All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
NoseBleeds
Sophomore
And1: 96

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#201 » by NoseBleeds » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:16 pm

still getting these ads with audio playing automatically
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 230

Post#202 » by CR Reina » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 pm

NoseBleeds wrote:still getting these ads with audio playing automatically

Sorry about that. I've let the advertising network know so they can remove the ad ASAP.
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#203 » by Future Coach » Thu Jul 9, 2015 3:03 am

I am a first time poster to this section, and since I have been posting and/or viewing the site for nearly a decade, I suppose that is a testament to the site's general acceptability.

But the video ads that continuously loop on the front page and the news page (they may loop elsewhere as well) are simply unbearable. Furthermore, they are in clear contradiction to the very comments in the opening post of this thread by CR Reina. To say "For several years now we have had policy not to run any pop-up ads, sound ads or intermission ads....We don't want the ads to interfere with your experience on RealGM in any way." I have never complained about ads on a site before, but this is a site you could say I "regularly visit" so I suppose I've tried to put up with them more than I would other sites, as many sites I know to just not go to. This site has inched into that territory when I am on my PC as not only are the video ads amazingly annoying when they run as you want them to, but more often then not they trigger my download manager and asked to be downloaded (if I had it set to auto-download, I would be downloading every single ad :banghead: ). It's is such an annoyance that I often just close RealGM now and go elsewhere. And on my phone it doesn't really work too smooth at all, so I'm getting frustrated.

Figured I would post this here before I officially move on, as I have thought of this site as being receptive to feedback and discussion before... hoping for that to still be true (cynically I imagine finances are involved)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#204 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jul 9, 2015 3:08 am

Future Coach wrote:I am a first time poster to this section, and since I have been posting and/or viewing the site for nearly a decade, I suppose that is a testament to the site's general acceptability.

But the video ads that continuously loop on the front page and the news page (they may loop elsewhere as well) are simply unbearable. Furthermore, they are in clear contradiction to the very comments in the opening post of this thread by CR Reina. To say "For several years now we have had policy not to run any pop-up ads, sound ads or intermission ads....We don't want the ads to interfere with your experience on RealGM in any way." I have never complained about ads on a site before, but this is a site you could say I "regularly visit" so I suppose I've tried to put up with them more than I would other sites, as many sites I know to just not go to. This site has inched into that territory when I am on my PC as not only are the video ads amazingly annoying when they run as you want them to, but more often then not they trigger my download manager and asked to be downloaded (if I had it set to auto-download, I would be downloading every single ad :banghead: ). It's is such an annoyance that I often just close RealGM now and go elsewhere. And on my phone it doesn't really work too smooth at all, so I'm getting frustrated.

Figured I would post this here before I officially move on, as I have thought of this site as being receptive to feedback and discussion before... hoping for that to still be true (cynically I imagine finances are involved)

I have a trick for you. I use one browser (you can use chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) just for RealGM and just disable Flash on that browser. Walah, no videos or popups. Problem fixed.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Future Coach
Assistant Coach

Post#205 » by Future Coach » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:08 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Future Coach wrote:I am a first time poster to this section, and since I have been posting and/or viewing the site for nearly a decade, I suppose that is a testament to the site's general acceptability.

I have a trick for you. I use one browser (you can use chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) just for RealGM and just disable Flash on that browser. Walah, no videos or popups. Problem fixed.

I'm not going to use a different browser just to load a site. I am much more likely just to not go to that site. For ads to give me this much trouble when I am using chrome and adblock plus is ridiculous.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#206 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:00 pm

Future Coach wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I'm not going to use a different browser just to load a site. I am much more likely just to not go to that site. For ads to give me this much trouble when I am using chrome and adblock plus is ridiculous.

You know what? Disabling Flash, Java and Silverlight may be the safest way to browse websites. Those 3 add-on's are the main reasons people get virus's, Trojans, Spyware and Adware.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Future Coach
Assistant Coach

Post#207 » by Future Coach » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:50 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:You know what? Disabling Flash, Java and Silverlight may be the safest way to browse websites. Those 3 add-on's are the main reasons people get virus's, Trojans, Spyware and Adware.

I just prefer not to go to sites that have such parting gifts. I am hoping this site doesn't get added to that bunch.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#208 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Future Coach wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:You know what? Disabling Flash, Java and Silverlight may be the safest way to browse websites. Those 3 add-on's are the main reasons people get virus's, Trojans, Spyware and Adware.

I just prefer not to go to sites that have such parting gifts. I am hoping this site doesn't get added to that bunch.

It is hard to find websites that don't have those types of advertisements anymore.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
LakersDynasty14
Senior
And1: 513

Post#209 » by LakersDynasty14 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:24 pm

I love RealGm, but it is getting unusable for me with all the audio ads autoplaying. Every time I go into a thread they start, and I can't get them to stop. Please Please Please, stop with the audio ads.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#210 » by CR Reina » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:35 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Future Coach wrote:

It is hard to find websites that don't have those types of advertisements anymore.

We get offers for those types of ads all the time and always reject them. We've always reject pop-up and pop-under ads.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#211 » by CR Reina » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 am

LakersDynasty14 wrote:I love RealGm, but it is getting unusable for me with all the audio ads autoplaying. Every time I go into a thread they start, and I can't get them to stop. Please Please Please, stop with the audio ads.

We had this network make a change that should we hope will eliminate the audio ads once and for all.

It's little consolation to you as the impacted user, but the policy we have is for our advertisers not to run auto audio ads.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#212 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:29 pm

CR Reina wrote:We had this network make a change that should we hope will eliminate the audio ads once and for all.

It's little consolation to you as the impacted user, but the policy we have is for our advertisers not to run auto audio ads.

Just an FYI. Sometimes, if I leave RealGM open in a browser and start working, after 5 or 10 minutes every once in a while a Radio ad will break through. Sometimes, it seems like it stutters to start, but then it starts. It may be an issue with Flash. Doubt this is fixable tho.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Future Coach
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by Future Coach » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:31 am

CR Reina wrote:
LakersDynasty14 wrote:I love RealGm, but it is getting unusable for me with all the audio ads autoplaying. Every time I go into a thread they start, and I can't get them to stop. Please Please Please, stop with the audio ads.

We had this network make a change that should we hope will eliminate the audio ads once and for all.

It is a good policy, and I look forward to when it is back in action.

I'm still getting download prompts (from my download manager) for ads such as:

http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Potty_Train_Puppy_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Lower_Power_Bill_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Compost_Pile_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Staying_Sharp_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Healthy_Snacks_65_s_re_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Streak_Free_Glass_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Car_Seat_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Child_Proofing_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Cancer_Foods_65_s_n.mp4

It seems to be happening a little less the past couple of days compared to the weeks prior, which I suppose is progress, but it still happens quite a bit on the front page and wiretap pages. I would prefer not to blacklist realgm, so hopefully there is more progress to be made... Good place to start would be to get rid of these babaroll quicktips, so f'n annoying
LakersDynasty14
Senior
And1: 513

Post#214 » by LakersDynasty14 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 pm

This morning I'm getting all sorts of new pop up ads that I've never seen before on RealGM. It's opening ads in new tabs and also completely taking over the RealGM page and giving a countdown to when I can skip the ad and return to RealGM.

This is new, and I have never seen ads this egregious before.
Tave
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,356

Post#215 » by Tave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:04 pm

I constantly get redirected to the App Store from the boards while browsing on my iPhone, usually for one of the game-apps being advertised. For awhile I thought maybe it was just me, but I texted a link to a wiretap article to a friend of mine the other day, and it happened to him immediately.

In terms of frequency, it happens more often than not whenever I access the site, and will happen multiple times in a single session if I stay logged-in for more than a few minutes.

Please stop this, it's extremely frustrating.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#216 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Probably need to talk to Apple about those kinds of pop-ups. I get no pop-ups with Galaxy S5.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#217 » by CR Reina » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:58 pm

Thanks for sending these links. We've passed them onto the network so they can be removed.

Future Coach wrote:
CR Reina wrote:

It is a good policy, and I look forward to when it is back in action.

I'm still getting download prompts (from my download manager) for ads such as:

http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Potty_Train_Puppy_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Lower_Power_Bill_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Compost_Pile_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Staying_Sharp_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Healthy_Snacks_65_s_re_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Streak_Free_Glass_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Car_Seat_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Child_Proofing_65_s_n.mp4
http://cdn.babaroll.com/media/QuickTips_Cancer_Foods_65_s_n.mp4

It seems to be happening a little less the past couple of days compared to the weeks prior, which I suppose is progress, but it still happens quite a bit on the front page and wiretap pages. I would prefer not to blacklist realgm, so hopefully there is more progress to be made... Good place to start would be to get rid of these babaroll quicktips, so f'n annoying
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#218 » by CR Reina » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:00 am

LakersDynasty14 wrote:This morning I'm getting all sorts of new pop up ads that I've never seen before on RealGM. It's opening ads in new tabs and also completely taking over the RealGM page and giving a countdown to when I can skip the ad and return to RealGM.

This is new, and I have never seen ads this egregious before.

If this happens again, can you take a screenshot so we can identify the ads?
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#219 » by CR Reina » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:02 am

Tave wrote:I constantly get redirected to the App Store from the boards while browsing on my iPhone, usually for one of the game-apps being advertised. For awhile I thought maybe it was just me, but I texted a link to a wiretap article to a friend of mine the other day, and it happened to him immediately.

In terms of frequency, it happens more often than not whenever I access the site, and will happen multiple times in a single session if I stay logged-in for more than a few minutes.

Please stop this, it's extremely frustrating.

We're looking into this for you and will report back what we find. Let us know if it continues.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#220 » by RIP Kobe » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:44 pm

Getting annoyed...

Return to Feedback and Suggestions