Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,970

Re: Spurs Don't See Trae Young As Fit Next To Victor Wembanyama 

Post#21 » by shakes0 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:08 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I don't believe Pop has time in his day to hate a Trae. You talk like Trae killed his dog or something. But I promise you that Trae would be sitting on Pops bench the moment he launched one of his ill-advised long 3's.

That aside, you're right, Wemby would be the perfect center to put behind Trae. Someone that can erase his mistakes and make up for his lackadaisical defensive effort. But we aren't talking about who to put behind Trae, we are talking about who to put in front of Wemby, and there are many better PG's to put in front of Wemby. Tyus Jones says hello.... And SAS wouldn't need to give up anything to get him.

There isn't a player in the league who would be better to put with Wemby than Trae. You're talking about combing the center who is going to possibly be the greatest PnR big of all time with a guard who is already arguably the greatest PnR guard of all time.

Tyus Jones????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

And FTR< I would love it if Pop sat Trae for shooting long 3s. No one with ATL has had the guts to do that.

Trae isn't the greatest anything... and I like watching Trae play. I am not saying that Tyus is a better player. I am saying that he is a better fit. If I were to place money on which one of these two players wins a ring first, it would be Tyus hands down. Trae will have to wait until he's ring chasing.

Here are their numbers per 36:

Trae: 26/3/11 _ 1.3 STL _ 4.4 TOV _ .430 FG% _ .373 3P%
Tyus: 15/3/9 _ 1.3 STL _ 1.2 TOV _ .489 FG% _ .411 3P%

The bottom line is that Trae has too many flaws to be a #1a or 1b on a championship team, but Tyus has everything it takes to be a #4 while running the offense on a contender. He defends his position, makes the right pass, hits the open shot and doesn't turn it over. And most importantly, he's a free agent this summer. He wouldn't cost SAS a single asset.

If Trae gets moved, it will be to a lottery team or a fringe playoff team in desperation mode. (Yes, LAL are a fringe playoff team.) How about to CHI for LaVine and a pick?

per 36? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today is the day that RGM took it's idiocy to a whole new level. Never thought I would read, even here at RGM, a post claiming Tyus Freaking Jones is better than Trae Young.
NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 149

Post#22 » by NUMBERICA » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm

Lol. Yeah, no ****.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Post#23 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

There isn't a player in the league who would be better to put with Wemby than Trae. You're talking about combing the center who is going to possibly be the greatest PnR big of all time with a guard who is already arguably the greatest PnR guard of all time.

And FTR< I would love it if Pop sat Trae for shooting long 3s. No one with ATL has had the guts to do that.

Trae isn't the greatest anything... and I like watching Trae play. I am not saying that Tyus is a better player. I am saying that he is a better fit. If I were to place money on which one of these two players wins a ring first, it would be Tyus hands down. Trae will have to wait until he's ring chasing.

The bottom line is that Trae has too many flaws to be a #1a or 1b on a championship team, but Tyus has everything it takes to be a #4 while running the offense on a contender. He defends his position, makes the right pass, hits the open shot and doesn't turn it over. And most importantly, he's a free agent this summer. He wouldn't cost SAS a single asset.

If Trae gets moved, it will be to a lottery team or a fringe playoff team in desperation mode. (Yes, LAL are a fringe playoff team.) How about to CHI for LaVine and a pick?

Today is the day that RGM took it's idiocy to a whole new level. Never thought I would read, even here at RGM, a post claiming Tyus Freaking Jones is better than Trae Young.

Look, I am not about being in here insulting peoples intelligence... but go back and read what I said. Actually read it. Get a friend to help if that's what it takes. Phone a friend... whatever! After all that, if you still think I said Tyus is better than Trae you should probably go back to the third grade. :crazy:

And clearly you don't understand that all "per 36" does is take MPG out of the equation. You should probably know what you're talking about before you speak. You kinda sound like a guy yelling at a park bench right now. :lol:
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#24 » by haste10176 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Trae isn't the greatest anything... and I like watching Trae play. I am not saying that Tyus is a better player. I am saying that he is a better fit. If I were to place money on which one of these two players wins a ring first, it would be Tyus hands down. Trae will have to wait until he's ring chasing.

