CBA All-Star game

Moderator: jman3134

heavesrock
Junior
And1: 0

CBA All-Star game 

Post#1 » by heavesrock » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:57 am

The CBA all-star game will be held Tuesday in Yakima, Washington. The game will be preceded by a dunk contest and three-point contest Monday. The host team, the Yakama Sun Kings, are enjoying a incredible season, sitting at 23-1 halfway through the season. The game will be webcast on cbahoopsonline.com.

The two coaches will be Chris Daleo of the Minot Syrockets and Paul Woolpert of the Yakama Sun Kings. The rosters are:

American Conference (East)

Ronnie Fields-Minot
Kevin Rice-Minot
Sidney Holmes-Minot
Fields and Rice will not participate due to injury and illness. Taking their place will be Marshall Phillips.
James "Boo" Jackson-East Kentucky
Josh Pace-East KEntucky
Mike Dean-East Kentucky-Dean has spent most of the season will Rio Grande Valley, only recently moving to EK.
Shaun Fountain-Pittsburgh (will not participate)
John Strickland-Pittsburgh (recently released by Minot and signed by pittsburgh)
Taking Fountain's place will be John DeGroat of Pittsburgh
Steve Thomas-Atlanta
Zech Marbury-Atlanta (Stephons Brother)

National Conference-West
Jason Sasser-Yakama
Moochie Norris-Yakama
Desmond Ferguson-Yakama
Jermaine Blackburn-Yakama
Odell Bradley-Butte (Bradley is doing the tough job of playing and coaching the Butte Daredevils at the moment, while ownership has a dispute with head coach Pat O'Herron)
Aaron Cook-Butte (Cook played last year with -drum roll please- the Vermont Frost Heaves!)
Daryan Selvy-Oklahoma
Marvin Phillips-Oklahoma
Nate Green-Great Falls Explorers
Demorris Smith-Rio Grande Valley (Smith put up 45 points in a game earlier this season)
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#2 » by jman3134 » Sat Mar 1, 2008 10:48 pm

I should have responded to this a while back. This just shows me that the CBA is still a veterans league. Moochie Norris and some other guys prove to me that the CBA can thrive amidst the tribulations of the NBDL. We'll see though. Former NBA players should come to play simply for the competitive atmosphere and this should attract NBA scouts.

Return to Minor Leagues