LaMelo Ball Out For Remainder Of Season To Rehab

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LaMelo Ball Out For Remainder Of Season To Rehab  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

The Charlotte Hornets announced that guard LaMelo Ball will miss the remainder of the season to rehab his right ankle injury. Ball has been out since January 26 with right ankle tendinopathy.

This is the second straight season Ball has missed considerable time due to right ankle injuries. Last year, Ball's season ended in late-February after he fractured his right ankle.

Overall, the All-Star guard has appeared in only 58 games over the last two seasons. Ball also missed considerable time in his rookie year due to a fractured wrist.

Next season will be the first year of the five-year, projected $204.5 million rookie scale extension Ball signed last summer. The Hornets star point guard will make 25% of the cap on that lucrative extension, which is fully guaranteed with no options.

Via RealGM Staff Report

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: LaMelo Ball Out For Remainder Of Season To Rehab 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

It's time to move on from him. The hornets got Brandon and he can change culture truthfully.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3 » by dubbmotta » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

MitchB3 wrote:It's time to move on from him. The hornets got Brandon and he can change culture truthfully.

Steph Curry had the same issues early on..Not saying he's Steph Curry but there's no reason to move on right now.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#4 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

With new ownership and front office, I definitely see a head coach change coming. I think that will hopefully make things better for Melo.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,075

Post#5 » by Embiid P » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

MitchB3 wrote:It's time to move on from him. The hornets got Brandon and he can change culture truthfully.

I wouldn't mind my Sixers making a play for him in the offseason. Of course, knowing our luck, he'd be perpetually injured.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,185

Post#6 » by M2J » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

They're not trading that guy. Him and my dude Brandon are going to be fun to watch. They're probably going to try and keep Bridges too at this point. I'm sure ball has missed a lot of games for similar reasons sga was missing games for small injuries before this season. The tank and of course long term health
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,605

Post#7 » by dc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

Steph Curry had the same issues early on..Not saying he's Steph Curry but there's no reason to move on right now.

Curry had an issue with constant sprained ankles, but the docs/trainers never used the word tendinopathy with his ankle and it was only a major issue in 1 season.

This is the 2nd year it's taken a significant chunk of Lamelo's season. Despite popular belief, Curry actually only had 1 season where he missed big chunks of the season due to his ankle problem (the lockout shortened 2012 year). He played in 26 out of 66 games. Steph played 77 games the season before that and 78 games each of the next 2 seasons. The 26 game season was an aberration.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#8 » by MitchB3 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:42 am

dubbmotta wrote:

Why exactly are you invoking the name of a top 3 PGs of all time? All this guy does is put up stats on a bad team.

Return to Wiretap Discussion