#1 » by pr0gr4m » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:27 pm

KingDavid wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:Subject: Nope Curry

I made a thread called "Meth Curry" as in reference to "Meth Damon" from Breaking Bad. It was just a creative, eye catching title about Malachi Flynn on the GB. RealGM's direct traffic competitor NBA subreddit allows posts like these.

I'm a new poster here and I don't see reason to not flock to reddit other than the fact I'm use to posting here. Is it smart for the forum maintainers to cater for the sub 18 year old demographics? In terms of discussion that is one of the bigger problems and non-ball debates with the forum.

I didn't break any rules of the GB or RealGM by posting that thread. Please re-open my thread with the original thread title.

Thank you David.

Read the terms of use.

No, I won't be opening that thread. And no, you didn't break a specific rule that comes to mind, that's why you weren't given a strike or warning. Send a PM to Howard Mass and discuss it with him.

I read the terms of use before I began using this platform. If you want to be technical that is fine and I can direct Admin to your breakage of the terms of use.

What do you want to highlight about the terms of use in regards to my post?

If a rule was not broken your subjections and feelings don't matter.

Our correspondances will be forwarded and is not confidential by any manner.

I hope you understand how you are incorrectly exercising moderator power. Please separate your subjections from the actual rules and terms of use.

Thanks for the response David.

Please review the following correspondance.

Thank you.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,979

Re: Incorrect Moderation 

Post#2 » by KingDavid » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:52 pm

I thought you read the rules and terms of service?

6. If your thread has been locked, merged or removed please do not start up another thread asking for an explanation.

If you have a question about the status of a thread, please contact the moderator of the forum by private message.

Any user who calls out a Moderator for locking their thread will automatically be warned or temporally suspended.

And

13. The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time.

The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Moderators and not users.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,530

Post#3 » by Dirk » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:55 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Read the terms of use.

No, I won't be opening that thread. And no, you didn't break a specific rule that comes to mind, that's why you weren't given a strike or warning. Send a PM to Howard Mass and discuss it with him.

I read the terms of use before I began using this platform. If you want to be technical that is fine and I can direct Admin to your breakage of the terms of use.

I hope you understand how you are incorrectly exercising moderator power. Please separate your subjections from the actual rules and terms of use.

Thank you.

We appreciate your feedback and after carefully looking it, I'd like to let you know that moderators have the discretion of locking topics they feel bring the level of discussion down.

In this specific case, this was highlighted both by various reports from other users as well as replies within that topic underlining how "inappropriate" it was. If the topic remained open, you'd just see the same types of posts.

You weren't warned or suspended. You just had a topic locked. It's not personal or a big deal. Don't let this discourage you from participating in the forum.

Stay safe
60/21/10
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,684

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:05 am

Dirk wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:

Thank you.

We appreciate your feedback and after carefully looking it, I'd like to let you know that moderators have the discretion of locking topics they feel bring the level of discussion down.

In this specific case, this was highlighted both by various reports from other users as well as replies within that topic underlining how "inappropriate" it was. If the topic remained open, you'd just see the same types of posts.

You weren't warned or suspended. You just had a topic locked. It's not personal or a big deal. Don't let this discourage you from participating in the forum.

Stay safe

Thank you for responding Dirk.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions