Suggestion: "Serious Poster" and "Non-Serious Poster" Labels

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
playoffs
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,953

Suggestion: "Serious Poster" and "Non-Serious Poster" Labels 

Post#1 » by playoffs » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:09 pm

At any given time there are 3-5 overly-enthusiastic new posters that start a million nonsensical threads and spam other threads with non-serious replies. As much as I try to avoid interacting with them, it's impossible to not see their many posts, because they always manage to bait a number of other posters to engage with them in lengthy arguments over their nonsensical takes.

My suggestion is to give posters the ability to label other posters as "serious posters" if they contribute to a healthy discussion, and "non-serious posters" if they are mostly trolling or just overly confident with terrible takes. Obviously, some will try to abuse this system and label anyone they disagree with as "non-serious", so I'm not suggesting that one would be labeled as non-serious because a few posters hit that button on them, but after a certain threshold of being labeled as such by other poster, a "Non-Serious" label could appear next to their avatar to warn others that they are being bated.

Of course, sometimes these posters grow up and become more serious contributors, so maybe after a certain amount of time there could be an "amnesty period" where they could have their label removed, provided they don't continue functioning mainly as trolls.

By the way, I've also personally tried to find a way to block these posters, but I haven't found that feature so far. Does it exist?
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,613

Re: Suggestion: "Serious Poster" and "Non-Serious Poster" Labels 

Post#2 » by kyphi » Thu Oct 5, 2023 4:55 pm

Friends and foes option in the profile section

Return to Feedback and Suggestions