Look, I am not about being in here insulting peoples intelligence... but go back and read what I said. Actually read it. Get a friend to help if that's what it takes. Phone a friend... whatever! After all that, if you still think I said Tyus is better than Trae you should probably go back to the third grade. :crazy:

And clearly you don't understand that all "per 36" does is take MPG out of the equation. You should probably know what you're talking about before you speak. You kinda sound like a guy yelling at a park bench right now. :lol:

Trae is just a bad player that couldnt defend a witches hat. He will never win a ring and I would not have him on a good team let alone on a max contract.. Spurs playing it smart
jmbish87
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#25 » by jmbish87 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:14 am

shakes0 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

RGM is already at peak idiotic level because of posters like you who can't even bother reading. But let me make his points clear for you because you don't get it.

He said:
"I am not saying that Tyus is a better player."
"The bottom line is that Trae has too many flaws to be a #1a or 1b on a championship team, but Tyus has everything it takes to be a #4 while running the offense on a contender."
"And most importantly, Tyus is a free agent this summer. He wouldn't cost SAS a single asset."

You know the difference between "fit" and "superstar" right? Spurs want someone to FIT with their superstar franchise player. Other teams will gladly take Trae to be their superstar franchise player. Blink twice if you've got this far.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by shakes0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:05 pm

jmbish87 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Trae isn't the greatest anything... and I like watching Trae play. I am not saying that Tyus is a better player. I am saying that he is a better fit. If I were to place money on which one of these two players wins a ring first, it would be Tyus hands down. Trae will have to wait until he's ring chasing.

RGM is already at peak idiotic level because of posters like you who can't even bother reading. But let me make his points clear for you because you don't get it.

He said:
"The bottom line is that Trae has too many flaws to be a #1a or 1b on a championship team, but Tyus has everything it takes to be a #4 while running the offense on a contender."
"And most importantly, Tyus is a free agent this summer. He wouldn't cost SAS a single asset."

You know the difference between "fit" and "superstar" right? Spurs want someone to FIT with their superstar franchise player. Other teams will gladly take Trae to be their superstar franchise player. Blink twice if you've got this far.

you mention fit. No one in the league fits better with Wemby than Trae. No one. SPurs would be idiots to pass on Trae because they could save a few bucks shopping out of the bargain bin where the choices are Tyus Jones or a package of expired ham.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by shakes0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:06 pm

haste10176 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Trae is just a bad player that couldnt defend a witches hat. He will never win a ring and I would not have him on a good team let alone on a max contract.. Spurs playing it smart

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Trae is a bad player? Yea ok. Bad player who is the only person in 40 years to lead the league in scoring and assists. Bad player who is on his way to being a shoe in first ballot HOF. Bad player indeed :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Post#28 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:15 pm

jmbish87 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

He said:

You seem to get it, but it might be time to give up. I think we're talking to Trae's Mom's burner account. What other reason could there be for someone that loves Trae this much to want him to be traded so badly! :lol:

Then again, maybe it's Murray's mom's burner! :wink:
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#29 » by puja21 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:56 pm

shakes0 wrote:Bad player who is the only person in 40 years to lead the league in scoring and assists.

We've been over this many times on the RealGM boards.

This never happened.

Period.

Full stop.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by shakes0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:08 pm

puja21 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:Bad player who is the only person in 40 years to lead the league in scoring and assists.

This never happened.

Period.

Full stop.

What are you talking about? 2022 did happen, sorry to break it to you.

The Trae hate is so strong around here we even have folks trying to deny statistical facts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trae-young-becomes-second-player-070917318.html
jmbish87
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#31 » by jmbish87 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 am

shakes0 wrote:
jmbish87 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

He said:

you mention fit. No one in the league fits better with Wemby than Trae. No one. SPurs would be idiots to pass on Trae because they could save a few bucks shopping out of the bargain bin where the choices are Tyus Jones or a package of expired ham.

A pass-first point guard fits best with Wemby. We've already seen how guards who shoot a lot fit with Wemby. Chris Paul fits better with Wemby than Trae.
Trae's game is 30+% Usage - his game is built to be a first option. You don't bring in a PG with that usage to fit with your generational superstar - and at the cost (years and money) for it not to work out. The Hawks aren't even sure he fits with them as a first option and that says it all really.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 pm

jmbish87 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
jmbish87 wrote:

He said:

A pass-first point guard fits best with Wemby. We've already seen how guards who shoot a lot fit with Wemby. Chris Paul fits better with Wemby than Trae.
Trae's game is 30+% Usage - his game is built to be a first option. You don't bring in a PG with that usage to fit with your generational superstar - and at the cost (years and money) for it not to work out. The Hawks aren't even sure he fits with them as a first option and that says it all really.

pass first PG? How about a guy who has more assists than any player in the NBA since 2018-19? Does that qualify as passing the ball enough?
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by puja21 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:42 pm

shakes0 wrote:
puja21 wrote:

This never happened.

Period.

Full stop.

The Trae hate is so strong around here we even have folks trying to deny statistical facts.

You're reaching so hard here.

"Total points" is not "scoring"

Embiid, not Trae, led the league in scoring in 2022.

Similarly, no one says Tatum "led the league in *scoring* " over Embiid the next year in 2023, even though Tatum had the most "total points."

No one calls KG a scoring champ over TMac (2004). And no one calls either Paul Pierce or Stackhouse scoring champs for the years they led in total points. Those are Iverson's crowns.

Your love for Trae is so blind and desperate, that you're trying to change history to fit your narrative.

We went over this a year ago: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=415&t=2280988&
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:47 pm

puja21 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
puja21 wrote:

This never happened.

Period.

Full stop.

Similarly, no one says Tatum "led the league in *scoring* " over Embiid the next year in 2023, even though Tatum had the most "total points."

No one calls KG a scoring champ over TMac (2004). And no one calls either Paul Pierce or Stackhouse scoring champs for the years they led in total points. Those are Iverson's crowns.

Your love for Trae is so blind and desperate, that you're trying to change history to fit your narrative.

We went over this a year ago: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=415&t=2280988&

total points is far more impressive than scoring. One actually requires you to play a lot of games. Won't be long before the NBA gets rid of deciding stat leaders based on averages and goes to totals like just about every other sport. Also lines up with the new games played requirements.

Regardless of the semantics game you want to play, Trae is the first player in 40 years to lead the league in scoring and assists. And yet you stil say he isn't a star. Ludicrous.

He has also led the entire league in assists since 2018-19 season.

But yea, not a star :noway: :banghead: :nonono:
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by puja21 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 pm

shakes0 wrote:
puja21 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

total points is far more impressive than scoring. One actually requires you to play a lot of games. Won't be long before the NBA gets rid of deciding stat leaders based on averages and goes to totals like just about every other sport. Also lines up with the new games played requirements.

Regardless of the semantics game you want to play, Trae is the first player in 40 years to lead the league in scoring and assists. And yet you stil say he isn't a star. Ludicrous.

"total points is far more impressive than scoring." -- I hope you keep that energy when we're saying Iverson and Embiid have zero scoring titles.

Tiny Archibald ACTUALLY achieved this feat.

Meaning, Tiny led the league in ALL of these things in the same season: total points, ppg, total ast, AND apg.

And Tiny did it by a WIDE margin:
34 ppg to #2's 30.2 ppg
11.4 apg to #2's 8.3 apg
2719 pts to #2's 2292
910 ast to #2's 637

Trae finished 4th in the scoring race that year -- behind Embiid, Giannis, and Luka.
He did not win the assists title either (also based on per game); Harden won.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09 pm

puja21 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
puja21 wrote:

"total points is far more impressive than scoring." -- I hope you keep that energy when we're saying Iverson and Embiid have zero scoring titles.

Tiny Archibald ACTUALLY achieved this feat.

Meaning, Tiny led the league in ALL of these things in the same season: total points, ppg, total ast, AND apg.

And Tiny did it by a WIDE margin:
34 ppg to #2's 30.2 ppg
11.4 apg to #2's 8.3 apg
2719 pts to #2's 2292
910 ast to #2's 637

Trae finished 4th in the scoring race that year -- behind Embiid, Giannis, and Luka.
He did not win the assists title either (also based on per game); Harden won.

that's a lot of words for you to basically just write "semantics" over and over again.

FACT: Trae Young became the first player in 40 years to lead the NBA in scoring and assists in the same season
FACT: Trae Young has more assists than any player in the NBA since his rookie year
FACT: Trae Young is one of the youngest players to ever lead a team to the conference finals

OPINION: you claim he's not a star player
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by puja21 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm

shakes0 wrote:FACT: Trae Young became the first player in 40 years to lead the NBA in scoring and assists in the same season

Still no.

Maybe if you keep repeating it though. Or have you tried going outside and yelling it into the air, Michael Scott style ?

Surely, there's gotta be some way to make people believe total points counts as a scoring title in this one case JUST for Trae Young, because he's a super special little guy that you love so so much!

shakes0 wrote:[
FACT: Trae Young is one of the youngest players to ever lead a team to the conference finals

my guy, Trae Young wasn't even the youngest player that SEASON to lead his team to the conference finals (It was Luka).

So Trae Young is the 2nd youngest point guard from all the players in his draft class who happened to also be traded for each other on draft night 2018 ... to later lead his team to the 2021 conf finals.

Bravo.

Return to Wiretap Discussion