All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#181 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri May 1, 2015 6:52 pm

I am now getting periodic audio leaks from all (3) browsers, IE, Mozilla and Chrome. They are unpredictable when they happen and sometimes, there is NO way to pause or stop audio as there are no icons on the advertisement outside of closing the browser altogether. This is very painful when at work and you are talking to someone.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AlexDelta
Senior
And1: 254

Post#182 » by AlexDelta » Sun May 3, 2015 4:38 pm

The forum is almost unusable for me on mobile, as ads automatically open the AppStore to try to make me download Game of War.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 230

Post#183 » by CR Reina » Wed May 6, 2015 12:07 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I am now getting periodic audio leaks from all (3) browsers, IE, Mozilla and Chrome. They are unpredictable when they happen and sometimes, there is NO way to pause or stop audio as there are no icons on the advertisement outside of closing the browser altogether. This is very painful when at work and you are talking to someone.

We'll work to eliminate this issue. All video ads are supposed to be user-initiated sound only.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#184 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 6, 2015 12:12 am

AlexDelta wrote:The forum is almost unusable for me on mobile, as ads automatically open the AppStore to try to make me download Game of War.

Sooo, I take it that you're a gamer?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Chris_SoCal
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#185 » by Chris_SoCal » Wed May 6, 2015 6:16 pm

CR Reina wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I am now getting periodic audio leaks from all (3) browsers, IE, Mozilla and Chrome. They are unpredictable when they happen and sometimes, there is NO way to pause or stop audio as there are no icons on the advertisement outside of closing the browser altogether. This is very painful when at work and you are talking to someone.

We'll work to eliminate this issue. All video ads are supposed to be user-initiated sound only.

That isn't good enough... when you get several videos playing even audio free it really slows your computer down. IF you allow any video ads it needs to be only ONE at a time.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#186 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 6, 2015 10:06 pm

Chris_SoCal wrote:
CR Reina wrote:

That isn't good enough... when you get several videos playing even audio free it really slows your computer down. IF you allow any video ads it needs to be only ONE at a time.

It all depends on your computer and if you update your flash and java. I don't experience slowness.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AlexDelta
Senior
And1: 254

Post#187 » by AlexDelta » Wed May 6, 2015 10:09 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
AlexDelta wrote:The forum is almost unusable for me on mobile, as ads automatically open the AppStore to try to make me download Game of War.

Sooo, I take it that you're a gamer?

Haha more on consoles though, but it's annoying that there are ads, that automatically close my browser and open the AppStore. Can't use RealGm on my phone at all right now.
Chris_SoCal
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#188 » by Chris_SoCal » Fri May 8, 2015 1:22 am

I created a work around... I downloaded a script blocker for firefox. Computer is running like a charm now... it just unfortunate for the forum that I won't be seeing any more of their ads.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#189 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Holy Crap. Video hasn't had sound for about two weeks then first thing this morning, your video ad's are playing sound on IE, Chrome and Mozilla. First it was Nissan and then Office depot or something. Then, if you move your mouse over it, there is no freaking way to disable audio or pause the video until it is done. I am at work and can't deal with this. Please fix this again.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#190 » by CR Reina » Thu May 21, 2015 5:59 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Holy Crap. Video hasn't had sound for about two weeks then first thing this morning, your video ad's are playing sound on IE, Chrome and Mozilla. First it was Nissan and then Office depot or something. Then, if you move your mouse over it, there is no freaking way to disable audio or pause the video until it is done. I am at work and can't deal with this. Please fix this again.

Sorry for these issues. Looks like a bad ad got through. We'll make sure to eliminate the audio ads again.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#191 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm

I haven't had a problem since this morning, Good Job!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,667

Post#192 » by Howard Mass » Fri May 22, 2015 12:27 am

Sounds good.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#193 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 pm

FYI. The "Quicktips" advertisement is playing sound. I noticed that Quicktips played sound during its commercial then another commercial played with no sound then Quicktips came on again playing sound right afterwards.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#194 » by CR Reina » Thu May 28, 2015 4:40 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:FYI. The "Quicktips" advertisement is playing sound. I noticed that Quicktips played sound during its commercial then another commercial played with no sound then Quicktips came on again playing sound right afterwards.

I've let the ad network know so they can remove it.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#195 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 pm

There is a commercial this morning stating,"Smell like the lifestyle you deserve" playing every 30 seconds with Sound. Now, I can't listen to Pandora while I work and have RealGM on at the same time.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#196 » by CR Reina » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:28 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:There is a commercial this morning stating,"Smell like the lifestyle you deserve" playing every 30 seconds with Sound. Now, I can't listen to Pandora while I work and have RealGM on at the same time.

Has the ad disappeared? I found an audio ad last week that I was able to have our ad network disable.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#197 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:24 pm

CR Reina wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:There is a commercial this morning stating,"Smell like the lifestyle you deserve" playing every 30 seconds with Sound. Now, I can't listen to Pandora while I work and have RealGM on at the same time.

Has the ad disappeared? I found an audio ad last week that I was able to have our ad network disable.

I haven't had any issues since last week until today, hahaha. But, I was out of the office the past two days and only in the office for one hour this morning

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#198 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Please let us know if this continues.

Thanks!

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#199 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Please let us know if this continues.

Thanks!

I haven't been on RealGM at work much past few days as I been out of the office at customers sites. But, I will let you know if it continues on Monday. I have volume disabled on my laptop at home and will be out of town over the weekend.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#200 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Sounds good.

Thanks BadMofoPimp!

Return to Feedback and Suggestions