Locking Topics

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Locking Topics 

Post#1 » by cucad8 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:00 am

As opposed to just locking topics, and posting a link to the general board rules, if at all possible, could the mods (Flash) at least post the relevant rule being broken in the general rules, or explain why it was locked?? And if it belongs under a different section, why not transfer the topic, as opposed to locking it, and posting a link to the general rules saying it fits better elsewhere. That's extremely annoying. I generally don't start many threads, so it doesn't happen to my threads, but often I, and I am sure others, are left wondering why exactly a topic was locked. Or, were possibly enjoying a thread, and instead of it just transferring it over to the plaer comparison board, instead, it is just locked.
I understand this will get locked, but I couldn't find a topic for contacting mods, so didn't know how else to ask. Thanks.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Re: Locking Topics 

Post#2 » by Flash3 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 am

The GB Mod team has been rather loose when it comes to moving topics from posters who are new to the forums, yet when you have the same posters, those who've been here for more than a few years and are very well aware of the other boards we have on this forum, it becomes rather silly to do any further when multiple PMs have been sent to those posters, than to just lock them. -- Plus, some are blatantly noticable to be specific board topics, that they don't need explanation, but when they aren't, more times than not they are explanations given.

We've had multiple complaints from long time users about the boards being unreadable, and that's the reason why we've got 2 threads stickied. -- We mods are posters like you guys, too. We don't want clutter on this board that makes it unreadable or unenjoyable going forward. We encourage you guys to help/guide us where you see fit, this being a prime example.

Edit: Moving this to the Feedback/Suggestions board.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Re: Locking Topics 

Post#3 » by cucad8 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:10 am

Thank you very much for the response. All I really wanted was the reasoning. I didn't pay attention to it being the same posters, and obviously you guys did. I can see that getting annoying. Thank you.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions